1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden: "I am the best player in the league."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zeeshan2, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

I guess that is another debate. I don't think the media is capable of voting for this award. They were jamming that best player on best team narrative all year. No matter what James accomplished, he wasn't getting that vote.

2. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

That MVP honor is on James' Wikipedia right?

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

As long as he remains healthy, he's going to be right there again with opportunities to win the MVP for the foreseeable future.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

probably but it's far less important than the NBA MVP trophy

5. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Because the media says so? elaborate.

6. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

Love what I'm hearing from James. Take your weaknesses and work on them until they are strengths. Don't make excuses.

We are so lucky to have this dude on our team. I don't want to derail this thread but our last "star" shooting guard threw pity parties "It's on me" and whined about not having good enough teammates "I never played with a Shaq or Pau" after losing. I can't wait for this season to start.

7. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

he was sober all season, enough with this drunk rubbish

time some fans grew up

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

As a player, you want to be recognized for the work you put in with the highest reward. Is JH acknowledging that he was happy being NBAPA MVP? No. He's clearly bothered that he did not get the NBA MVP and it was evident all season as he has mentioned several times including this article that he wanted to be MVP. There's a reason why he's making it an issue because he wants it and too many deserving so. He wants the highest individual player honor. Those NBAPA awards are merely consolation awards and mean very little to the players. From a fan perspective, I guess I can see why people would think the PA MVP would mean something but as a player, not as much as the NBA MVP trophy thats been around 55+ years.

1 person likes this.
  9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Love the Beard's confidence, but I entirely agree with you.

10. Mr Chuck Norris

Kill em beard! **** the Warriors and **** curry

11. Edward77547

Edward77547 Member

I wasn't happy the first time he said this last year, but this time it's completely different. I feel like he's going to take another step forward and help us reach another level all together.

12. dragician

dragician Member

this has more beef than Paul George declaring himself as the best in the league.

13. J Hard

J Hard Member

Shutup already

14. SKTTLZ

SKTTLZ Member

JH is a bit of an introvert of sorts, IMO. And for him to make bold statements shows how much he's grown into a vocal leader of this team. Good read, got me hyped for the season!

15. yo

yo Contributing Member

Since MVP is a regular season award, I'll give him that. If we're counting playoffs too? Nope.

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Y the **** he lying

17. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

i respect you as a poster, but i have to disagree. Curry was NOT deserved of the mvp last year. He won because bay area hacks who work at espn like amin elhassin,and ethan sherwood strauss keep hyping him, the players who play againist Harden knew that in order to beat houston, you had to stop #13, until dmo showed flashes late in the year, harden was carrying the team. Curry has a teammate that scores 37 in a quarter. The rockets dont have that at all

Harden was flat out robbed

look at who the warriors had on their team compared to the rockets, the warriors got their record as a team, the rockets got the 2nd seed due to Harden and Dmo... but mostly harden, dude is the clutchest player in the nba, how many clutch shots has he hit over the past few years that we take for granted, he made 3 that i know of last year. one againist the nuggets in denver, a buzzer beater againist the suns, and then a step back againist the nets

18. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

are you a harden hater or what, ive seen your posts before. Listen everybody ranks Harden as a top 5 player maybe even top 3, his defense can get better, and he can improve his fg percentage. Last year againist the warriors in the playoffs, Harden played like kobe in his prime, dude got no ft's even tho he was being hacked all over the place and still making contested jumpers... the warriors just had too much offense and defense that wore harden down

we would hve beat the cavs

19. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

"I'm like Tyson icin' I'm a soldier at war
    I'm makin' sure you don't try to battle me no more
    Got concrete rhymes been rappin' for ten years and
    Even when I'm braggin' I'm being sincere!!!"

He'll crush you like a jellybean!!!:eek:

JHarden - I'm Bad!!!!

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oVDfyc2lh4Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

GO ROCKETS!!!

#39 BamBam, Oct 6, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

What do you do when let-your-game-do-the-talking-doesn't work?