1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden is simply not a leader and never will be

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Jan 15, 2020.

1. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

You guys always name people who had way better teams, its just so convienent. You idiots even named CP3 who had a better team than Harden and managed to do worse before he got to Houston LMAO. Do you ever get sick of yourself?

Rocket River and hakeem94 like this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Dude, you seriously think that Harden plays with the same on court intensity as those players I mentioned?

These players give it there all in other facets of the game and not just face up iso scoring.

Harden is just a superior Melo. That is the "leadership" style Harden has as in scoring is the only thing he leads his team with.

3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

What youre talking about is physical ability not leadership ass hole lol

4. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

So why did Lebron ever get beat by GSW if he is such a good leader. Why did he have to leave the Cavs twice if he's the great leader. The only reason to leave would be to field a new team BECAUSE YOU GUESSED IT! HE KNEW HE DIDNT HAVE ENOUGH TALENT WHERE HE WAS. Its like talking to brick walls.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. fchowd0311

Standing at the other side of the court when the opposing team is running fast break giving no effort in transition defense is a lack of effort not physical ability. Harden is a proffesional athlete. He can at worst attempt to play transition d and run.

Transition d is just a small part of the myriad of examples of Harden not playing with the same intensity as those other players. Any aspect of defense where Harden needs to move his feet he is utterly hopeless.

Any part of basketball where the ball isn't in his hand, he is hopelessly pathetic.

6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

blah blah blah your standing there comment has been debunk in numerous articles its part of the Rockets gameplan. Harden stood there when we were the #1 seed in 2018. I wonder WTF the difference is. COULD IT BE THAT WE HAD MORE TALENT THEN.

7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Please tell me I can block you im actually tired of your **** and I never block anyone.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

How do you block a person?

9. realonemo

realonemo Member

Lebron every f#cking year:
    We don't have enough help. We are top heavy. I need help.

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  10. fchowd0311

Yes, we had a genuine alpha who held others accountable. Harden definitely moved and didn't just stand around near the half court on a consistent basis any time he didn't have the ball in 2018. That started as a regular routine of Harden's in his 36 ppg season last year and CP3 called him out for it which is part of why Harden had a grudge with CP3's leadership style. Every year he is proggresively becoming more stationary.

Harden also before the past two seasons dominated the ball more similarly to how CP3 dominates the ball in that he would often move with the basketball in halfcourt sets trying to probe the defense which forced his teammates to move in sync off ball with him. Now, he constantly on almost every possession where he dominates the ball just stands and dribble on one spot of the court while 4 other guys just stand.

Harden coincidentally was in the best shape of his life in the 2017-2018 season and it showed in his defensive effort. That season was easily his best defensive season.

ksny15 likes this.
  11. omgTHEpotential

[​IMG]

realonemo likes this.
  12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I just want to also point out that the great leader lebron didnt evne make the playoffs last year lol but ok

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. ksny15

ksny15 Member

This post is 100% on the money

14. fchowd0311

If you have to ask, it shows me you care more about making it a spectacle than genuinely wanting to block me because it's a very simple process.

Keep in mind how sad this is. Not once have I personally insulted you. You have made personal insults towards me and you are the one threatening to block me. So triggered by difference in opinion.

Out of all my years posting here, with all the differences in opinion I only had to block one person because they said my ethnic heritage means I couldn't be trusted in the US military. Never would I block someone for a difference in opinion.

#374 fchowd0311, Jan 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
    hakeem94 likes this.
  15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I asked because I couldnt find the block button you idiot lol jesus. Do you have logical fails on everything?

16. HP3

HP3 Member

Man......how is anyone supposed to take you seriously when you say stuff like this?

SF3isBack!! and hakeem94 like this.
  17. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Thats great and all but he's talking about physical ability not leadership. Harden is getting older. Harden has to play more minutes and do more scoring which makes him more tired BECAUSE WE HAVE A LESS TALENTED TEAM. christ. Why do you think he scores less in B2Bs??

18. fchowd0311

Melo in his prime is one of the most gifted scorers of all time. I'm saying he's a superior Melo and has a similar leadership style as Melo as in he doesn't really have a style besides caring about putting up big scoring numbers.

Teammates looked up to Kobe, LeBron, Wade and Jordan for motivation on the defensive end. They saw their superstar dive for blocks, chase down offensive players etc. That can motivate role players.

You don't count on Melo and Harden to motivate players to up their hustle. That's not what they do.

Players like Jordan embraced the role of superstar scorer along with the junk yard bull dog roles that guys like PJ Tucker fills for this team. They did both.

19. realonemo

realonemo Member

Even if he does those things they are not winning squat until they have consistent production from others not named Westbrook.

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  20. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

To compare I want to take last year for Lebron into account. People were saying Lebron wasnt playing defense last year. Is it just a coincidence that he had a shittier team and HAD TO ****ING DO MORE.

hakeem94 likes this.