1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden is a GREAT Player but....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballgame, Jan 31, 2021.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I don't disagree with you, I think it'll be interesting to see where the team goes. I mean even with the small sample of games it's a lot better than I expected.

I just meant that right now as constructed I don't see a chip atm but a big move and this rebuild could be fast. Also, if I'm wrong and they win it I'll be happy, haha. I'm not a fan that is pessimistic or something and have rooted for the team in the bad times and good times, and will continue to do so (no bandwagon jumping/moving here).

And Definitely wasn't trying to hate on your views or something. I'd rather have discussions like this or a mix than just straight up posters that show up when the team loses... And then celebrates with a "told you so!" - it's like.. aren't we all supporting the same team?? Haha

Rocket River likes this.
  2. topfive

topfive CF OG

As I was saying...

CF is nothing if not predictable.

Cstyle42, lakersuck2, Reeko and 2 others like this.
  3. riko

riko Member

No he saw the writing on the “ Wall “... why waste your last 3 or 4 years of prime

Jontro likes this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

this thread is a huge fail...6 game win streak against trash competition had y’all gassed

Harden was spot on

the only mistake Harden ever made when evaluating talent was being in favor of Russ over CP3, but so was 76% of CF in a poll that had almost 1000 votes

cbs1507 and SamFisher like this.
  5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Harden would have been spot on if he just said the players aren't dependable or at a state where they could consistently compete. That would have been spot on. Saying they weren't good was just a bad take. If Wood is there this team wins a lot more games. The competition is still trash in the games they are currently losing BTW.

6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Harden wanted out and said what he had to say to get traded. He knew there was no going back after saying it but he was pretty damn close to being spot on. The best players on the squad are either hurt or can’t play back to backs. The rest are hit or miss role players. Funny thing is he’s running into similar issues on a more talented squad in Brooklyn.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

this is what Harden said

“We’re not even close, honestly, to that team – obviously the defending champions – and to all the other elite teams out there“

that is spot on

saying the players aren’t dependable sounds just as bad as saying that they’re not good enough, and them not being good enough is simply just a fact

the competition still being trash, and the Rockets getting dusted every night regardless shows just how bad this team truly is...with Wood, they would struggle to be a .500 team...without him, they are in the Wolves/Wizards tier

cbs1507 likes this.
  8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Saying they aren't dependable due to coming back from not playing in 1 to 2 years and missing games is not disrespectful it's just the situation your key players are in. Saying we are no where close is a bigger indictment on him then it is if he just said his supporting players would be good enough if they were available and 100 percent healthy. To me it's not one or the other in full. This team is not ready for more than one specific reason and to say the Lakers and other elite teams lol who are the others? To me this downgraded Harden as individual player more than it did to the others.

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Dude, this team lacks talent, plain and simple. They would be good enough for the 4th or 5th seed if Harden had stayed here, was engaged, and the team enjoyed good health. That’s it. They would not have been contenders. Without him, we see where they’re at. 14th in the West despite 1 of the easiest schedules in the league.

No, it’s an indictment on the team. Even Bron needs AD to be in contention for a title, but Harden is supposed to stay in Houston slumming it with washed Boogie, John Wall, Wood, and a bunch of low talent role players.

It’s not just the Lakers. They wouldn’t beat the Clippers either, and they would struggle to beat several of the other WC playoff teams like we saw last year with OKC.

This team’s ceiling with Harden was a mid-seed playoff team and a 2nd round exit. Without Harden, this team’s ceiling is the 8th seed and 1st round beating, and their floor is bottom of the West, but that downgrades Harden as a player. Lol, ok. Harden will likely finish with the 3 best games of any Rockets player this season, and he only played in 8 games with the team this year while showing up late, fat, and giving no fcks. That says a lot about the rest of the team he was surrounded with.

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

He said WE aren't good enough. Not They. That includes himself. Maybe he just wants to coast with other all stars