1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden fouls: Like or Dislike?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OTMax, Feb 27, 2018.

?

Harden's fouls (rip through, initiating contact, hooking arms etc.): Like or dislike?

1. I love it! Harden is getting fouled and it's the league's fault if anything.

18 vote(s)
    35.3%
  2. I like it, but I agree that some fouls should not be called / are offensive fouls.

7 vote(s)
    13.7%
  3. I like it, but I agree that some fouls should not be rewarded with FTs.

4 vote(s)
    7.8%
  4. I dislike it, but take any call we can get given the rules & refs treatment.

7 vote(s)
    13.7%
  5. I dislike it, but only because he gets FTs on some of them which he shouldn't.

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  6. I dislike it, but only because of how it looks.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. I hate it! Harden needs to cut it out.

2 vote(s)
    3.9%
  8. I like / love it, but for other reasons than stated.

2 vote(s)
    3.9%
  9. I dislike / hate it, but for other reasons than stated.

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  10. What?!

9 vote(s)
    17.6%
  1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

you ask for opinions, he gave you one, and you call him a smart ass and a whole bunch of folks fools?! damn you harsh...

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Harden can't be nerfed even they the league and kerr have been trying their ass off to do so. He's too smart and knows all the cheat codes. It's his world, he just let's us visit.

3. bj3175

bj3175 Member

I dont want James to get used too some of these type calls because against high quality teams in the playoffs they are not going to call it.

4. photojoe

photojoe Member

Steve Kerr Interviews: Like or Dislike?

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Is OP one of Steve Kerr's burner accounts?

photojoe and dharocks like this.
  6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

@Mathrocker was right. If OTMax was a man of his word, he shouldn't be posting much less tarting anti Rockets threads

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  7. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

dislike it only because of the potential for the refs to swallow the whistle later on in the postseason as others have mentioned.

i said this in the infamous Reddit thread a couple of days ago...

the refs are doing a crap job and have been doing so for years now by simply ignoring the hand-checking rule that came after the rockets/knicks finals. the harden fouls are legit for that sole reason. enforce that rule and maybe defenders will abide by it... and maybe the "harden flops" whining will stop.

anyway, exploit the hell out of it, but if they quit calling it i hope harden doesn't resort to tantrums screaming bloody murder. hopefully he'll adjust. he's already done that somewhat by following through with the attempted shot.

8. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

If you catch someone reaching - and you can bring your arms up and draw the foul... fine... their bad for reaching.

but things like hooking or flopping - that's basically cheating...

If you're trying to fool the ref into believing something that didn't really happen - it's cheating.

Sure, everybody does it... but to varying degrees...

I don't like it to any degree.

vlaurelio and napalm06 like this.
  9. abaker28

abaker28 Member

As a Rockets and Harden fan, I love these calls and get frustrated when the refs don't call the clear contact.
    But I get why opposition players and fans hate it and would hate it if Harden or someone similar was doing that to us.

10. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Its a clever move, and alot of opponents crowds dislike it. I'm not saying its fair or not fair, but in all honesty, the league has gotten soft man. Everything is a foul now, but when harden does it, because they looked at him for getting to the foul line that one year, they are not calling it much. Its so stupid, now he gets fouled and cant even get his free shots lol.

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Well said. I spent ~15 years hating the Spurs and Jazz for flopping and ref-baiting. I can't make a hypocrite out of myself and say that I like it. If it was out of the game, we'd all be better off.

That being said, man it's nice being on the winning side of those whistles after so many years of torture watching that $*$&#&@* win in the playoffs.

People may be hating on Harden now, but if we meet GSW in the playoffs, people are gonna have to choose their side of the battle lines.

kjayp likes this.