1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden: "Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players..."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sydeffect, Jul 23, 2014.

1. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

I can't stand Kobe, but he's made the NBA-All Defense team 12 times, Magic Led the NBA is steals a couple of times, and Larry Legend made the NBA-All Defense team multiple times as well.....I'm not really sure where you were going with this, but I don't think you made it all the way there....:grin:

1 person likes this.
  2. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

I don't see this kinda attitude and confidence in the playoff from harden... all talk during offseason, psheesh

3. NotChandlerParsons

They had plenty of attitude in the playoffs, before the Blazers bounced them in 6 anyway.

4. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Jordan used to trash his team mates so badly he would break them.

5. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Harden has not said anything after the loss of Parsons, likely someone like Morey asked him to speak something. Overall, he is one of two team leaders.

6. gregas

gregas Member

LOL, right. Why treat a human being with a shred of decency and humanity, when they're so clearly inferior to you. We should even get rid of the little annoyances like their last name on the back of the jerseys. To much irrelevant information to remember.

7. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

#387 dc rock, Jul 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  8. qetwr111

qetwr111 Member

Are you comparing Harden to MJ?

9. Nook

Nook Member

Again... clueless.....

Here are just a few gems for you from the greatest player in the last 50 years... Michael Jordan...

"Power forward? Maybe they should call it powerless forward.” – Michael ripping teammate Stacey King

"I don't see anyone covering my back as everyone probably expected me to cover theirs,"

“I hate being out there with those garbagemen. They don’t get you the ball.”

“He can’t do anything with the ball. Don’t give it to him.” – Michael yelling at Paxson who passed the ball to Perdue

“You ever hear of a guy, six-eleven maybe and two hundred sixty pounds, a guy big and fat like that and he can’t get but two rebounds, if that many, running all over the damn court and he gets two rebounds? Big guy like that and he gets one rebound. Can’t even stick his ass into people and get more than that…Big, fat, fat guy. One rebound in three games. Power forward. Maybe they should call it powerless forward.” – Michael ripping Stacey King a new one

“He was scared in there and panicking. He just lost it when Stockton scored.” – Michael on B.J. Armstrong’s mental fragility

“…I call them ‘the Looney Tunes.’ Physically, they were the best. Mentally, they weren’t even close.”

“He’s scared. He’s got no heart…Nobody told me that. If I had spoken up, he wouldn’t have been here.”

“I know I can recognize what to do, but I’m not sure they can.”

“It’s a hell of a lot easier to make Earl Monroe look good than it is Brad Sellers.”

“I hope there’s a jumpshot in there.” – Michael to Stacey King who was walking into the locker room with a box

“They don’t need a ticket to watch you sitting on the bench. They can go to your house for that.” – Michael to Charles Davis who was sorting through his tickets for his family and friends

“Give me the fu*king ball.” – Michael to Doug Collins who drew up a play for Dave Corzine

“I hate when I have to read that in the papers the next day, that I couldn’t do something. It wasn’t my fault.”

“You’re an idiot. You’ve screwed up every play we ever ran. You’re too stupid to even remember the plays. We ought to get rid of you.” – Michael to Horace Grant

“If you [pass the ball to Bill Cartwright], you’ll never get the ball from me.”

“We’re not winning because of talent. We’re just beating bad teams.”

“Headache tonight, Scottie?” – Michael asks Scottie, while showing him his 2-for-16 line

“It’s probably a twelve-day. He needs two days to wake up.” – Michael on a ten-day contract teammate

“Five more years and I’m out of here. I’m marking these days on a calendar, like I’m in jail. I’m tired of being used by this organization, by the league, by the writers, by everyone.”

“Your boy doesn’t want to play. I’m tired of bailing his ass out.” – Michael yelling at Jim Cleamons about Dennis Hopson

“I don’t know about trading a 24 year-old guy for a 34 year-old guy.” – Michael questioning the Oakley trade

“He’s causing me too many turnovers.” – Michael on Cartwright’s inability to catch

“Why the hell don’t you ever set a pick like that in a game?” – Michael yelling at Perdue after also hitting Perdue upside his head (led to the institution of the private curtain for practices)

SO.... TELL ME... DO I NEED TO DO THE SAME FOR MAGIC JOHNSON?

10. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Kobe has called out his teammates PLENTY of times along with Jordan.

11. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

star players sell seat, role players get you to the playoff, something harden fail to understand.

12. Nook

Nook Member

He didn't question their humanity or treat them with indecency at all.

13. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Man, some of you are dramatic. LOL.

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Fair point, but what Harden said isn't wrong. It wasn't very tactful of him, but I can't say it's worth any criticism.

15. qetwr111

qetwr111 Member

You're comparing the GOAT to a guy who got owned by Wesley Matthews.

16. Nook

Nook Member

First off, Harden didn't call out his own teammates either...... and yeah... Jordan, Kobe, Magic, Barkley, Shaq and many many others did call out their own teammates.

17. gregas

gregas Member

No, no, he just spoke of their replaceability and irrelevance in the big picture. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

18. jackycool

jackycool Member

I don't think that is a sound comparison...

19. Nimo

Nimo Member

Even though we know it is true; it sounds weird coming from him. Don't you want your "leader" to make all the role players feel that they are very important pieces to the process. Noone is above the team.

20. rokit

rokit Member

You can laugh all you want but he's saying the truth.