1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden finishes 9th in MVP voting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., May 10, 2016.

1. spark06

spark06 Member

Let's go ahead and sweep the fact that he is playing through an injury to his shooting elbow under the rug. No big deal. Lol. He's only giving his undermanned team a chance to make it to the Eastern Conference Finals.

2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

i hate how ppl are like, "how does curry have such high PER? how can he score so much in 1 quarter"
    it's like the answer is very simple and all this Curry dick lovers just are acting dumb.

dude just shoots a lot of 3s and hit a lot of 3s. the league will be full of these kinds of players in 10 years and essentially, it's boring basketball.

3. Harden's beard

so many excuses. if he was that badly injured, then he shouldn't be playing at all. lowry himself said in an interview that elbow is not what's bothering him, and it was all mental. and what was his excuse for equally pathetic playoff performance last year? this is 2 years in a row where lowry has bombed historically bad in the playoffs.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Peyton Manning just throws a lot of passes and completes a lot of passes. The NFL will be full of these kinds of players in 10 years and essentially, it's boring football.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You and me both, but don't worry he'll head straight to LA in two years (If he doesn't demand a trade after next season)

Lowry was a better player than Harden in 2016. He led the Raptors to a better season and has done for for the Raptors this season.

Fact.

6. dragician

dragician Member

WHAT KIND OF A MORON WOULD VOTE FOR HARDEN AS MVP?!?

7. Harden's beard

yes, lowry led the raptors alone, and the guy named Demar DeRozan was totally irrelevant role player. also, lowry is doing so great in the playoffs that their fans are demanding to trade him away, because of historically bad, embarrassing performance. also, this is not two years in a row that lowry has bombed in big games. I'm sure lowy played great in last year's playoffs.

8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

[​IMG]

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I'm just going off what he's said. The narrative hasn't been he's injured. I get that he has something of an injury, but he himself hasn't said its a problem. Plus he played great the last game.

I get people love Lowry's grit, toughness, effort, hustle, etc. And he's definitely become a much better player. And the Raptors aren't a very talented team on paper. Probably equal to the Rockets in that regard. They have talent, but not obvious crazy good talent all around. And he has them maybe going to the ECF.

I'm not amazed by that... I still discount the East. It got a lot better, but you are still talking about 1 team and then all the rest. I'll happily eat crow if the Raptors make it to the ECF and give the Cavs a solid, competitive series, with Lowry leading the way.

10. spark06

spark06 Member

You can cry "apples to oranges" all you want, but they are both fruits. James Harden is the inferior leader at this point and most likely for the remainder of their careers. His persona won't have it any other way.

11. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I am not a Curry fan but this is just such a stupid, stupid comment. Curry can do much more than just shoot a lot of 3's. He is a magician when it comes to dribbling the ball. He can shoot from anywhere, not just the 3pt line. This is why people can't give him space ANYWHERE. Give him a bit of daylight and he can get his shot off accurately. He can also finish inside as well. All of this and we haven't even talked about his court vision which is pretty darn good as well.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

boring basketball? is it? seems like the whole world disagrees and Oracle is one of the most exciting places to play

13. Pete the Cheat

man...if only the media wasn't suppressing your facts...must be some kind of conspiracy

14. spark06

spark06 Member

I'll give you excuses, but Kyle Lowry won't. Just another prime example of his leadership and the responsibility that he has taken on for this team. He has exceeded all expectations and is over performing at this point in his career. He was once a relegated player who is now looked up to by others.

15. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Quit hating

16. jeffvangundy

jeffvangundy Member

Trade Lowry and Derozan for Harden, and Raptors are lock for ECF.

17. ln3012

ln3012 Member

yes, absolutely.

Biyombo
    Carroll
    DeRozan
    Joseph
    Patterson
    Ross
    Scola
    Valanciunas

T Jones
    Motiejunas
    Ariza
    Howard
    Capela
    Beverley
    Brewer
    Smith
    Terry
    Beasley (20 games)

Is it honestly even close?

18. Pete the Cheat

I can't find his leadership stat on the basketball reference when I look at playoffs...are they under advanced?

the rest of them look pretty terrible...maybe they only show his bad stats on that site?

19. Harden's beard

lowry's so bad that corey joseph is out playing him in the playoffs. insisting to play even when you're injured is actually very selfish and ultimately hurts the team's chance to win. but as I said, he himself acknowledged the issue was all mental.

his expectation is at the all-star level. no one cares what kind of player he was few years ago. he's an all star player now so he should be playing like such in the playoffs, which he has miserably failed to do so for two years in a row.

20. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

On the back half since 14 GMs are listed. Which means Dah Gawd Murray is subpar to par at best, based on this recent year's roster.

Hey MOFs, don't come at me bruhs...I am merely presenting the voting results.