1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden: "I am the best player in the league."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zeeshan2, Oct 6, 2015.

1. threepointshot3

You are not very bright are you?

ricardo1979 likes this.
  2. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I loved that Harden did it like a professional after his biggest game ever. It was just like a regular game to him, it was nice to see young Knicks players give him grats because that was history. After the postgame, he said we need to improve, or the team needs to improve just after finishing NBA history. With a blink of an eye, he maybe the top scorer for the Rockets. I'm going to enjoy the ride with Harden.

Ramo$e likes this.
  3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Harden's defense has been decent this season.

Tha_Dude likes this.
  4. Newlin

Newlin Member

Harden is definitely the one who knocks.

Tha_Dude, Mathloom and macho GRANDE like this.
  5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Correction. "Best Player on the Planet"

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Look at what Harden has been able to accomplish with Splash Gordon and Ryan Anderson. AD with his dominant PER barely contends for 8th spot with same 2 complementary players. Give me winning over PER any day.

7. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

ricardo1979, Houstunna and D-rock like this.
  8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

True but it's not 100% comparable.

AD was 21 that year. Harden is in His prime and probably peak years now.

Coaching matters. I still do t think AD has received good or great coaching as far as team dynamic.

Rest of the roster favors rockets. Solid contributing veterans with playoff and championship experience.

Chemistry matters. See the Rockets last year. As I'm has never fitnwoth AD for example. Tyreke Evans thus far doesn't fit anywhere. Etc.

And yes it's a guard league. Give me the comparable guard to the big man every day now.

Still last day of the season, must win to get into the playoffs, against a Spurs team that needed the win, too, and they made it. You can absolutely build a winning culture and team around AD. He doesn't need to be the 3rd guy for example. That may be ultimately how he gets to a winning environment but the right gm making the right moves could do it in NOP. Their moves have sucked though and their cap management sucks. There almost better off at this point tanking and eliminating as many contracts as they can.

9. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

he has too much help - espn

russel does more with less - espn

he's overrated - espn

who? - espn

trade him for paul george - clutchfans

10. JJWhat?

JJWhat? Member

No it has not, lets not sugar coat everything just because the team is winning and Harden is putting huge numbers. He's been resting, coasting and chasing rebounds and steals in passing lanes while totally losing track of his man on defense like any other season. Sure, he tries a little more than last season, so does everyone else, because offensive success is engaging to at least try on defense. I'm not hating on Harden, because other stars do the same. Westbrook is as horrible on defense as Harden, but people don't talk about it since their teams are winning and they're flirting with triple double every game. As long you give more on offense than give away on defense, it's all gucci.