1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden and Howard how does it end?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by K-Low_4_Prez, Jul 9, 2013.

?

How good can they be?

1. No deep playoff runs

6 vote(s)
    8.6%
  2. One championship

22 vote(s)
    31.4%
  3. Multiple championships

29 vote(s)
    41.4%
  4. Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5 not six...

13 vote(s)
    18.6%
  1. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I know it's EARLY! But go out on a limb! what will the duos legacy be? And this is stricty in terms of number of playoff victories and championships.

1. T-Mac & Yao - thought to be the perfect match, heck sometimes they were but never got to to the big one or even make a deep playoff run.

2. Clyde & Hakeem - unite together for One magical Championship run, were great together and go down as Houston heroes!

3. Kobe & Shaq - start a dynasty, be the best team for a duration of time, go down as all time greats!

4. Jordan & Pippen - go absolutely bonkers and one if not both of them is being compared as the greatest ever and they are forever remembered as legends of the game!

2. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

pippen...greatest ever?

does not compute.

thread has failed.

3. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

multiple titles

4. Vega_281

Vega_281 Member

I think they win at least 1, if Morey improves the roster with good role players, then multiple rings.

5. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Had to throw in Jordan cause he is the
    Measure at which every player at least in my opinion is judged on at least in terms of winning and competitiveness (shouts out to Bill Russell) and well Pippen was his longest running mate, he is not an all time great player but he is at least a top 30 all time NBA player which is pretty damn good

6. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Here is my response to this
    **** scottie pippen

Never Forget! :mad:

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

I'd put the over/under at one championship IF they stay together for the rest of Dwight's career. That's assuming we don't add a third star player, which would obviously increase the odds of winning it all.

Guys, it's really tough to win an NBA championship. Hakeem is in the conversation for best big man of all time, and he only won two of 'em.

Wouldn't shock me in the least if Dwight/Harden don't win one in the next 3 years, Dwight opts out, and goes somewhere else. Not saying that's gonna be the case, but there's a strong possibility of something like that happening.

Also wouldn't shock me if we won two championships in the next 4 years, although that would be an unlikely outcome barring the acquisition of a third star.

8. Brutaldiego88

Brutaldiego88 Member

Well said!

9. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

Let it begin first.

10. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

2014 NBA Playoffs (Rockets finish 4th)
    Houston Def. (#5) Golden State 4-2
    Houston Def. (#1) Oklahoma City 4-3
    Houston Def. (#6) Memphis 4-1
    Houston Def. (#1) Miami 4-2

2015 NBA Playoffs (Houston finishes 2nd)
    Houston Def. (#7) Denver 4-0
    Houston Def. (#6) Los Angeles Lakers 4-1
    Houston Def. (#1) San Antonio 4-3
    Houston Def. (#2) Chicago 4-2

We then proceed to get swept in the '16 Playoffs by the Los Angeles Clippers, then trade away all of our 2/5 of our starters and our good role players for Dirk Nowtizki.

11. dudeimfromhtown

i think tmac and yao coulda got us a championship if they were healthy

12. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

A few deep playoff runs. 1 NBA Finals appearance, 2 WCF appearances, and 2 second round exits (1st one being this season). It will take a lot of luck, but we may get an NBA championship in year 2 or 3 if one of these 2 happen:

1) Everyone is healthy, and we get another great player.
    2) The Heat get old in year 3 and the Thunder are injured.