1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden has shown his true colors

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RKREBORN, Nov 17, 2020.

1. clos4life

clos4life Member

Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves. Harden has given everything he has to the city of Houston. Just because he doesn't want to work under Fertits does not mean he doesn't love Houston. Everybody has bailed on the Rockets (Morey, D'Antoni, etc.), you cannot blame him for thinking about it. He is an awful owner. Imagine if you had to work under him for any amount of time, I bet you guys have quit jobs for far less than what he has to put up with.

2. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

I reject your misogynistic rhetoric. And so Lebron is also not an alpha cause he joined Miami? Please. Stop being dumb. Who is an alpha in the NBA by your standards?

HP3 likes this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

exactly

Harden is trying to win rings, and Tilman’s 1st 2 years here all we hear about is how we need to duck the luxury tax...right after the run to game 7 of the WCF, we lose Ariza and are dumpster diving for the likes of MCW and James Ennis to be replacements...then we can’t get anything done during the trade deadline with luxury tax ramifications again being the topic of conversation when it came to any trade involving the Rockets

Morey and MDA are gone, and people can clown MDA all they want or claim that Morey is overrated, but those are Harden’s guys, and they both hated working under Tilman

4. King1

King1 Contributing Member

So we're going to **** on Harden? Ok

5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Nah,

Harden has been great and I don't blame him for wanting to flee from Tilman. He is that ****ing bad.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

threads like these are terrible. There's not need for me to add anything really further than what @Reeko @JayGoogle @clos4life have just said

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Actually the problem was letting Harden GM instead of Daryl.

The Russ acquisition ran us into the toilet. It was an NBA2k move in real life. It didn't work out. I don't mind moving Paul but there were 2 guys to NOT move Paul for (Wall, Westbrook) and we...didn't do that.

Like i said last week, GM ultimately overrulled LeBron's attempts to get Carmelo in Cleveland and LA. Will overrule any attempt to get Russ to LA now. That wasn't present for us last year.

Invisible Fan, FrontRunner and HP3 like this.
  8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Not really. He just wants to go somewhere where the owner of the team won’t actively hurt the franchise.

9. Mr. Space City

Harden maybe saw how Anthony Davis went from an underachiever to a Top 5 PF of all time by teaming up with Lebron, and winning a ring, and maybe wants the same?

RANGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ culture is so dumb that Harden winning a ring as a 3rd option would drastically change the perception of him and end all slander for good.

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I don't think Harden is out because he wants to chase rings. I think he's out because he can't trust the owner who has literally driven everyone away including Morey and MDA who Harden has a lot of loyalty to.

I think Harden was okay with playing with Houston and not win a ring under Morey, because he knew Morey will always give him a fighting chance. I don't think he's okay with just playing with Tilman who has done nothing but detrimental to this team and is apparently a huge dickhole.

11. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

I don't want to be unfair to James Harden, and I want to see how this whole story ends. But the only one who can't get frustrated with anything is Harden. Frustrated with the work environment? It's a joke, right? The departure of Paul and the arrival of Westbrook were decisions in which Harden had absolute influence. Not a year has passed and there are already problems with Westbrook. Harden wanted John Lucas on the technical staff, John Lucas is on the staff. To make matters worse, Harden was offered $ 50 million a year to extend his contract and he rejected the proposal. What more does Harden want? Harden has proven to be an incredible player, but with an equally incredible lack of personality, leadership and maturity. Tilman is primarily responsible for everything that is happening, but Harden is also responsible. Enough of justifying all of Harden's mistakes. I'm a Rockets fan, not just a Harden fan.

wekko368 likes this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

not really. between him and KD that's 1A and 1B. Irving is clearly the lesser player of the 3

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

plus, finals runs are exciting and as a competitor, u want to be in those environments while you’re still a top player in this game

Harden stays here and all he’ll be doing is carrying scrubs to hard fought 1st round series and 2nd round exits while getting clowned on for “not getting it down”

I can’t imagine finally winning a championship when you’re on your last legs and a shell of what u used to be would be all that fulfilling to a guy who was a superstar in this league for years...it would also do nothing for his legacy

he’s got a few more years to get it done, and he’s not taking his chances with Tilman

jowman, HP3 and Mr. Space City like this.
  14. Mr. Space City

Of course Kyrie is the lesser of the 3. It's just that even winning as a 3rd option would change Harden's perception.

YOLO likes this.
  15. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

When did I mention Lebron once? Stop making up ****

16. Ben Frank

Ben Frank Member

2 things about this Harden request, I think people should make note of..

First he wants to play with Durant and Kyrie.. It's wasn't that long ago, Harden tried to get Durant to come to Houston, and he Curved him not once.. for Golden State, but twice when he went to Brooklyn.. if Durant wanted to play with Harden as much as he say now, we would of made cap for him to pair with Harden.

The other thing, When Lebron was a free agent Houston was listed as one of his preferred destinations. When they asked Harden about it, he said he felt like the Rockets had enough to win the Championship with him and CP3. Now that he's figured out he's not a better GM than Lebron, he wants to form a super team, and take a backseat. Smfh

beardsanity713 likes this.
  17. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

Lol at the trump thing

YOu know how many players in sports play under a trump owner. News for you most sports owners are rich white men who are Republicans . Maybe every body should start seeking a way out if your owner supports trump

18. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don't all the stars now a day act like this, Lebron, Wade, KD, Steph, Kyrie, can go on and on, they have to do it in pairs or preferably in threes, aren't strong enough to do it themselves......... there definitely not as strong as the old players. Never saw MJ say, I need to team up with Bird, Magic, AI, Larry, or so on to win a championship, instead it was give me a solid team and I'll get them there.

Harden is just no different then today's weak stars............

RKREBORN likes this.
  19. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

Damian. Lillard is much different and giannis remains to be seen

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Threads like these are why KD punked his way over to the Warriors to collect easy rings. He understood his legacy needed championships.

When I say Harden hasn't won and that affects his legacy people think I'm criticizing him. I'm not. He's clearly capable of winning championships.

The thing is, 20 years from now, people that judge these players aren't living in the time these players lived in. So all they see are his accomplishments, not how they were achieved. There really is not much context when you're just looking at accomplishments. That's how people seriously compared Kobe to Jordan...because they never saw Jordan, they never understood. That's why as some put it, that documentary was the best thing for Jordan's legacy because it added context to his domination.

People 20 years from now will not understand how dominant Harden was. If he goes to the Nets, picks up championships, adds an MVP, it helps his legacy a ton. I think he at the very least jumps over Wade into top 3 territory if he adds championships to it...in fact the reason anyone puts Wade over Harden is ONLY championships, that's it.

And with how KD and Irving are always hurt, he could add another MVP to his trophy case. Especially since the media will be behind him then.