1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden - and how to build a championship team around him

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Feb 11, 2016.

1. dmoneybangbang

Lou Williams all day baby. He has been proven to be a 6th man on a playoff team (Toronto with another top PG), a good scorer on another playoff team (ATL with Teague) and has proven to be a top scorer on a bad team (Sixers).

His contract his good and the Lakers are in a position to need to suck very bad (owe a top 3 protected to the Sixers for this season and next) or get a rid of a contract for free agents (Lawson).

2. dmoneybangbang

^^^

Rox's backcourt

Bev/Lou Williams
    Harden/Thornon/KJ Mcdaniels

3. Caesar

Caesar Member

Once again, what??

Are you using Google Translate for English to Mandarin? Lost in translation.

4. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Harden is more efficient than Bryant ever was, so it's good that he controls the ball a lot. Not sure why Lawson was acquired to begin with actually unless it was to run the second unit.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

There was literally never a single moment in time where Ty Lawson was regarded as a Top 7 PG.

6. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

First of all the hest are nothing special they have a lot of talent that has been together for a while and their record is what 2 games better than ours? You get real bro

Secondly whiteside is a negative on the court he's a poor defender and the heat are a better team when he's off the court that speaks volumes about his on court contributions.

He is a nice shot blocker but he's giving up more points than his blks are preventing. He's one of the worst pick n roll big defenders in the league.

I used the 4 year 10mil as me basically saying I wouldn't want him on my team. Theres a reason pat Riley who know what he's doing is not going to pay him max.

And yes I would rather have dwight for 18-20m over 4 years than whiteside at the same price.

Dwights avg 55 wins a year every since he got here. We know that him and harden can work.

And yes I would like to see a pf start for our team for the first time all year and see what happens. I don't think this team is as bad as their playing right now. Which keep in mind is about the same as almost every team in the east besides the top 2.

Dmo can shoot 3s and knows how to play team defense. I'm curious to see what it brings to the team. Maybe it won't work but I'd rather try it than sign whiteside to the max in a league that is moving further away from players like him.

Whiteside avg 4blk a game and yet the heat are worse defensivly with him on the court.

What does that tell you? He's impact is not that great.

7. valorita

valorita Member

Harden needs to have a PG that is more alpha dog than him so that James can be the secondary playmaker and primary scorer.
    That is the real answer and why the ceiling is higher if you have a rubio beside harden vs Beverly.

8. nono

nono Member

There are 6 players in the league better than Harden. Only way is to get one of those players on the team to make Harden the secondary player. Rubio won't do ****. In critical possessions it'll still be Harden isoing.

9. nono

nono Member

Basically the Rockets are screwed for as long as Harden is on the team, good as he is.

10. valorita

valorita Member

Critical plau isos or high pick and roll with someone like dmo is fine.
    Its overusing that in the entire game and making Harden the primary playmaker and scorer that is faultly and asking him to do too much and results in 10 turnovers.
    You don't have to be better than him to earn his respect and have him relinquish the ball. Lowry, Wall, Paul, Rubio are all classic pgs with alpha personalities that would mesh.

11. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I don't get what ppl don't understand, You nailed it right on the head.

Ppl want to make harden the 2nd option but if harden is the 2nd option that means you have KD, curry,lebron or Westbrook on the team and that's just not happening and it doesn't have to in order to get us to the 55-60 win tane again.

The guy has been The lead dog on 54 and 56 win teams the last two years.

If you get a kyrie Irving, Kyle Lowry type guy that's really all you need.

Klay thompson would look filthy next to harden for example.

Hardens avg 29/8/7 on 44/46/88 shooting the past 14 games. He's playing at mvp level again. I don't think your going to find any players that are going to outshine him and making the 2nd option.

But a certified Allstar level player who can shoot the 3 and create for hinself would do wonders. I mean parsons wasn't even that good and look at how good our offense was with him doing that. Plug in Lowry and it would be even deadlier.

Looking back on it we were all fooled with ty Lawson we all should have seen that he's just not on that level and really isn't that good, especally if you want him to be your 2nd offensive weapon on a contender.

Morey needs to get a certified Allstar level player at the 1-2-3 positions. It won't matter because harden can play with any of them.

Harden and klay would be an awsome backcourt same with Jimmy butler. They all play the same position but harde is more like lebron type playmaker were he doesn't need to play with a real pg.

12. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He was considered top 10...with upside.

13. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Not a stretch at all. Rondo last yr vs Lawson, are you kidding? Ever how you want to phrase or dress it up, Ty Lawson was a all star calibet player before playing with the Rockets. Notice how Rondo looks like Rondo again? I wonder why?

14. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I'm guessing you missed the high turnover rate of the guy handling the ball. He's not even 2:1 turnover ratio. So ,there was a valid reason to get a playmaking all star caliber pg like Lawson. Harden has been a to machine in the playoffs when possessions are like gold.

15. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

What the hell you talking about rondo averaging 12-7-12

16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Can you please stop referring to Lawson as all star caliber?

17. Mr Chuck Norris

Will they get 200

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

leebigez,

There are literally no Denver Nuggets fans who thought Lawson was all-star caliber last year. The entire city gave up on him, considered him a ball stopper (far from true PG) and a lockerroom cancer. His stats were due to showcasing him last year, to suit both his wants and the team. And Rockets fans like you fell for those stats without really watching him play. Since Nugs are my local team, I watch them a lot. He was not about winning last year...not close. We should just toss those stats out the window.

And remember, no other team in the NBA would give anything for him. Denver pretty much gave him to us, so we'd pay his salary for them.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

But there will be no championship for efficiency....

I wonder if there is a future Shaq or Gasol to play with Harden and if they can win

20. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

I can't understand why and how you guys figure that any of the pg's you just named would be able to work along side Harden.

Harden has to have control, the players you named also have to have control... It would not work.

This is not 2k or any other video... Harden chooses to do the things that he does and then complains...

T_Man