1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden Floor / Ceiling

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dmo for 3mo, May 28, 2015.

1. verysimplejason

One thing that stands out during this series is that Harden's drives to the basket is actually guardable. I used to think that it's almost a sure foul or score whenever he drives with his Euro-step. Now, without screens, I don't think it will be effective enough against the likes of Iggy.

2. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I feel like 90% of the complaining around here would vanish if this statement weren't true for most people.

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I think the league has scouted Harden's drive and has designed defenses to stop it. You do need defenders like Iggy and Thompson and a good system to defend it. But it can be done. This is especially true in the playoffs when you can game plan specifically against one team at a time.

What's unguardable is Harden's step back jumper. When it's on, it's unstoppable. But it is not as reliable as driving to the basket. Harden is not a great pure shooter. His shot can get hot and cold.

Anyway, they need to make his life easier by giving him better spacing, by better shooters, better picks, better ball and player movement, etc.

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

In terms of success - Floor: Carmelo Anthony

One of the leagues best scorers, yet terrible at defense with no desire to win. Nothing more accomplished then a couple of scoring titles, making it to the WCF's one or two times and a whole buncha all star games.

- Ceiling: Dwayne Wade

One of the best SG's of all time, scoring, rebounds, assist, steals and a world champion. Career average 25-5-5 guy. 1 or 2 championships if he doesn't get much help from his team, 3 or 4 if he does.

Again this is based on the level of success in the player career's and i'm not directly comparing the way they play basketball. Also I obviously used modern players for examples, i'm sure there are older players that would fit better.

5. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

He is already arguably as good as Dwayne Wade ever was.

I think his floor is who he is now.

Harden at 25. His ceiling is Lebron, and he is not to far off of that.

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Dwyane Wade was clutch as hell. Harden isn't. Put prime Wade on the Rockets instead of harden and we'd still be playing.

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

lol no

8. Dmo for 3mo

Dmo for 3mo Member

Slow your roll cowboy. D wade has multiple rings and carried that 2006 team by himself.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

i hope people don't think harden is as good yet as dwayne wade was. if you think so take off the homer glasses.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

sorry but this is without a doubt untrue.

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

No doubt about this. Wade's explosive first step and great speed gave him the edge over Harden, despite James' superior passing skills. Wade was a better defender too.

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yeah Wade was on another level in his prime, If harden can sustain his level of play over the next 5 years, then age gracefully, his career will likely look like Wades IMO. A ring or 2, multiple all star games, a scoring title, a career average of 25-5-5 on good %'s. Consider one of the best SG's of all time.

If Harden takes ANOTHER drastic step upwards like he did this year, i'd say his ceiling would Jerry West (based off of stats), but realistically I think it will be Wade.

13. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Harden is great, but he isn't reaching peak Lebron and has yet to reach peak Wade level of play.

14. YallMean

YallMean Member

His inability to be productive in those games are not uncommon for a superstar. Curry at stretches didn't play well but he has help. We rely on Harden too much. That has to change next year. DMO would have been a difference.

15. YallMean

YallMean Member

Prime DWade w/o Howard for half a season, probably wouldn't even lead his team to the play in the West. Prime Dwade scores bunch, and that's about it.

16. ksny15

ksny15 Member

LeBron was at his absolute best when he was between 26-29

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

think you're scouting report on dwade is a little off

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

might wanna check his resume again

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

PERSPECTIVE

Rocket River

20. YallMean

YallMean Member

Prime DWade could barely lead his team to the playoffs in the LEAST. Put Prime Dwade in the lineup with Bev, DMO, Ariza, Dorsey, and they could win 27 out of 41 games in the West this year? Laughs.