1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden induced coma

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by aussie rocket, Mar 16, 2016.

1. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

MEDIA CONSPIRACY MEDIA CONSPIRACY MEDIA CONSPIRACY!!!

Don't fall for the ESPN propaganda machine against Harden's D, he has singlehandedly kept the Rockets in the game tonight with his defensive acumen and leadership. That play is an outlier--that is if it wasn't photoshopped. Hey, that's it, that's the ticket. ESPN photoshopped that video. Damn media propagandists

3. jk103

jk103 Member

I understand sometimes guys get caught ball-watching, but man, that's a freaking inbounds play. What's he waching? They've got Rivers coming up off a pin down to get the ball in play. That's it. They're not even running a play to get a shot and Harden gives up a layup.

4. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Like I said in game thread, Harden is a double negative on the court far too often with his TOs and horrible defense. His scoring hasn't been able to make up for it this year. I hope ESPN keeps roasting him along with any other news outlet. He deserves it.

5. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

A double negative either cancels itself out or is a positive.

1 person likes this.
  6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

The players suck around Harden. He is surrounded by trash. The end.

Not excusing this or any other bs defensive lapse, but this the meat of the issue.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe Harden needs to take Adderall.

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

So the whole team of players sucks around Harden? Or is it a team with an aloof, not give a damn about anything but his numbers all-star guard leading a team of solid players into a first round exit? I don't think an entire team of players suddenly forgot how to play. More likely it's Harden's attitude and lack of consistent effort and leadership that are destroying the team. Nobody gives a damn because their best player doesnt give a damn.

9. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

You know what I'm trying to say smarty. Not talking about English class here. Bad defense and high TOs a two major negatives that will negatively cancel out Harden's high scoring.

10. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Someone needs to throw a bottle of A1 at him to light a fire up his Trolli gummy worms

11. abaker28

abaker28 Member

No doubt that is inexcusable and poor defence.
    But the media jump in any lapses in Harden's D because it's 'cool' or the 'in thing'.
    No mention anywhere about his stats since the All Star break - but that's not cool because everyone's loving on Curry.
    I just hope it fires Harden up even more.

12. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

I feel like I have read this EXACT post before.

13. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly this. I wouldn't be surprised if Harden walks away from this year satisfied because his scoring is up. He probably thinks he's doing his job this year because he's averaging 29 ppg. The guy gives the impression of being stupidly out of touch.

14. BackdoorHarden

PHOTOSHOPPED VIDEO!!!

WE ALL KNOW HARDEN IS A SHUT DOWN DEFENDER

Harden is such a great defender, he's often defending 2 to 3 players on every play!!!!

I'm sick of you stupid fan and media not understanding how hard it is to guard 2 to 3 players, of course one of those 2 guys will slip by.

JEEEEZ. SICK OF Y'ALL

Harden is still MVP
    Howard is still champion

15. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Harden gives up too many free points with his defensive plays off and turnovers.

16. amaru

amaru Member

The team around Harden does suck.

Not many of those guys would get consistent minutes on the top teams in the league.

17. Cypress

Cypress Member

This man speak the truth:p

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Give Harden one more year...or else he is just a talented bum with a beard.

19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Howard and Ariza could play on any team. What are you talking about? It's mostly the same team as last season. Beverley starts and plays because Harden wants the ball every time down. It's the only reason Beverley is in the league as a starter.

Harden doesn't even know how to play without the ball anymore. He's useless without the ball. He's also useless on defense. He's useless as a leader. He's like freaking Mark Aguirre. Just a guy filling it up that doesn't know how to lead and really doesn't care either way. How the hell do you explain the inability to play defense all of a sudden this year? They gave up a fast break layup off a made basket the other night. That's really hard to do. WTF?

#19 CometsWin, Mar 17, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  20. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

It's just about gotten to the point where I'm going to make a Stephen Curry defense retaliation video and smear it accross youtube