1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden media flip

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RoyalGuard, Jan 17, 2021.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Hardens bad games on a team with 2 superstars is still going to be good. Hardens 20pt 7ast games with the Rockets were L's or barely winnable. I think he will still be praised because Hardens bad games are still better than anything anyone has seen over there.

2. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Thats why he really wanted to leave. He Knows that behind the scenes the media is driving the money making machine. Harden in New York makes the NBA more Money than in Houston. For us in Htown Brooklyn will win the top soap opera in shorts award featuring selfish play and the me first movement. Believe me we are better off. Our time will come.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Harden has some historically bad games.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I agree but a lot of that will be mitigated by a win and 2 other superstars. plus i think NY media hates Kyrie more.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

they'll blame the elimination on KD

there's safety in numbers

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

these were Steph’s numbers in games 1-3 of our 2019 series

game 1: 18 points on 5-12 shooting

game 2: 20 points on 6-16 shooting

game 3: 17 points on 7-23 shooting

these would all be classified as disappearing acts or choke jobs for Harden, but were easily overlooked for Steph as his team was stacked enough to win 2 out of the 3 games even tho he was playing atrociously with KD carrying him dropping 29, 35, and 46 in those games

now Harden may finally get that luxury

D-rock, BigM, Wulaw Horn and 12 others like this.
  9. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Trust me, no one is going to give a F about the Rockets for a while. All that bad press is gone, congrats!

D-rock and DaDakota like this.
  10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You just can't help yourself.:)

harold bingo likes this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Mic drop.

12. JD88

JD88 Member

Texas.

13. fchowd0311

Look at their career playoff efficiency numbers and Curry ***** on Harden in efg% and ts% even before KD joined the team. Curry also is a very easy player to pair up with another ball dominant superstar.

14. topfive

topfive CF OG

True in that it's not the city itself (thought Sports Illustrated once dubbed it a "sprawling, crawling, ugly city").

I think it began with Morey's public persona rubbing some the wrong way, combined with the analytics-heavy approach that automatically alienates half the sports media. Then JLin showed up, and he was hated by at least half the NBA fan base as well. Add Harden to the mix, with his foul baiting ways (especially in the early days) and things got worse. Once MDA joined and allowed Harden to dominate the ball so drastically (although it was often our best approach) and the **** really hit the fan. The more we defended Harden (because we were the ones actually watching him play night after night), the more the media piled on.

So it wasn't the city as much as it was the team itself. And the Astros "scandal" certainly didn't help.

15. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

It's pretty funny Harden videos on youtube usually don't get many views.

I checked his debut video on the Nets this morning and it already has 2.2mil views. If the Nets thing works out, Harden is about to hailed as an all-time great suddenly by the general consensus. This just tells me ppl hate Houston.

D-rock and DonKnock like this.
  16. fchowd0311

Man we really do suffer from a victim complex. It's kinda pathetic.

Dayop likes this.
  17. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

DWade please go away. Nobdy cares about you anymore bro. Gabi, get your man..

s3ts likes this.
  18. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Sure that's part of it but I think a lot is just psychology. Most teams that aren't in the major media markets think the media is biased against them. Bucks, Raptors, Magic fans whine about the media all the time too. We're just conditioned to over notice the negative and ignore the positive. If one reporter hates you and another loves you, you give all attention to the hater.

topfive likes this.
  19. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Just wait. Y'all watched how clutchfans handled losses, wait until he has a turnover in a big moment and they start putting the L's on him again. 1.5 years maximum. If he doesn't win the chip this year he'll be crowned the only guy who couldn't win with KD, blahblahblah. Just wait.

20. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Chris Paul showed up in Houston and we beat the full strength KD Warriors in GS in game one. The Nets squeaked out a win vs a Magic team that the sandbagging Rockets blew the doors off of.