1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden Nets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sirjesse, Nov 14, 2020.

1. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

As many young pieces as Brooklyn can offer, I don't think you trade James to a team that cannot guarantee a #1 or #2 pick in the coming draft, which would leave it at Minnesota and Golden State. I would prefer the #1 and think Minnesota probably has more to offer here, so that would be my immediate preference - a #1 pick + solid pieces which include a mix of established and young players.

J Sizzle likes this.
  2. RocketsSZN

RocketsSZN Member

I know Scoop B isn’t exactly reliable, but he’s been tweeting about the Sixers making a big move, and he tweeted 5, I’m just speculating but Simmons, Thybulle Richardson and 5 picks for Harden?

D-rock and BigShasta like this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

James Harden is intrigued by the possibility of reuniting with Kevin Durant in Brooklyn, a league source familiar with Harden’s thinking told SI. While there have been no substantive discussions between the Nets and Rockets about a trade, Houston is evaluating its options moving forward, per sources.

They've publicly signaled a commitment to keeping the core of the roster intact.

However, league-wide there is a strong belief that Houston has plateaued.

The Nets have engaged multiple teams in trade talks in recent weeks, team and league sources told SI. With Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving expected to return when the season opens next month, Brooklyn will be a championship contender, and the team has looked to surround its two stars with a strong supporting cast. The Nets are among the teams looking at Jrue Holiday, the Pelicans guard who is being shopped by New Orleans.

Brooklyn has the ability to make Houston a strong offer. On Saturday, SI’s Clippers reporter Farbod Esnaashari reported that the Nets had engaged the Rockets, citing Spencer Dinwiddie, Caris LeVert, Taurean Prince, and Jarrett Allen as potential trade chips. Dinwiddie and LeVert, rising young guards, would be especially appealing, while Allen is a rim protecting center.

sirjesse and D-rock like this.
  4. Caprah

Caprah Member

Damn so the trade option is officially on..

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Scoop B is not an insider and knows nothing.

Deckard, D-rock, mikol13 and 2 others like this.
  6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Maybe he just finished five bags of doritos in a record time.

D-rock, RocketsSZN and J.R. like this.
  7. RocketsSZN

RocketsSZN Member

Yeah I said he wasn’t reliable lol

D-rock and Vivi like this.
  8. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

They're really gonna try and gaslight the Rockets into thinking a 26 year old Caris LeVert and 27 year old Dinwiddie are 'rising young guards'

9. Vivi

Vivi Member

No worries bro, jk, i posted some of his stuff too ;)

RocketsSZN and D-rock like this.
  10. Vivi

Vivi Member

This lol.

saleem and D-rock like this.
  11. kentuckyalum

kentuckyalum Member

I'm good with moving Harden & Russ, but it's gotta be for picks. No sense in getting a bunch of good players (Dinwiddie, LeVert, etc.) when you'll never be quite good enough to win with them anyway.

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Our picks are only 1-4 protected, only if we are really really bad can we get those.

13. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

People hate on brabra but scoop B is the guy who literally throws **** on a wall and hopes something sticks(and it never does).

saleem and D-rock like this.
  14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Not even worth considering. Dinwiddie and LeVert have had major injuries and they want our ironman Harden. Obviously, they are calling. It seems Stone has declined their offer, for the time being. The report wouldn't have mention Jrue Holiday as a potential interest, if the deal was complete ala Schroeder to the Lakers. How much, if any is coming from Harden is the real question. If Philly is offering Simmons, it should be turned down too. He missed the playoffs with a knee injury. Keep Harden and Russ even if they're mad, the offers are extremely anemic. The vultures are circling and will continue to do so. Silas and co can do a good job. Once the team gets going, Harden and Russ might buy into the system. It's all up to TF/ PF and the rest of his family.

Shark44 likes this.
  15. ksny15

ksny15 Member

They are both Twitter clowns.

D-rock likes this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Nets can shove that trade up their arse with a machete.

Dacamel, Deckard, Rock Block and 3 others like this.
  17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I keep saying how weird this sh*t is. All the fabricated news in the media is something I have never seen in sports journalism. Even Woj is retweeting his own people saying that is not what's happening.

Patrick Fertito and Stone better not bite because the media is on some silly stuff right now.

D-rock likes this.
  18. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

The Rockets need to shut down all trade talks for now and give Stephen Silas a fair opportunity to win Harden and Westbrook over. I think both will be surprised how much they like Silas if they give him a chance. If Westbrook wasn’t best friends with Harden, I’d be all for trading him. However, you don’t want to frustrate Harden even more, so let Silas figure out to how make it work.

Harden has two years left on his contract and a player option for $47 million in the 2022-2023 season when he will be 33 years old. The Rockets have no reason to move him right now.

#298 DVauthrin, Nov 15, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
    JoeBarelyCares, Dacamel and saleem like this.
  19. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

Haven't read through the whole thread, but agreed that this trade is atrocious and I might be done with the Rockets for awhile if they made it just to save myself the frustration.

Getting some decent young players who are overpaid or about to hit free agency to win 35 or so games and finish 10th in the West is pointless.

If we move on from Harden (which I don't think we should contemplate until after the season) it needs to be for almost every draft asset a team has and a full tear down to be Sixers process bad next year and keep our pick or mayyyyyyybe to pick up a combo of draft assets and get a young player with all NBA potential who is locked up for several years and other young players with potential who have a few more years on their rookie deals (i.e. to the Sixers for Simmons and Thybulle).

20. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

If we lose Springer, Harden, and Watt im 6 months or less... I may need to resort to drinking more rum.