1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden apologises and admits forcing out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Feb 12, 2021.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

hypocrisy on cf's???

[​IMG]

hakeem94 and DatRocketFan like this.
  2. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I'm talking about Tilman (with Harden's support) forcing Morey to trade CP3 for Westbrook. You seem to think that's "fake news" despite it being the most logical conclusion. Why is it the most logical conclusion? Because I don't think Tilman would've approved the trade if both Morey and Harden were against it, Harden/Westbrook were friends (at the time), and Harden/CP3 were on bad terms (at the time).

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

How are y'all still mad? Gtf over it already. Writing was on the wall for a while before this season.

bmelo, Reeko, hakeem94 and 1 other person like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

you keep saying the same thing. It isn't that logical and you've already been told why it isn't. but you continue to believe what you want to believe because it's convenient to what you yourself think. which is fake news and all of your silly assumptions

HP3 likes this.
  5. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

I don't understand how a lot of people from this forum are mad at Harden.

Didn't you guys want Harden to leave in the first place? That his isolation game was ruining our team and that you would rather see passing and moving but losing basketball?

6. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Your reasoning was "because it wasn't explicitly stated".

That's not remotely close to a good reason. Only a fool takes everything at face value.

7. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I don't care that he left. I care that he torpedoed our immediate future (the CP3/Westbrook trade) and then left when it didn't work out.

Losing basketball is fine if it leads to good draft picks. The CP3/Westbrook trade ruined that possibility.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

appreciate the apology from Harden, but I rolled on right passed the video.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

apparently only a fool takes what tilman says at face value. looks like tilman has you fooled for sure

once again this "everything" has nothing to do with anything and just speaks towards your weak agenda. fake news supporter.

my reasoning is based on actual facts. your reasoning is based on your silly gimmick assumptions. in which case, means absolutely nothing no matter how many times you want to repeat it

HP3 likes this.
  10. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Harden doesn't make the signings, the owner and the GM does. Harden may mention some names, but he doesn't have the final say who we sign.

Looking back at it.... CP3 was a 34-year-old injury-prone player who was on 40m a year. We traded for a much younger guy which could have potentially been a better trade for us (he was a former MVP who knows how to score). It's easy to say it didn't work out after the fact.

And Harden wanted to leave way before he did, but Tilman left it late for some unknown reason. If anything, Tilman lost value on Harden because he left it too late.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Did you want TMac to apologize for getting microfracture surgery and putting the final nail in his career? I still don't get the spin on that one. TMac didn't force out because he wanted out of Houston. His career was over. His knee was done. Adelman wanted him to play sore on load management, he elected to get surgery (and lost the bet on himself). We traded him because he was damaged goods. He handled it badly and was a diva just like Harden, but there was never a world in which Mac turns things around in Houston. He went from a $23.3M 25-7-5 player to a $1.3M 8-3-3 player after that. 4 teams punted him around (including the Spurs signing him for $80K) and then he was out.

If there's a grudge against Mac there should be a grudge against Harden. (Or better yet... neither.) Crap happened and we have to rebuild. Franchise > player.

#91 napalm06, Feb 12, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
  12. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Agreed. By the way, you realize that you're the one taking Tilman's words at face value, right?

13. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Lots of fresh, new and exciting takes on the Harden situation I see.

14. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Don't be naïve. If Tilman wants something, and Harden supports it, do you really think Morey can refuse?

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Ever notice how fat Harden is?

harold bingo, hakeem94 and HP3 like this.
  16. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Then it's not Harden's fault that Morey has no balls.

Tilman is the reason we're in this mess, not Harden. Harden didn't ask to sign players like House, Rivers, McLemore, Cousins and the other rubbish he's played alongside.

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Peanut Gallery: "How fat is he?!"

Dr of Dunk: "He is so fat..."

18. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

The thing about him saying he didn’t like to score 40 per night to win is bs. He ran the offense the way both him and Dantoni wanted and worth the guys he and Morey went out and got.

And the thing is, there was a new coach and a new GM doing different things and getting different pieces so he didn’t have to play that way.

But yet his top two destination choices were with the GM who he helped build those rosters with and with a team where the lead assistant was the head coach and whose actual head coach was his protege.

Harden is full of ****. It would be better if he just came out and said, “the guys I felt comfortable with were gone in Morey and dantoni....I didn’t really know this franchise anymore and I wanted to be in a situation with other superstars to have a better chance at a ring”

Bit stop with the bs about having to score 40 a night to have a chance to win. He sounds like such a p***y saying that.

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

"He jumped for joy and got stuck..."

Heyooooo ...

DeBeards and HP3 like this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

nah, you're just that naive and didn't get it. to no suprise