1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden: "Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players..."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sydeffect, Jul 23, 2014.

1. downbytheriver

You're clueless. We've seen how he's capable of playing, he just had a bad series. To even compare 3rd yr Harden to chandler means you don't get basketball. Does harden need to play better and smarter in the playoffs? Yes. Is he a role player like chandler is at his best? No.

2. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

No, he was a star that didn't play well. There's a big difference. Hurts your team more when a star is off his game.

Chandler could have an off night, and we could still win. Harden can have an off night, and the chances of us winning are pretty rough.

That's why I think we'll do MUCH better in the playoffs next year. Add Ariza a guy with playoff (and championship) experience to light a fire under these guys. Harden will come out with something to prove. No way losing like that doesn't motivate a guy.

3. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

James Harden got us into the playoffs in 2013. James Harden and Dwight Howard got us into the playoffs in 2014. James Harden and Dwight Howard will take us to the playoffs in 2015. However far we go depends on how the Rockets play as a team. You can be an amazing player, but if you got a terrible cast around you then you're not going to do anything.

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

That is the level he could always speak. His tones are horrible and painful.

5. Rocketfan_Dave

Rocketfan_Dave Contributing Member

Chandler says a lot of dumb stuff. No one is denying that. But people are talking about his priorities while defending harden on what is a terrible display of leadership. What harden should be doing is giving his all on both ends of the court and holding his teammates to the same standards. Not calling them pieces while expecting them to cover for him while he takes a nap on defense.

The bottom line. Regardless of what parsons said or how he signed the contract. Harden cared more about the money than staying on a contender. The only realistic difference here is parsons left for a decent team.

The double standard is rediculous.

Hope harden steps up next season.... Getting harder and harder to root for the guy.

6. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This thread is 44 pages? Good god.

7. Bandwagoner

[​IMG]

8. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

What Harden is saying has nothing at all to do with the money. Where on earth are you drawing that implication?

9. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I guess it depends on how you define role players (like that previous thread about defining star players), but it sounded a bit dismissive to say about teammates IMHO. Many thought we'd have the best starting lineup in the league w/ Bosh and Parsons, and that's not because Parsons is just some random, interchangeable name. I think it was a little passive aggressive by Harden.

That said Parsons also left some passive aggressive shots and should just move on, but more importantly his siblings should STFU. It always looks bad and makes things worse when spouses and family members chime in publicly. I get it might be frustrating but just look at the A-list athletes who got embarrassed in the past: Lebron's mom going after KG (IIRC) during a game, Gisele blaming Tom Brady's teammates in the Super Bowl, etc.

These celebrity/athlete beefs are stupid, better to let these things just blow over instead of trying to get the last word in and drawing it out.

10. beastlyball

beastlyball Member

I don't think there's anything wrong with what he said. His assessment of Harden is spot on. Harden is not a rookie, and from what we've seen so far he's gone backwards in term of his defense. It's not that I don't think he can't play defense its that he won't play defense.

Some of us have higher standards, and a 1st round exit isn't good enough.
    I can care less if Harden and Howard think they are the cornerstone, I just want them to go out there and perform. Harden so far has been Mr. Regular season, and a fat doughnut in the post.

11. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Harden should learn from the best SF in the series.

Seriously Chandler? I think he suffers from the same disease. If this rivalry didn't need anymore fuel, Parsons is definitely making sure everyone will tune in when the time comes. As much as I would have loved to have Parsons back the more and more he talks the more I am starting to be happy he isn't here.

He believes he is a superstar when he clearly is not. I don't think even if he gets better he will be on Dwight or Hardens level and sometimes you have to come to grips with it.

12. Rocketfan_Dave

I'm getting a kick out of this thread. All these people defending harden sounds a lot like the crazy LoFs.

Bottom line. Harden underperformed when it counted. He refused to play defense the entire season. AND while the series was on the line. People talking about what he's capable of is like the LoFs talking about how Jeremy should be the number 1 option because of linsanity.

13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Rockets ain't a decent team?

Harden is a max player who deserved max pay and Houston traded for him

Cp25 is a role player who didn't deserve max money but left for max money with a lesser team

14. Rocketfan_Dave

I was responding to a post about what it shows about chandlers priorities when he chose to leave Houston for more money and a more prominent role. I was pointed out how much hate parsons got for it when harden essentially did the exact same thing while he was in OKC

15. Abadfish

Abadfish Member

Long story short, Parsons is now the enemy. I say screw-em I hope he has the worst year he ever has and can never find the hoop again. Its about the jersey not the player.

1 person likes this.
  16. Bandwagoner

He just hasn't been given a fair chance playing only 36 and 37 minutes a game.

17. Rocketfan_Dave

Not when harden came over. The year before we missed the playoffs and lost dragic scola and Lowry. Most people thought we were lottery bound at the time. When harden left he came from a contender in OKC to a potential lottery team for more money and a chance to be the number 1 guy.

18. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

That's really not where the animosity is coming from. It's the way Chandler has acted since.

If Parsons had signed the offer sheet and left with a thanks for my time, but i needed to do what's best for my future, the issue wouldn't even be 1/3 what it is. And no Harden didn't complain about his role, he's even gone on the record saying the money was the issue, and considering there was a general feeling that OKC wanted that deal to trade him (he even offered to take less money in return for a trade kicker).

No they really are nothing alike.

19. Remii

Remii Member

Lol..

20. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Like 70% of the BBS has been acting like this. Its sad really.