1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden: "Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players..."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sydeffect, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Silly me, I thought it was because they have three first ballot Hall of Famers that have played together for a decade an one of the two greatest coaches in NBA history. Thanks for setting me straight, good to know it is because Harden referred to his teammates as "pieces".

2. jkckwong

jkckwong Member

1st cornerstone: not respecting teammates; horrible defense; iso plays; over 50% passing the ball at the last 3 seconds; can't make other players play better.

2nd cornerstone: can't create shots by himself; no mid-range, horrible FT%.

Coaching: outplayed by other teams last season; a lot to improve this season.

Starting PG: very solid defense but low assists.

I am not so optimistic as the Beard.

3. okeezie

okeezie Member

I guess you guys were happy when Kevin Martin was our best player and Luis Scola was 2nd. We have the best SG in basketball who is 24 years old. He had a bad series. It happens. He also hit numerous game winning and game tying shots this year as well. There are 5-10 people in the world that have Harden and Dwight's talent. 25 teams or so would give up anything on their roster to get their hands on Harden and all we do is b**** about this or that. Players this good dont grow on trees and we should appreciate the talent Howard and Harden have. Carl Herrera, your act is old. Harden aint going anywhere. Unless LeBron is coming (he aint) there is not another perimeter player Harden will be traded for (OKC is not trading Durant for Harden when they traded him to us to start with).

4. ColdspringX

ColdspringX Member

pieces worked their asses off to clean up ur **** in the defensive end.

5. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

[​IMG]

6. Pokito1120

Pokito1120 Member

Dwight Howard and Harden both need media training. Even though its true its something you just cant say, or at least word it differently.

7. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

[​IMG]

I found a picture of Harden being a cornerstone on D

8. YallMean

YallMean Member

Harden, show it in the playoff.

9. Cypress

Cypress Member

Well damn he don't have to be so blunt goddddddddddddddddddddamn lol.

10. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

he's right though. who's going to step up and prove him wrong?

11. cxdom

cxdom Rookie

Harden needs to grow up. These comments mirror his playing style. He is a tremendous player but he does not elevate his teammates. Look out for Parsons and Lin to have better seasons without Harden.

12. JazzLakerHater

I actually love Harden's comments. If you want to be the man you better have that killer attitude.

13. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I've learned a lot from this thread. For those keeping score at home here we go:

To be a cornerstone piece of a team you need to be an on task defender. Somebody should tell KB24 on that one.
    The spurs are successful purely because they have the "right" attitude.
    A six game playoff series is enough to write off a player.

We got some good stuff here. Keep it going.

14. bonny1

bonny1 Member

yea, you are just someone outplayed by Wesley Matthews

15. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Original Quote
    Manipulated Quote by OP
    I see what you did there. You added "just" and struck the part about "pieces that complete our team", despite the fact that Harden placed emphases on the pieces completing our team. Way to take a seemingly harmless quote and spin it.

This is worse than a game of telephone. You don't even get paid to write these headlines.

1 person likes this.
  16. cxdom

cxdom Rookie

Killer attitude? You need to have that attitude towards your opposition. This is the type of attitude that destroys chemistry. Do you think Tim Duncan would say something like that? If the Rockets want to win a championship they need one of their young players to step up and become more then just a role player and Hardens attitude and comments will make that difficult to happen.

17. Nivos

Nivos Member

Oh man, did you have to say that? Its like Morey was speaking out of your mouth.
    Come on, these guys really make it hard for me to like this team.
    A team is a team, 5 players t-o-g-e-t-h-e-r.
    I thought that someone has learned his lesson from the spurs or from the hero ball that lost Portland.
    And I really thought Harden was one of the good guys...

Shame on you Bearded one, apologize to your team mates.

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Kobe got worse as a defender in his old age. He was a plus or neutral defender when the team was winning and contending for titles both with Shaq and with Gasol. Kobe did "conserve energy" on D during the season-- partly because the extra wear and tear from going deep into the playoffs often-- but he never reached the level of laughable incompetence and lack of effort that Harden showed.

People kept on talking about Harden being only 24 years old. Why is a 24-year-old defending like an old man?

19. okeezie

okeezie Member

You guys act like Harden is incapable of playing D. He was known for good defense in OKC and was the designated defender for LeBron and Kobe. He needs to play with better effort but he has the tools to be an above average defender when he takes it serious. It's overblown. I'm sure by now he knows he needs to play better D. This is beating a dead horse. No games have been played since you criticized him last and none will be played before you criticize him again. Like I said, your act is old.

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

That's almost a Drexlerism.

The only thing missing from that quote is Harden doing the Drexler laugh after, laughing at his own awkward joke.

“The rest of the guys are role players or pieces that complete our team. Haha...haha"