1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden, Howard putting extra hours in to build chemistry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Dec 23, 2015.

1. mockster

mockster Member

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocke...ng-to-build-better-chemistry-with-each-other/

Looks like they are trying to build an even stronger bond. Little to late but at least they are trying to become a more dynamic duo, this prolly is better for howard. As howard hasent really been a key point or an opition on the offense end other then his really good big man skills aka offensive rebounding, boxing out and screens.

2. p10maggs

p10maggs Member

I remember when Lin/Parsons were here the squad chemistry was in full effect. Always seeing them out together at dinners and cool funny videos. Not saying the team doesn't have any of that bond but I feel like those guys all together for the first time, while lacked talent the team has now, we're strong chemistry wise.

3. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Extra hours at the strip club.

4. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Better somewhere than nowhere?

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Who's the wingman?

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

New Baby Mamas and/or Khloe fill-ins.

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

OP, thanks for the thread. But you really should provide the link to the primary source of that article (which bleacherreport provided), especially since it came from a Rockets beat writer from the Chronicle.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocke...ng-to-build-better-chemistry-with-each-other/

Props to Jenny Dial Creech for getting a nice quote.

Doing so also makes it easier to see the actual date of the quote -- yesterday.

By Jenny Dial Creech on December 22, 2015 at 1:17 PM​

fwiw: the "last couple of weeks" quote of Dwight places the practice effort on "chemistry" prior to Sheridan's rumor by at least a week.

#7 heypartner, Dec 23, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Wonder if they failed chemistry in high school...

[​IMG]

9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I still can't believe this is just happening.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

My thoughts exactly.

11. dmorey

dmorey Member

these two guys are good at basketball
    but would be morons when it comes to academics
    why the hell are they doing chemistry
    howard should work on his free throws
    harden should work on his defense

12. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Actually wouldn't be bad. The more they communicate, the more they'll like and respect each othef.

They've been playing like there's no respect.

13. heypartner

btw, the Bleacher Report actually missed the rest of the quote from Jenny/Chronicle. It was under the Ad. Stupid Bleacher Report missed a very juicy part

Coach J.B. Bickerstaff had a talk with both players about their roles as leaders.

“J.B. has done a great job with that,” Howard said. “He has sat both of us down. We have had opportunities to talk and really try to figure this thing out – how we can work together and become a dominant tandem we need to be to win.”​

Wouldn't read too much into that. JBB and Morey have said that they sat down with all the players, since JBB took over.

14. heypartner

From within the short tenure of JBB, he and Morey have said they sat down with all the players, individual and in groups. I can see this totally being a result of the new Coach wanting to sit down with the two Leaders for a fresh reset. See that missing quote from Creech, that I posted above.

Also note JBB's comments about the key to recent change has been defense. He basically said he focused more on that as soon as he took over, which would limit this 2 on 2 or 3 on 3 practices that Howard is alluded to.

15. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Amazing things happen at these places.

16. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

It still drives me crazy. The "why haven't they been doing that all along" part of my brain just won't shut up.

17. basketballholic

that's a legit question. Why not the first 2 years?

(sadly I think it comes back to the same point...the coach.)

18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Even then it speaks volumes about these two. I mean if they just aren't on the same page then they both should have gone out of their ways to make it work a long time ago. I love both of them and I am happy they are Rockets but my thoughts are that sometimes you end up with a bad boss, bad teacher, etc and sometimes it is up to the individual to do something about it.

19. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Ok they should've been doing it all along. That's water under the bridge imo; better late than never. Nothing we can do about the past

20. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

This should have happened long before, but I suppose with us winning, they didn't feel it was necessary. Oh well, better now than never.