1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden is a GREAT Player but....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballgame, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

You think Portland, Utah, and Denver are that much better? Have you even watched a game this season? We have 4 players averaging over 17 points. We're a well coached team that is playing TEN deep without even adding Porter Jr. yet to the rotation. Wood is a bonafide superstar and John Wall is so underrated on this board it's comical.

jdjd likes this.
  2. icewill36

icewill36 Member

No we could not.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Careful, I smell an incitement to violence coming.

HP3 likes this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Josh Smith
    Joe Johnson
    Austin Rivers
    Kenneth Faried

They all say you are Fvcking wrong.

Stop talking out of your ass.

jiggyfly likes this.
  5. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Jeff Green

D-rock likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Demarre Carroll too.

That poster is an ignoramus and just talks out of his ass.

7. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I think point is baseless, but, I don't think we will be a FA destination until we are a top team again. Buyouts make their decision not on the franchise, but on the standings.

I can't believe I'm excited about this team. It will be a real let down if we lose one of these next two games. Really wish that SAC would have beaten the HEAT. If we do have a better record than the Heat at the deadline, that first rounder for Oladipo will really give me mixed feelings.

It weird, we really don't know what we have in this team just yet, but this soft schedule came at the perfect time. I can't remember the Rockets have a easy early schedule in a very long time.

8. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

How does rebuild guarantee a title? Lottery picks are exactly what it is, Lottery! There have been more mediocre and busts than superstars with top picks. What are the chances of landing a superstar for the future via trade or any big-name free-agent wanting to play for the Rockets? There have been more teams that started rebuilding many years ago and are still rebuilding with top picks and still struggling to even make the playoffs. Comparatively, the Rockets have done far better. Point is to enjoy the process rather than being a know-it-all because simply said you just do not know what the future holds.

joshuaao, JayGoogle and jdjd like this.
  9. ballgame

ballgame Member

I think this team is better than people think.....as constructed a 4-5 seed, with another PERFECT move upper tier.

10. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Harden is a GREAT Player but....
    ...he is no longer a Rocket. This should belong to the Jerry Lin threads.

11. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Lol what does this have to do with buyout?

Dumping first rounders and second rounders to acquire guys like Shumpert only makes sense in the pocket book. We coulda taken back extra salary in all the trades we made but we refused. We let all our player exceptions expire.

Drummond went for a second round pick. We easily coulda got him last year but we choose not to cuz our Owner wants to save money.

We don't use our bird rights to resign any player to reduce payroll when all these guys coulda been resign just to help facilitate new trades.

Like what in the world was with NeNe super incentive contract? Why did Shumpert get soo pissed we backed out of a deal? Like it's obvious to everyone but you and you are trying to educate me! Cmon.....

HP3 likes this.
  12. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I think kind of sums it up. After Chris Paul's hamstring, the Rockets of the past 2 seasons were underachievers. Of course, they were still a much better team than the one we currently have in terms of accumulating wins, and I wouldn't trade that for anything. But I'm not going to lie that it was pretty fricking nerve-racking to just watch them go through the motions and plod along without any detectable sense of urgency. Maybe we were all a little overly-invested in a team that wasn't really showing signs of being a true contender after that 2017-2018 season. Ultimately, it culminated with the desperate "hail mary" trade for Covington that was always a long shot. We should have probably known then that it was over.

It's definitely been refreshing watching a team play better than (or as good as) you are expecting them to play. I almost forgot what that's like.

#92 DCkid, Feb 1, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
    subtomic likes this.
  13. HP3

HP3 Member

Oh were def a contender in 2018-2019. Def....we needed a few more tweaks(thanks Tillman) and that Chip was ours.

14. HP3

HP3 Member

Portland Utah and Denver are better. They have the two best players between us on their squad. Jokic just scored 47 yesterday, did he not? Now...the Suns, you may have something there. The Warroirs?.......Ehh i wouldnt bet against Steph and Draymond. The Grizzlies, we can take.

So we are around a 7th-8th seeded team I believe, that is our ceiling.

15. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Yes, we were if going by the dictionary definition. But were we really? In reality, the team couldn't even beat a Durant-less Warriors.

HP3 likes this.
  16. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea we really were. Every single game of that series was close. Think about it this way, we lost game 6 without Kawhi right? If we were to reset that series without Kawhi....do they beat us? The answer is no. It was one game where their team rallied and our defense killed us like it had all series. Also Chris Paul....well not being Chris Paul enough.

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I agree. As much as people bag on Harden's defense, he has more defensive utility than Kyrie. That team lost their defensive anchors, in essence.

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Exactly.

Which player will they turn on and blame?

Wall?

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

But do you think Utah and Denver are better than the Rockets currently is the real question, I mean we 5 guys averaging 17 ppg or something like that.

Wood is also a superstar in case you had not noticed.

20. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Nothing guarantees a title, all you can do is maximize your chances. Currently, the only hope is one or two of those nets picks are top 3 and we get a star. Hoping to go .500 and be first round fodder is irrelevant to me, the plan should be to try to build something for the future.