1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden fixed his turnovers issue by getting more assists but the TO's are still a problem

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Jan 23, 2017.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

I don't see 60 win team with that line up. Not unless Pop is coaching team, and even then the bench better be much much better than it is now. Neither Gordon or Bev are elite PGs in MDA system.

2. riko

riko Member

You are a borderline moronic idiot. If you think this team would better with Lowry,Wall , Paul or whatever then god help u

3. wekko368

wekko368 Member

How about a tip jar wager? If you can find a quote where I said we'd be better with Lowry/Wall/Paul/etc instead of Harden, I'll donate $50 to the tip jar. If you can't find such a quote, you donate $5.

That's fair, right?

4. threepointshot3

Last time I checked none of those guys had their teams sitting pretty in the 3rd seed in the west all the while missing his starting Center for a large the season and his best defensive player missing games and is still playing injured. Harden right now is rightly recognised as the MVP or at worst top two for a reason. The reason is he is extracting every ounce of talent out of his team.

Not sure what point you are tying to make, but you are making a fool out of yourself here with these outlandish claims.

Rockets4Life13 and D-rock like this.
  5. wekko368

wekko368 Member

What outlandish claims?

6. threepointshot3

Outlandish to claim that Wall and Kyle(whom I like a lot) can carry this current squad to the 3rd seed in the west. It just wont happen as they don't possess Harden's talent level and the ability to extract the most out of the talent like Harden can/does regulary. Even the most neutral observer can see that.

#86 threepointshot3, Jan 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  7. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Yeah...I never said any of that. I said we'd still be a playoff team if we had Wall/Lowry/etc instead of Harden.

8. threepointshot3

So you want to get rid of Harden for Lowry so we can just go back to being a run of the mill playoff team instead of a team maybe a piece away from title like we are right now? What kind of logic is that?

ricardo1979, Tha_Dude and D-rock like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

So what is your point, why would Rockets even contemplate being worse?

threepointshot3 likes this.
  10. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Why don't you go back and read the conversation before responding? Otherwise, you are making a fool out of yourself with these outlandish claims.

11. wekko368

wekko368 Member

A poster asserted that Lebron James was the only player with whom we could swap with Harden and still make the playoffs. I disagreed and listed several alternatives.

12. threepointshot3

ou
    No offense but the other poster was right, you are a moron . It seems you are hell bent on on going on a silly rant based on a clear dislike of Harden for whatever reason..Lets maker this team worse so I don't have to root for James. Epic logic right there.

13. wekko368

wekko368 Member

It's interesting that you're continually misunderstanding me and yet I'm the moron...

I'm not suggesting we trade Harden for any of those guys. If we did so, we'd clearly be an inferior team. However, contrary to what the other poster thinks, Harden isn't the only player (other than Lebron) capable of leading us to the playoffs.

Why is that such a difficult concept to understand?

14. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

True. Warriors also average way more assists... 31.2 vs 25.6

That 5.6 discrepancy is the difference between being ranked #2 and 27th.

15. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Let's assume that Harden starts turning the ball over 2 less times per game on average while the rest of his numbers stay the same. Does anyone here really believe that would be the difference in the Rockets winning a championship and not winning one? Show of hands, please.

Lets face it, the biggest weakness the Rockets have is when they aren't making 3's. Because when the 3's are going in, we usually win.

Harden is a player with flaws, and we can b**** about it as much as we want but I don't think its going to change anything. Kobe Bryant had flaws too, he wasn't a willing passer for most of his career and when his shot wasn't going in he just kept chucking the ball up anyway, but its a good thing for him that he played with some amazing rebounders throughout his career who would constantly cover his ass.

Anyhoo, the Lakers still managed to win 5 championships despite Kobe's flaws because their team was good enough overall to overcome them. It's going to be a similar situation with Harden, he needs other pieces to step up and if they do he's every bit as capable of winning a championship as Kobe was.

Deuce, BigMaloe and hakeem94 like this.
  16. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

Kobe: I'll go with Harden to start a franchise right now.

Tha_Dude likes this.
  17. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

Yeah I don't see any logic with this guy either

18. Tha_Dude

Perfect timing.

ricardo1979 likes this.
  19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Rockets are 14-1 when they make 40% of threes (lone loss vs Bucks in last game)
    Rockets are 22-4 when they make 15 or more threes.
    Rockets are 8-6 when they make less than 33%

by comparison:

GSW is 20-0 when they make 40% or more
    GSW is 8-0 when they make 15 or more
    GSW is 6-6 when they make less than 33%

SAS is 24-3 when they make 40%
    SAS hasn't made 15 in a game, yet
    SAS is 6-5 when they make less than 33%

#99 heypartner, Jan 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  20. Tha_Dude

It would be really nice if the Rockets could have more games where they make 40% or more, but considering the sheer volume I doubt that will happen. It's also pretty telling that these are the top three teams in basketball right now.

Deuce and BigMaloe like this.