1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Harden finishes 9th in MVP voting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., May 10, 2016.

1. Harden's beard

I said anymore to imply as of late.

It seems like the offensive possessions are distributed fairly even between Aldridge and Kahwai in the playoffs.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Well it's a regular season award. But they are using Aldridge more in the post.

Kawhi isn't what I would call an elite creator yet

3. ApuN

ApuN Member

Less talented, WTF you been watchin?

Kyle has Derozan (All-Star) and a bunch of other players

Harden has dog crap!!

Why people think the Rockets team is choc full of talent is
    beyond me :rolleyes:

4. chandlerbang21

I see you Mr. Leonard. I told people you were a beast and better than harden. GARM wont agree but the experts know the deal

5. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

How many votes Howard get? I'll wait..

1 person likes this.
  6. Harden's beard

Lebron James had better numbers in traditional & advanced metrics.

Kahwai is a great player, but one factoid that shocked me was that his career high points in a single game is 33. I mean what? Kobe averaged more points than that in a single season. Probably partly because of the way SAS plays, but the dude seriously lacks explosiveness for a supposed superstar.

7. dje243

dje243 Member

Harden wasn't even close to being MVP this year... That being said: I don't think there's a player in this league that could take this team and coaching staff and contend. Not one. As magnificent as Curry was, his team is perfectly capable of reaching the WCF without him. You take Harden off of this team and you're essentially tanking. One star, no shooters, and a terrible coaching staff won't cut it for anyone. Every team this year had ONE objective when they played the rockets: stop James Harden. That's it. When someone tries to do that to Curry he just passes it to one of 4 other capable shooters and/or play makers. Harden does the same thing and watches dudes clank wide open shots and miss easy layups. This TEAM is terrible. TERRIBLE.

8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Because they are crazy and either like to say ridiculous things in order to argue or they really believe what they are saying and are slightly stupid. I don't know which is worse.

1 person likes this.
  9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

ROFL, he's a leader!! See he decided to show McHale to **** off!!!!! :rolleyes:

10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, put Houston in the east. I'm sure the Rockets can live in the 2nd Round. Lowry also hasn't had the best time getting out of the first round in the east....

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

more evidence of the media conspiracy against Harden. He should have gotten some of those first place votes. Curry is a fraud. :rolleyes:

12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

It's hilarious how people keep mentioning Lowry like he's just such an amazing leader all of a sudden. It proves my point that what people around here call leadership it really just more talent (Which is on Morey BTW). Raptors are so good because they have multiple guys who can create shoot well and defend well. Not to mention good coaching and again a big who can hit free throws and doesn't mind playing pick and poll. If Harden shot the worst percentage in playoff history and fouled out in an all important game 4 leaving the back up point guard to be the man (That would be Jason Terry for us) you would hear how he is just a terrible leader and just the worst player ever but yet you love Lowry. It's hilarious. We had Lowry before and he had less talent and a worst coach than he has now and he didn't win here either.

13. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

^even with the weakening of the West this year, it's still crazy different vs East conference. I mean just look at those 2nd round match ups, Cavs are going to cruise to the Finals, while the West is going to kill each other in the WCFs

14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Thats not what he said. If you have to put words in his mouth then you are already starting from a point where you know you're wrong. Good teams don't need their best player to be good. Their best player makes them great. Jordan's Bulls still made it to the second round without Jordan. Does that mean that by stating that truth that I think Jordan wasn't one of the greatest of all time? No.

15. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

I'm not sure the Rockets could beat the Xavier Munford Grizzlies, Popovich gave them the ultimate compliment. Joerger cried tears of joy for them.

JBB cried tears of agony for this team, or well he tried to.

16. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

It's basically Harden vs 5, I wish Harden could shoot for the rest of the team too

2 people like this.
  17. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I wish we had a better team, lol. Morey I hope you're reading this.

18. Harden's beard

I think I said this before, but the real curse for Harden was doing exceptionally well with this mediocre roster last season, hence convincing many people, including Morey, that we were a talented team, when in reality it was nothing more than a one-man-show. Harden's win share last season was 16.4. Curry, who some people say just had one of the best regular season performances of all time, has win share of 17.9.

So what happened was people expected us to be consistently good, masking glaring lack of talent issue on this team.

This year's result is not that complicated. Harden's relative down year coincided with Dwight's decline as a player, and our lack of talent problem got exposed. Add to that the coaching disaster, and 41-41 record makes perfect sense.

Although the media and some fans never wanted to admit it, our regular season record is actually not very far off from our overall talent level. I mean how can you look at 2014-2015 Houston Rockets roster and feel like it was stacked? that's a joke. We overacheived with whatever we had at the time, but that shouldn't have been the baseline. Unfortunately it became the baseline for Harden, hence the uncharitable narrative surrounding him this season. Some are fair, but some are definitely not.

2 people like this.
  19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

LeBron isn't better in all advanced metrics

Bill Russell didn't score much either

20. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

:) I think the Rockets had a ****ty season for sure, and like most would have preferred saving a draft pick for that cluster **** of a first round, I mean.. Houston could at least taken it to 6 games vs Munford, Lololol, but you're probably right.

I guess if the MVP wasn't based on best team/best player, then I think Harden would be a lot more deserving of the award (and I'm not saying he's better than Curry or something). Some of the guys on the list aren't required for their team to go anywhere (like Curry could easily miss games like he has and they'd still be wcf bound), they wouldn't win 73 games, but that team is insane. Without Harden this team is instantly at the bottom (just like when LeBron left the Cavs).

Do you guys remember last year watching OKC without Durant?? Lol, I mean Harden had a headcase/broken Howard, no coach support (look at those rotations!!! Little League coach could handle that better), and Brewer who couldn't hit a shot to save his life and still made it to playoffs (Yes I realize the standings were harder to make it but still). And Obviously Ariza was 2nd option, but he was scoring at like 20% from 3. We b**** about Harden on D, but.... If Harden had a competent 2nd option we might have made it to May in the playoffs. And if the Rockets were still playing... We'd have better threads on here. :)