1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden has shown his true colors

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RKREBORN, Nov 17, 2020.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

It really shows too.

Mr. Space City likes this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It does suck that he's going to pull a Paul George / AD move like that.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Harden was here before Tilman and he has not made the finals.
    Certainly he was an improvement over Tmac , Steve, and Yao

but if you are #1 people want to play with you

Harden has to take some blame, especially for some un-clutch performances in the playoffs

GreatOne1978 and beardsanity713 like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

this fascination of spreading levels of blame all around is irrelevant to me. that's just ducking and scapegoating the real issues that have held it back. Outside of his pairing with cp3, harden has never had a team with a legitimate shot at winning a title. Nor did the team ever go all in like port/bucks have done as i mentioned with lillard/giannis since people want to bring up those two

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  5. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

6. Mr. Space City

Sure, "Texan asia fan".

jowman, Reeko and HP3 like this.
  7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't have a beef with Harden. Why would anyone want to stick around this mess?

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  8. Mr. Space City

HP3 likes this.
  9. riko

riko Member

The same reason Russ doesn’t like Tillman.

10. Ranny

Ranny Member

I can understand the sentiment and resentment of our star and franchise player rejecting us and wanting to leave, It hurts! However we must also try to see it from Harden's perspective.... he is in the wrong side of 30 in a team that is a total mess, realistically it would be very difficult for him to achieve his goal of a championship with Houston, so yeah i get why he wants out and to try to get his chip somewhere else.....

The only thing that annoys me is the rumor that he has allegedly told the Rox that we should just take whatever offer is available, even if we do not feel is satisfactory, but to trade him right away... this does irk me quite a lot, and to that i do say **** YOU JAMES! You want to leave? OK no problem, we'll let you leave, but not before we get an offer that is at least somewhat close to equal value for you, whoever wants you has to bring us the sun the moon and the stars, otherwise you are staying put.

Oh and another thing, since he is already so adamant on leaving, why are we supposed to keep his friend?? Lets get rid of Westbrook immediately, the sooner the better, why should we care about how James feels about it?

11. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

LMAO,

so you just did admit that you are one of those sour Cleveland fans cried and burnt all those Lebron jerseys after the "choice", but then begging him to come back a few years later pretending nothing happened and no bridges even damaged?

oh wait,

sadly in this case, he ain't Lebron and he wont come back to bring you a ring for the rest of his career.

12. riko

riko Member

Cut the trolling out. Before harden came this franchise was going to roll with a Bunch of scrubs like lin( scrub who is now out of the league) Parsons( most likely finished) Greg Smith( out of the league ) Kevin Martin ( retired ) Donte Green( out of the league ) and few other scrubs. That team was put together to tank.

He brought relevancy back to this franchise.

#73 riko, Nov 17, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
    HP3 likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So the theory is that everyone would be fine wasting the next 5 years or so on rebuilding teams if not for the owner having different political beliefs than they do?

That sounds pretty far fetched, but I guess we have to consider the possibility that they really are that feeble minded.

I think the more likely scenario is that after Harden forced the disastrous Westbrook trade and it became obvious that there was no way of making that pairing work, no one wanted to waste several years on a rebuild. That's not only more likely, it's the scenario that still treats those involved like they are rational adults.

Then again, who knows, right?

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

My doubt grew before that, in game 5. I'm no Harden hater, but I stopped trusting him after that, even though I remained optimistic.

15. HP3

HP3 Member

No, Im not one of those people. Nice straw man LOL.

Haha, dude. He didnt come back to Cleveland because he wanted to "win one" for them. He came back because Irving and Love(got them to trade the number one pick for him) and were there in a weak ass Eastern Conference. And he clearly coulndt win with the Heat anymore.

Its amazing how you consistently dont know what you are talking about. Ignorant posters, remain ignorant.

16. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Did I ever dispute that Harden won a brunch of games for this franchise in the last 8 years? NO

Did the Rockets (see unlike morons whose only a player only fan, this is never just about Harden) ever win a championship in the last 8 years? NO

Next question.

17. HP3

HP3 Member

Trash analysis. Championship or busts mentality. Does not take into account, roster, management, coaching or ownership, nor strength of opponent. Typical.

jowman likes this.
  18. Mr. Space City

I been telling ya'll that a lot of these "Rockets fans" would rather be the Sacramento Kings and suck for 20 years than have what the Rockets have had these past 10 years.

I'll take how I felt in that 2018 Game 5 before Chris Paul got hurt over tuning every night knowing my team is gonna lose 45+ games every year for the next decade.

19. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Because he signed the contract....

beardsanity713 likes this.