1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden Nets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sirjesse, Nov 14, 2020.

1. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Morey working the phones.......

2. vick

vick Member

Forget the players. Just get expiring contracts and 6 first-round picks and 2 second-round picks If no one does that. tell them to go pound rocks

bj3175 likes this.
  3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is such a dreadful deal.

You are trading the 2nd best player in the NBA for 4 guys that likely can’t even be a top 1, 2 or 3 option on a championship team?

I can’t believe there are clowns on here defending this trade. Would easily be one of the absolute worst trades of all time, and something that Silver should consider vetoing.

DVauthrin, UTSA2step, treyk3 and 2 others like this.
  4. Caesar

Caesar Member

This trade plus a Russ trade puts us in the competing for the 14th pick treadmill of mediocrity and i like those guys. Only way that group of guys turns into something real is if a superstar free agent or 2 come to Houston to form a duo with nice solid players already on the roster, but seems no one is going to want to come play for Titmans team.

Funny thing though is why would Russ want out if Harden brought in young depth with at best borderline all star potential. He'd stay and be the floor general he wants to be. Not saying i want this to happen, but why wouldn't he just stay to lead that group? He'd end up traded to somewhere with a far worse roster anyway...lol. Were not gifting him to a contender, especially not with that contract.

5. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Be crazy if Tilman wants to keep Russell and finds him the better player. lol

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If this happens. . . .we ABSOLUTELY have to get rid of Westbrook
    Agreed.

If they gave us all that for Westbrook + some Picks
    I would bet on the Rockets being in the Western Conference Finals next year!!

Rocket River

7. Asian Sensation

I love the optimism and I don’t want to be the one to burst your bubble but the reality is we have a Superstar player that’s the best offensive player in the regular season but not when the playoffs come around.

We have a rookie head coach and I’m excited about him (who I wanted) but I’m not expecting him to legitimately help us contend his first year. This isn’t like Kerr taking over a loaded Warriors team with all the pieces already in place. This team has a lot of question marks and issues that need to be addressed.

We were the oldest team last year and guess what everyone is going to be a year older and a little slower/worse. Everyone on our team has already seen their best days. Not hating it’s the reality.

PJ is 35 years old and god bless him but we can’t keep rolling him out as our Center. Same with RoCo playing the 4 or even 5. Both guys are playing out of position. Speaking of which are we going to continue with that BS small ball or are we going to get a true center and go back to a none gimmick offense? I’d love to see RoCo back at his natural 3 spot.

Gordon and Westbrick are not guys that can easily be moved. Not with those albatross contracts.

If you’re relying on Bruno and JaeSean Tate (Who the fook is that guy.gif) to be rotational players and expecting us to contend as well... well more power to ya.

Other than that everything looks good.

Supamanu and DCHAMP like this.
  8. Caesar

Caesar Member

If Harden is trying to respectfully get out on the dl to help us out, there really isn't anything that were going to be happy with. 1 of Simmons, Embiid or KAT in a multi-team is all you can really get out there. You just never get back fair value for superstar MVPS. That's the reality.

I really don't want to help Morey though. He won't trade Embiid and Simmons is the best player we can get back. Does Simmons have the kind of personality to recruit another star to join him eventually? Does he have the work ethic to rebuild his shot? I'm sure Silas can work with his passing and IQ and his defense is outstanding. Run him at point with what you get back from Russ trade and separate Tucker/Gordon/House trades. Rebuild.

My gut is telling me Harden wants out though and trying to go about it quietly.

9. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

IF I'm trading Harden I want multiple first round picks and none of those can come from the team he ultimately lands on - I want those picks coming from a third team cause Harden's gonna carry a team to 45 wins with 4 scrubs from the local YMCA over 40 league.

Nook and Rocket River like this.
  10. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

saleem likes this.
  11. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Westbrook (27.2)-
    Dwiddle (20.6) Gordon(14.4)
    Levert(18.7) -
    Tauren Prince(12.1 6.0 RPG -
    Covington 12.4 6.6 RPG
    Jarrett Allen 11.1 9.6 RPG

Thats looks like a pretty smooth lineup just by keeping Westbrook. Diwiddle can let Russ rest more. Russ could lead that team pretty far. Just saying.

12. riko

riko Member

When was the last time Russ led a team to the second round without KD or Harden? Just saying?

He got bounced out by Lillard and Mitchell with Paul George and Steven Adams so with Dimwiddie all of a sudden he will lead this team far? Lol what? That’s as funny as bringing back Jeremy lin idea. They both make the same amount of sense which is not much

13. HardenVolumeOne

bruh harden is gonna be the best player on that nets team, durant is a cripple and kyrie is not better than harden

UTSA2step likes this.
  14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Propaganda. The vultures are all around us.

Corrosion, ClutchLatina and treyk3 like this.
  15. Le$$

Le$$ Member

When did Harden or KD? lol These aint the only great players in the world forever there are younger players coming up bro.

16. riko

riko Member

Harden has only been bounced out of the first round twice in 8 years numbnuts. He has made it to the conference finals twice and the semis 3 times.

People Bash Harden in the playoffs but he looks like Jordan compared to russ and has taken his teams way deeper. The question stands on what evidence are you basing the assumption Russ takes his team deep in the playoffs as the main man?

Nook likes this.
  17. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

What , if any are the protections on the pick swaps with OKC ? I know the owed picks are top 3 protected , are the swaps the same?

18. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Much rather see the Rockets make a deal to get Durant here to play with Harden than send Harden there to play with Durant.

19. Le$$

Le$$ Member

No you said with out another star on the team. Were not talking about his team up with Paul, and Howard. He got pased Okc with russ just cause he had a slight better roster.

20. riko

riko Member

Harden took a pretty bad roster of Beverley and other scrubs past Russ in 017 when Russ had Oladipo and Adams in his prime.

Russ couldn’t get past Mitchell or Lillard with Adams and George .. just stop it. There is no evidence of Russ ever taking a team anywhere as the main guy. Just stop it.
    Plus you turned into a Harden and KD comparison.
    Show me some evidence of a Russ led team passing out of the first round ? That’s tmac bad.. Instead of making stuff up actually think