1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden left Brooklyn and stayed in Houston until a deal got made

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mac_got_this, Feb 12, 2022.

1. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

Thought Kimbo was dead.

Roscoe Arbuckle likes this.
  2. T for 3

T for 3 Member

The people on here that were calling Harden out for years based on his poor mentality and lack of heart continue to be vindicated. Night in, and night out. Harden is a quitting stat-padder. He always has and always will be. The rest of the league knows it too. That's why we see other top players clown him. So much for the championships I was guaranteed by some that he would have in Brooklyn.

3. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Exactly. So sad to see so many delusional people here still hanging on to his nut sack and defending everything he does. I feel as if they might have some personal attachment.

T for 3 likes this.
  4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Yea it's his fault kd is always Injured and irving decides to b anti vax and play part time.

Just like it's hardens fault cp3 went down with a hammy and he couldn't beat curry klay Thompson and the gsw by himself.

U folks just like to btch on the man regardless.

Only time I saw critcism was warranted was the spurs series.

Haters like to push the quitter bs. If he was a quitter he wouldn't have played during playoff on an Injured hammy.

He does that sht and next season he has Irving refused to get vaccinated and play fking part time.

We have sht posters on here moaning and complaining

5. foh

foh Member

You are forgetting the Morey connection I think and the fact that Brooklyn/NYC is expensive to live in while supporting the type of lifestyle Harden is used to. For all the faults of Harden's, he seems to genuinely be loyal to the people he started out with in his career/life. You have the OKC connection and you have the Morey connection. I don't see Harden quitting on Morey and I don't think his heart is any less than Simmon's heart.

In that sense, I think Sixers are in good shape.

Edit: some of my response is towards other posters here. I just thought you made good points and wanted to add to them!

6. Salvy

Salvy Member

"But but Durant was injured and Irving is not playing full time so its not Harden's fault", What a pitiful sad excuse and justification for whom the same people saying this consider Harden to be one of the best players in the league and a stud in the playoffs.

Not every single player has to play with Durant and Irving, imagine if every player in the league had this entitled mentality. Green would be requesting a trade to Brooklyn, so would Paul and Giannis... Curry should quit on GSW because he does not have two super stars next to him. F it, the league should only be two teams so everyone gets to participate with Durant and or LeBron alongside other super stars.

Injuries are part of the game, quitting on a team because of them are part of self entitlement. Yeah, Harden has won enough rings in his career to not waste his time on a team that wont result in a finals appearance every year. I have more respect for a player who never won a ring but never quit than a player who bounced around the league over and over again looking for that super star that will propel him to new heights.

Harden has failed with

Howard
    CP3
    J Lin
    Durant x 2
    Westbrook x 2
    Irving

Yet he is still for some regarded as someone who has never had help, he has always had help. What he has never had is a playoff series where he came out on top. Sooner or later the truth has to begin hitting some of the Harden enthusiast's who blame everything else other than Harden....

joshuaao, Jontro, RKREBORN and 2 others like this.
  7. T for 3

T for 3 Member

No, none of that is his fault. That's not my point.

The point is, he ended up being in a tough situation over there with the injuries and Kyrie, but instead of trying to push through and make the best of the situation, he forced his way out. Just like how he forced his way out of here when things got tough.

I realize it is unfortunate that he wasn't able to play with the team with everyone healthy, but he bailed out. After what, 13 months?

That's a quitter if I've ever seen one. Like I said, it's not just the "haters" on this board, it's his reputation around the league, too. Did you watch the all star selection show?

#87 T for 3, Feb 12, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2022
  8. foh

foh Member

lol. LeBron and KD have both been part of 3 teams by now. it's ironic if they feel like they are better than harden as far as loyalty goes.

9. Juxtaposed Jolt

Why is everyone acting like Harden is quitting on the Nets after like, 10 games or something? It's been two regular seasons of the same thing - KD being hurt, Kyrie turning up the eccentricity to the max and the Nets roster looking like hot trash...even more so, since Harris is out.

How are you supposed to push through and make the best of the situation? KD was injured last season and he's also injured this season. Kyrie was injured a bit last season and also took sabbaticals. This season, he doesn't want to get vaxxed despite the fact that it would help BKN. Clearly, basketball is not as important to him as it is to every other NBA player.

But sure. Try to carry Blake and LMA's corpses while playing with a questionable hamstring while waiting for KD's MCL to mend up and hope that NY relaxes its covid mandates and policies so that Kyrie can come back. Seems smart.

Harden can't magically heal KD and give him a new MCL nor heal Harris and give him a new ankle. Harden can't change Irving's mind about the vaxx...and even if he could, it's too late. Harden can't magically make the Nets roster good.

Throughout Harden's time as a Net and even though he's been injured for some parts, he's been the most durable consistent player. He's had to carry the Nets, and he's still met with "regular season doesn't matter. you're going to be trash in the playoffs. good thing you have KD and Kyrie to save you in the postseason."

Lastly, "forcing his way out of Houston." Hi, hello. Have you seen the state of the Rockets? It's been two seasons, the Rockets still suck and Stone has shown no propensity to even come close to Morey as a GM. I guarantee you, more players want to quit on this team - they just don't have the clout to do so, and it would hurt their reputation if they publicly wanted out.

luckyman76, Reeko and clos4life like this.
  10. kubli9

kubli9 Member
    Supporting Member

James was the best thing to happen to the Rockets since Hakeem, then Tilman and the haters ran him off.

11. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Harden potentially screwed us demanding this trade because with Ben Simmons, Nets will be a lot better than Harden just leaving for nothing in the off-season.

mikenm268 likes this.
  12. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Ben Simmons hasn’t played all year. Kyrie only plays road games and Durant is one tweek of the knee from being out for the year.

clos4life likes this.
  13. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

JLin?????

BWAHAHAHa!!!!!!!!!

14. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

By the Time Harden asked for a trade, D’Antoni quit, Morey wanted to spend time with his Family, Tad Brown resigned, Westbrook asked for a trade, Tucker would do the same after Harden, so the band was breaking up. All of these guys are still in the NBA just not in Houston.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Simmons taking his time to ramp up his Nets career is music to my ears.

foh and clos4life like this.
  16. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Some of you guys are just going to make excuses for Harden no matter what. Literally everyone in the league has the same take. He found his way out of another team because "oh poor me, the situation isn't right for me, boo hoo". You are acting as if that was the only thing he could have done, and that anyone would do it in his situation. He's a malcontent who finds problems with every star he plays with, and the second he decides he doesn't want to be somewhere he holds the rest of the team hostage until he gets traded. The reports out of Brooklyn were that everyone was exhausted by the whole thing and that's why they got the deal done. It's Harden's MO, and he gets rightly clowned for it, by EVERYONE.

Rock Block and J.R. like this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

I rolled my eyes when I read that too.

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

jerry lin has failed with hardon

19. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Those Brooklyn picks are looking real nice.

luckyman76 and D-rock like this.
  20. foh

foh Member

As long as Embiid is looking forward to playing with Harden and as long as Teams like Nets are trading tons of picks for the guy & KD/Kyrie are showing respect, your take seems off. The digs from opposing teams players and commentators is really what you consider "everyone"?

Did you see Embiid's trolling of Simmons that garnered 450K+ likes on twitter? That's probably closer to someone being clowned on than whatever it is that you are referring to.