1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden giving anyone else credit?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Razsan, Jul 20, 2013.

1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

This can't be stated enough. We don't run ISOs anymore than other teams do. Even the much talked about Spurs and there terrific play running offense consistently went with Manu and Parker ISOs to end games during the playoffs. Tony Parker's amazing shot to win game 1 in the finals is a prime example. Straight ISO driving all through the defense drawing multiple defenders all around him.

When there is a finite amount of time left the ISO is the most reliable way to for sure get a shot off. You run a set play you run the risk of things breaking down and completely wasting your precious clock time.

2. Hak34

Hak34 Member

Wow...an almost good non factual arguement.

Did you watch the Rockets near collapse at the end of the season? Was Harden efficient or shooting well?

Did McHale not sit Harden cor a stretch in the playoffs?

Did The freaking coach not comment on the "stickiness" of the ball and lack of rotation?

We should pay you to coach. TS% tells us that Memphis and Indiana were terrible teams and NY was one of the very best.

3. Razsan

Razsan Member

I'm trying to direct this into a basketball discussion, using numbers and MY opinion. Yet Ad nauseam you name call. Look in the mirror my friend to see the child in this discussion.

4. Razsan

Razsan Member

Is that true about the TS%? That's interesting if it is. Indiana was scary in the playoffs.

5. Hak34

Hak34 Member

Its not the norm for most championship teams the last 30 years. Even the talent short Rockets 1st championship relied on an inside out swing the ball around offense.

And iso is a problem when for two months the person iso ing is shooting .390

1 person likes this.
  6. j3i

j3i Member

"inside out swing the ball around offense" aka post isolation. Not every iso possession ends with the ball handler shooting.

7. Karolik

Karolik Member

TS% is very reliable when describing offensive production.

Here are the bottom 11 teams by TS%

IND
    MIN
    CLE
    MEM
    ORL
    CHI
    PHO
    WASH
    MIL
    PHI
    CHA

only 4/11 were playoff teams, and of those 3 had very good to elite defenses.

Here are the top 10 in TS%

MIA
    OKC
    SAS
    HOU
    LAC
    NYK
    DEN
    LAL
    ATL

10/10 are in the playoffs. Discrediting TS% is pretty foolish.

Harden's 60% was over the entire season. The second half of the season when he wore out, including the playoffs was considerably lower than that. So yes, that means his TS% was higher than 60% at one point.

8. jocar

jocar Member

fify

[​IMG]

9. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

You sad poor little man.

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Harden advanced me $5000 in cash. No questions asked, no security.

#hardengivescredit

11. Razsan

Razsan Member

I'm actually quite happy thank you...

12. MichaelG281713

Damn LOF's

They never stop

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Was Hakeem humble? :cool: