1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden Nets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sirjesse, Nov 14, 2020.

1. Le$$

Le$$ Member

It doesnt matter because Harden is a complete playoff chocker, so you can call me numbnuts all you what riko. Never said Harden wasnt great, but he aint no winner , hell I was around what 24 when Allen Iverson did his ****, and he could atleast take the 76ers to the Finals, Tired of these harden homers man.

DCHAMP likes this.
  2. riko

riko Member

What’s harden choking got to do with the fact Russ has never ever got a team out of the first round as the lead dog?What evidence do you have of RUSS leading a team FAR in the playoffs?

The Irony here is that RUSS is the modern day Iverson

3. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Well hell they both really needed Kd to get to the finals. Just saying.

4. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Two of them from the Nets averaging more than 18 ppg is not a great feat if it is coming from a losing team and that too from the East. But the combo of Kyrie, Durant, and Harden looks sick if they all keep their egos in check.

I do not understand why a trade is being already explored when Westbrook has barely settled with the Rockets. He was injured much of the time and then lockdown. They should try to convince Russ and Harden to try out 1 more season with the new management and coach. I hardly doubt we will get anything meaningful for immediate impact with Russ trade. I think Harden & Russ combo can work if the right pieces are acquired such as a desperate need for a C/PF and a doing away with the D'Antoni system of jacking 3s and small ball.

#64 Magicsaint, Nov 14, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
  5. riko

riko Member

**** KD or Harden for that matter! You said Russ can take his teams far I’m curious on what evidence are you basing that on? On the fact he has never been past the first round without those two?

6. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Harden slightly better than Westbrook. But he really never had a good team really. Just like the videos suggest PG Is chocking like harden is when it comes down to big time teams. We know that russell westbrook is a 2nd tier star, im not arguing that.

7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Lol did that guy “hear” it from a post I had on here weeks ago?

8. riko

riko Member

Why are comparing Harden and Russ? For argument sake we will call Harden a choker but on what evidence are basing you’re claims of Russ taking his teams far. Answer the question instead of jumping from tree to tree? What has Russ ever done as the number one guy to make you think that if he couldn’t get past the first round against average Utah or a solid blazers team with PG and Adams he can now magically get this team deep in the playoffs with Dimwiddie and LeVert?

And no Harden is a lot better player then Russ

UTSA2step likes this.
  9. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

A starting line up of Dinwiddie-LeVert-Prince-Randle-Allen is gonna have us in the running for the 1st overall pick in next years draft at least. I hope Morey got good protections on all those picks that OKC now owns. I hear Cade Cunningham is good.

Dacamel likes this.
  10. Le$$

Le$$ Member

I dont really care anymore bro, i hope we lose with harden for ever bra. All i care about is some 50 point nights by both harden and russ and 2nd round exits to california teams. Im out this blunt is making me tired.

11. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

Use the ****ing RANDOM TRADE THREAD

Dacamel and saleem like this.
  12. riko

riko Member

No answer as I suspected. Because there is no evidence.

13. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

14. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Obviously an awful trade, but given the Westbrook move, and everything under this owner, I would not put it past them for getting robbed. This will save them a lot of money, I am wondering what will happen with PJ as well. This is going to be a very dark era for the Rockets when you have a child making decisions. Wherever Harden goes, I will continue to root for his success.

UTSA2step likes this.
  15. realonemo

realonemo Member

The east was dog **** and Iverson would have been crucified if social media existed back then. He is as someone said a carbon copy of Westbrook career wise (not winning players).

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Did we watch the same playoffs? Beard was absolutely sublime on offense (and defense). I can’t imagine someone playing much better, both as a scorer and facilitator.

29.6 Points Per Game on an absurd .636 TS%...

Getting doubled all damn game.
    WHAT DO YOU GUYS WANT FROM THIS MAN?!?!?!

Max Kellerman is that you?

#76 RudyTBag, Nov 15, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
    UTSA2step, fckbandwagons and saleem like this.
  17. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Dinwiddie is pretty good, he can have player of the month type stats. LeVert had a great Playoff series and averaged 24ppg 5rpg 5apg after the All Star break in 17 games. He was starting to hit his straps in March before the covid shut down. Was averaging 27ppg 6rpg 6apg in 5 March games

18. icewill36

icewill36 Member

those guys and draft picks and id say do it. not because i dont love james, but because i want to see him on a true title contender.

19. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

People tend to forget the Kevin Martin days. The Rockets were a borderline 8th/9th place team with no superstar in sight and not bad enough to get a high pick. No I do not want to go through those years again. Even though Harden may have his negatives but bonafide studs don’t grow on trees in the NBA. He pretty much has put the Rockets back on the map after years and years of dark days.

You don’t luck out like Dallas did by smoothly transitioning from Dirk to Luka Doncic right away, also what we did to OKC to get Harden was a one of a kind steal and the man to do that hasn’t been able to replicate it since and isn't even here anymore.

What I’m trying to say is I won’t ever wanna trade Harden unless he is begging to leave and maybe even then I still won’t do it, you just keep on trying to add pieces to the puzzle and see if it works at some point. Keep the man happy at all costs.

Damn it! Why does it seem that all three Houston teams are heading in to a grim future of uncertainty and/or rebuild.

fckbandwagons likes this.
  20. bmelo

bmelo Member

This trade is so dumb. Not one allstar for Harden? Theyd have to sens out Irving atleast and i still would have passed