1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden and Paul should not have flopped in the second half

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Apr 29, 2019.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, I can see the point here, when shots aren't working, but you can't win a game, with GSWs getting to do whatever they want. If Houston did this to Curry it'd be a flagrant on some of those fouls, if the series is going to be called like it was in the 1st half alone, they might as well just end it in a sweep, instead of artificially extending it to 6 games.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Is the only offense this team can generate are step back threes?

If that's the case, that is a systemic problem with the lack of variety with our offense more so than refs.

CCity Zero likes this.
  3. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Sorry I didn't see this before, I don't disagree, but I also don't think it's going to matter. Harden could switch up on better scoring but I think even doing that, they're still going to be be allowed to jump into him (I'm also not talking about the ones where Harden tried to sell it, but more the 1st half).

fchowd0311 likes this.
  4. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, game 3 Utah showed a bit of this for sure, I just would like the refs to call it the same on both sides at a minimum. The Warriors really don't need any extra help.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

People constantly trying to protect the Refs and the League
    and
    Always trying to find a way to Blame our players

Then want to call themselves "Rocket Fans" and that "they just trying to be honest"
    No . . .you not trying to be honest .. .you doing exactly what we think you are doing

Russian bots. . . go away

Rocket River

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I saw someone said HARDEN NEEDS THE REFS and DURANT DOESN'T
    yet Durant got more Free Throws than Harden and they had around the same amount of points

Rocket River

luckyman76, bro2044, juanm34 and 2 others like this.
  7. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Where was that at?

8. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

As much as I love both of these guys, this is like telling them not to breath. They have learned how to be savvy and draw fouls so that is difficult to all of a sudden unlearn just because refs start to call a game differently than they have in the past 87 games. They have to play their game (put the onus on the refs) and IMO that means taking the ball to the rack more especially when Draymond is their center. He is good at contesting but Harden has learned how to score on him. It will be much easier for Harden to hit his floater over Draymond than it was Gobert.

We have got to challenge them at the rim more and get Harden going before we jack up 50 3 p's a game. Paul needs to be more aggressive looking for his shot, especially his mid range jumper. He will need to score 20+ on low turnovers for us to win this series.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

lol, the same problem that made him the greatest scorer in modern nba history.

midrange morons never die

jordnnnn likes this.
  10. SamFisher

you are putting on the stepback 3 of stupid with this unguardable sequence - I will leave you to it.

11. fchowd0311

He isn't the greatest scorer in modern NBA history. Durant is a better scorer. Kawhi is arguably a better scorer. He definitely is in the playoffs. Curry is a better scorer.

Harden is the best scorer given specific conditions. Those other players are better scorers that rely less on gimmicks.

12. SamFisher

Amount of 36 ppg seasons by all 3 players combined:

juanm34 likes this.
  13. SamFisher

conditions = nba basketball

You're just being a b**** now - its not entertaining. Do something else.

luckyman76, jordnnnn and Jake Tower like this.
  14. fchowd0311

Imagine having this narrative in your head when the greatest Rocket of all time INCREASED his efficiency in the playoffs and is a large part of why he considered an all time top 10 player.

NBA legacies aren't created in the regular season. Harden not being able to replicate his scoring success into the playoffs is a severe detriment to his legacy. He ain't going to be considered in the same convo as other players who scored 35ppg or more in a regular season because those other players dominated in the playoffs.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  15. Voltik

Voltik Member

Curry, Durant, and Kawhi can’t be called the best scorers when they have each other to rely on. Kawhi is in the east, whose season just started in the 2nd round! He didn’t even play much in the regular season. That should tell you about his team and players. Sit Harden this year and we don’t even make the playoffs in the West.

We are a good team that just needs to shoot better and defend a little better. We will get better at least on defense with new players getting experience and have that same variance on offense due to the system not from our superstar. I didn’t have the same opinion 2 years ago, but this year and last year have been very special for Harden and the Rockets. If refs call it even remotely fair, we are repeating this year.

bro2044 and snowconeman22 like this.
  16. fchowd0311

Conditions = dependent on subjective calls.

17. fchowd0311

Harden would be a worse scorer in a GSW system. That isn't his game. His game isn't the type of a game the thrives with another superstar scorer in their prime. He's useless when the ball isn't in his hand.

He can only thrive when he's pounding the air out of the ball and hopes the refs buy in to his foul baits. That's when he's the best scorer in the league.

18. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I just think harden and Paul gave their haters more ammo .

The spotlight was on the refs, but by trying to draw fouls in the second half ... our guys legitimized the argument that they make it tough for officials to know when they are acting

JBAC123 likes this.
  19. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I'm pretty sure he's a 40 percent spot up shooter from 3 .

IMO that's MDA's fault for not utilitizng his full skillseg

Voltik likes this.
  20. Voltik

Voltik Member

You aren’t a true Rockets fan, if you don’t understand why the Rockets play the way they do. It’s not necessarily all Harden, yes he’s good 1on1 player. You can’t beat Olympic caliber team by playing the same way as them, the personnel aren’t there pound for pound. You take their weakness and beat them using a refined strength. The Warriors have 5-6 all stars who can all defend in multiple ways except Curry. We have 2 all stars. We can still beat them if the game is called *more* fairly. Think about that...or don’t if you aren’t a Rockets fan.