1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden is overrated

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sydeffect, Apr 18, 2013.

1. timyeung

timyeung Member

At least in this game Harden just missed 0/3 Isos instead of turning the ball over twice at the end in the last game.

2. dmoneybangbang

Yep. Any questions? Comments? Or concerns?

3. dxdx

dxdx Member

uh dribbling for 7/8 of the remaining minute and chucking it at the last moment isn't exactly controlling the game clock.

4. Bruin2012

Bruin2012 Member

Yes Harden was good in the 1st half of the season, but look at his numbers since march.

March: 5.7-14.6 .389%
    April: 7.5-19.3 .390%
    Playoffs: 7-19.3 .363%...4-25 16% on 3pts this series...

in April he averaged 5.1 T/Os per game...in these playoffs he is averaging 5 TOs a game also...

these are just the pure numbers...Going from an eye test you can also tell there is so much less ball movement as a result of what he does at points in the game...I am not sure how any of that is "efficient" or winning basketball...

Granted he has been playing hobbled...

5. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

if Chandler Parsons had so much opportunities like harden to play iso and freedom he would be an allstar...

6. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

Can you imagine if we had Curry instead of Harden this series.

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Can you imagine if we had Lebron instead of Greg Smith?

8. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Curry is great but I will take Harden over Curry for the next 7 years or so.

9. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Thabo is probably the best 2 guard defender in the NBA. Plus, he already knows Harden's game.

10. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

OKC is doing a good job of setting the defense so the help is there if Harden beats his man. There sees to always be a well-formed triangle behind his defender. One on one hero ball won't cut it. OKC has game planned for that.

Harden has to move when he is off ball since the defenders are eying him. He needs to get the ball on the move then attack the rim or move the ball without 10 dribbles. Stop letting the defense set.

11. pass_to_Hakeem

Dude's prob just tired from carrying the team into the playoffs!!!!

12. ksny15

ksny15 Member

14th pick on the draft average year after year < James Harden leading is to playoffs even if we lose in round 1

13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

It didn't have to be. With his style of ISO and running down the clock play, he needs to be EFFICIENT. He sure carried us in the 1st half of the season but I would said he wasn't that big of a factor overall through the latter of the 2nd half. Should have rested him more or at least whenever he is struggling.

14. Rocket Booster

This thread has definitely outed all of the people here that are Harden Only Fans.

15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, but Harden hasn't been trying the same thing over and over.

Going back to the Laker's game Harden was too unselfish and was trying pass and ended up turning the ball over instead of taking the shot himself.

The first time this game he missed a three.

The next time he missed a 19 foot pull up shot.

I think every single one of those was a bad decision on his part. Some were worse decisions than others, but at least he didn't just do the same thing over and over. That gives me hope that he's trying different things, and trying to something to fix his problems.

It makes sense Harden is making his mistakes at the end of important games. It's the situation that's new for him. When an important game is on the line, he's never been the go-to guy for a team. Now he is.

What I'd like is at the end of games for somebody to set a pick for Harden with about 8 seconds left in the shot clock. Or depending on who's defending him, let Harden create for himself like he's been doing. But 8 times out of 10 I'd like the creation to be something going to the basket, not a three, and not a pull up 19 footer unless he's been hot all game especially towards the end.

Nobody on this team is going to be able to handle the ball and get their own shot at the end of games except possibly Lin, or Beverly. Their chances of hitting the basket, I'd say is less than Harden's.

16. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

We would have been blown out 3 times and probably won today by 10.

17. edlkf

edlkf Contributing Member

Can you imagine if we had Brian Scalabrine instead of Parsons?

18. Karolik

Karolik Member

We would've won games 2 and 3 easily.

Did you even bother to look at the numbers Stephen Curry is putting up this postseason?

19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Steph Curry is not as good as Harden. He has more personal offense, but he doesn't get his teammates involved the same way. Our team would be worse if we substituted Curry for Harden.

We wouldn't even have been in the playoffs to begin with.

20. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

Pretty sure Curry is avging like 7assists per game in the postseason...