1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden called the last PnR play for Dwight and Lin to get Lin his 1st triple-double

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by flamingdts, Feb 1, 2014.

1. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Member

Some of you are unbelievable, really.

ETA: LOF/LOH issues aside, this board would be so much more pleasant if everybody who was convinced Harden is a selfish, injury-faking monster out to inhibit his teammates' success would go find another team to pretend to root for. Seriously.

2. heypartner

heypartner Member

so tell me. what was your purpose of that post. Why not just not post.

do you not see that your post just fuels what you are trying to stop. How old are you. Just stop.

Of course, you won't listen to a post like this...because you will be compelled to respond to my post.

see?

3. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

There are no Lin haters...only fans who have pushed to insanity by a portion of Lin fans who think the world is out to get the Asian version of Jordan.

4. Hous-TO-n

Hous-TO-n Member

The world is not circle around you
    There are Lin haters.

5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Member

Last time I checked, this was a board for Rockets' fans. Anybody with eyes who watched that game could see that the guys on the floor -- including Harden -- made a concerted effort to help Lin towards the goal. Hell, even the official Rockets' twitter account took notice of Harden trying hard to get Lin the last assist when he immediately took that off-balance 3 prior to the PnR that got him there. For me, it was an amazing thing to watch and the sort of thing that reaffirms my love for this team. Similar to the way everybody on the floor tried to get DMo involved on every single play when he got his first 2-3 minutes of PT in garbage time. Similar to the way everybody on the floor tried to get T. Jones the ball -- even when it was ill-advised -- to try and get him to 40. So for multiple people to come in here and insinuate that Harden called the play due to the pressure of the crowd and fear of being booed out of the arena, rather than to being the kind of teammate we've seen these guys be all season -- yes, I take offense to that. And I will speak up every time.

6. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Not only is that first statement grammatically incorrect (which I let slide because I understand people who have a first language other then English use the Internet), but it clearly doesn't apply to anything I said. I am commenting on what is posted here. I don't see anyone who hates Lin.

Lin fans like to perceive there are Lin haters because it means those Lin fans can ignore anything negative said about Lin and dismiss it as blind hate.

Nobody hates Lin. People point out Lin's flaws as a response to nutty Lin fans (not all are nutty). The fans who think Lin is the key to this team being Champs, that the entire world including his own coaches and teammates are out to hold him back. People who will take a great game by Beverly and because he didn't score he must have played like crap.

7. Hous-TO-n

Hous-TO-n Member

You simply need to calm down until the next threads when
    lin is playing poor.

accept it or suck it or trade him

8. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Come back when you can articulate a thought. You also need to learn to judge tone in someone's writing.

Accept it: I don't have to accept anything, it is you who needs to accept. Accept that Beverly is the starter, accept that Lin is a good player and not a great player. Accept that there is no conspiracy against Jeremy Lin.

Suck it: No idea what you are trying to say.

Trade him: I am not the GM, but if Lin does get traded it will be a happy day because the Basketball IQ of the message board will make a massive jump upward with the nutty Lin fans gone.

9. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

yawn, ok cool story. everyone who didn't respond to those posters obviously agrees with them :rolleyes:

10. Razsan

Razsan Member

I don't think there are Lin haters but there are certainly those that revel when Lin has a bad game, mainly as a "I told you so" to Lin fans.

11. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Member

Because it's about Lin fans, not Lin. So, in essence, Lin-fan haters and not LOH.

12. Crunchyball

Crunchyball Rookie

lol, with the whole TC cheering LIN LIN LIN , just imagine if Harden went iso ball. hahaha . I would love to see that.

13. TheJet

TheJet Member

Amazing. I was joking around when I posted about the fans controlling the plays. Hyperbole folks. This happens on every team. If a player is near a milestone or personal record it's quite common for his team to make an effort for him to get the record. Why is it so hard to give credit to Harden and the rest of the team for clearly making this effort? It's obvious these guys support each other. No matter how much we try to read between the lines and create drama where there is none I see camaraderie out there every game. There may be spats and misunderstandings but these guys are going to war with each other. That means something.

Anyone who's been part of a serious team in any sport knows exactly what I'm talking about. It's almost like a family, for the good and bad.

14. Remii

Remii Member

Harden is out of OKC where they didn't do that. They don't put their personal agendas ahead of the team and KD and Westbrook never complained about the ball being sticky with Harden in the media. But Parsons and others have been talking about it in the media going back to last year.

15. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

that was a big reason for how his underdog story started...

how he was looked over time and again....

in a NBA culture where he dosent look the right part...

16. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Member

If it doesn't apply to you, keep it moving. Simple.

17. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

That was HP's and my point to you.

18. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

What Harden did for Lin was a nice gesture, and Howard made a pretty nice shot to get that 10th assist. It wasn't an easy play. Harden gets criticism at times for his leadership and occasional selfishness because he has an inscrutable demeanor and is a ball dominant player.

19. Grigori

Grigori Member

So, what you are saying is that Harden wasn't motivated by Lin's interest, but Harden's own: He didn't want to be hated and considered a selfish hack.

Well, sure, I'll buy that.

20. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Member

I've said what I had to say. Not sure what your issue is, but you got it.