1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden: "I love Houston and will do anything in my power to bring a championship here"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, May 2, 2016.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

He needs to shave.

2. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I can't believe Riley didn't let Lebron's family participate in the practices. Why would you alienate a star player you worked so hard to acquire. Morey would allow Harden to have strippers pole dancing at the practices if it would help make him a better all around player.

3. edwardc

edwardc Member

Play some defense for a change hustle on every play if you want to do something.

4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Sounds great, but actions speak louder than hot air.

Truth be told... Harden still has opportunity to grow, and I haven't given up on him. I just wouldn't bet he will.

5. rawbrah

rawbrah Member

You're ******* right he loves Houston

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

He can start by taking the transportation venues with the team. Now thinking about how he distanced himself from the team up until practices or the starting lineup calls for games and you know that had to contribute to the season being the way it was. Good teams talk about game plans on the planes and buses right before games. This violation alone is down right Harden's doing.

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

“I got a goal, and it’s a huge goal, and that’s to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland, and I won’t stop until I get it.”-Lebron James

8. Mr Chuck Norris

I hate this forum

9. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Contributing Member

10. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

He parties with Harden a lot. Instafamous guy.

11. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

It is funny how so many posters here hate Harden. You guys really don't understand how the NBA works, and how lucky we are to have a player like him.

Take away all the stupid bloggers with no credibility or background who somehow are getting referenced as NBA experts, all the ex-players who seem to think they know how to analyze basketball yet they're only getting tv gigs, not front office gigs, and all the journalists who spew out anything just to make headlines (inside sources?), there isn't a coach or GM who wouldn't have Harden in at least their top 10, and just a year ago most definitely in their top 5.

12. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

I love harden, just hate how people dont respect him

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You also started a thread saying you believed harden and rockets would win against GSW after a 0-2

14. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

You guys are top notch ungrateful!!

15. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Does Harden need to be a leader and motive his teammates more? Sure.

Does Harden have time to figure it out? Yes. He is only 26. How many primary superstars have figured out being leader and have lead their team to a title without any other star player help at that age?

The best players to play with Harden in Houston so far have been 1/2 a season and post-season of injured Dwight and a young Chandler Parsons.

1 person likes this.
  16. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

Does night club count as part of the city? :grin:

17. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

How many star players have been poor leaders, but later developed that trait? Harden is great, but I doubt he'll ever be more than Carmelo 2.0.

18. MistaK

MistaK Member

Not sure if Harden did in fact say this, but assuming that he did, why are some of you bashing him for it? I can't recall how many times certain posters have argued that he is already thinking about better FA destinations, etc. Now he says, he loves HOU and wants to bring a championship to the city and some of y'all still bash him.

Also there was no talk about him not making teammates better last year. Fact is, he got his teammates wide open looks. They need to convert them at a better clip, PERIOD. They did it last year, didn't do it this year.

...AND how quickly we forget. Harden was the one begging Terry to come back after the WCF, there were reports out there that he tried to get Smith back too. I didn't read any such reports about any other players on the team.

It really feels like some of you, just want this image you have of Harden to be true: uncoachable, selfish, ball-hog, bad leader, horrible teammate.

If you read reports and listen to interviews from ex coaches, players, teammates - this doesn't seem to hold true at all.

The only thing that's still to be determined IMO is, how good of a leader Harden can eventually become.

19. Stardog75

Stardog75 Member

This may be my favorite comment ever on Clutch Fans.

20. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

LeBron and Kobe both grew a lot as leaders over the course of their careers. You could argue that both were selfish and poor at it early on.