1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden: "Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players..."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sydeffect, Jul 23, 2014.

1. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Chandler Parsons, Houston still love you. We appreciated you a lot here. We just couldn't match your offer. We would have matched the offer if Bosh signed here. But that did not happen. I hope you understand. I think its a bad move by Daryl Morey to allow you as RFA.

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

F*** Parsons.

1 person likes this.
  3. Mr Chuck Norris

Its the offseason bub

4. Mr Chuck Norris

A king sized **** you to Parsons BTW

5. Tdugs710

Tdugs710 Member

It's fun reading other people's takes on this story on other sites on the web. It's amazing how some human beings can function with such low levels of IQ. People legitimately think that Parsons is some sort of star in the making... LMAO

6. trer

trer Member

Here's the bottom line. A real leader does not cast his teammates in any kind of disrespectful light. Even if he didn't mean it that way, it will be perceived as negative to others. Most pro athletes work hard at their craft and were once the alpha males on their own college or high school teams. To be reduced to an interchangeable "role player" is diminishing, EVEN if it's true.

A real leader doesn't owe the media or anyone else asking ANYTHING. Forget the media. There's no need to be "real" or whatever with them. Just give them the company line. At least Harden has time to learn to be a better leader.

7. Nieto

Nieto Member

I was dying for a good five minutes.

8. quinnolivarez

quinnolivarez Member

It's fascinating how a guy who is fifth in the league in win shares, and 6th in win shares per 48min, is hated so much by his team's fanbase. Harden could never improve defensively and will still be a top 10 player in the league through his prime, and if he improves to average (which he isn't now), will be top 5 without question.

The constant derision of bonafide stars like Harden is a testament to the overall poor nature of Houston sports fandom, and is embarrassing.

1 person likes this.
  9. NotChandlerParsons

They should just shut up then.

10. mrm32

mrm32 Member

You must be the only one in Houston who still feels this way.

11. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

12. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Great point, well said.

13. BandAidMan

BandAidMan Member

You gotta win something in this town before people get off your back. If Harden wants to be revered all he has to do is step up in the playoffs.

14. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Wesley Mathew had more win shares than Harden in the Portland series. That's all the win shares I care about.

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I don't think I'm embarrassed by it. I think it's frustration with having decent paper-teams that never seem to pan out. It would be nice to not underachieve in post-season, for once in the last 20 years.

16. arjun

arjun Member

I think Harden's playoff performance has left a bad taste in everyone's mouth. People forget how money he was all season.

Let's hope he continues his improvement on both sides of the court and carries it into the playoffs next season.

17. Rocketfan_Dave

Rocketfan_Dave Contributing Member

Bottom line. Harden felt like he deserved more money. Refused the contract to get more money on another.

Like parsons.

18. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

**** Parsons #EntitledBitch looks to be trending

19. LiveEatSleepRox

It's not like Harden called his teammates scrubs or something like that. Pieces might sound bad if taken out of context, but when he calls himself a 'cornerstone' what else do you put around it if not 'pieces'?

He also called them 'role players' which is what every single successful NBA team is pretty much built upon. The Spurs last season, had such GREAT role players that one of them ended up winning the Finals MVP. Leonard isn't and wasn't part of the 'Big 3', but played a huge part in winning by being an amazing 'role player'.

Now, if you had the best player in the league and two all-stars you could build a team mainly consisting of actual scrubs and still win the Eastern Conference Finals, a la Miami.

All in all I like the way that Howard and Harden are approaching this, they want the responsibility and aren't hiding away from it. They know with all these interviews / quotes that it'll all be on them this coming season, whether we rise or fall. It shows they have a set of testicles at least.

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Still different circumstances in how he was acquired (specifically, he didn't sign in a club on the first day of free agency and post grinning pics on Twitter... or if he did, I'm not aware of it. :))

Did he also say something like: he was "the best ____ in the playoff series", at some point?