1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden and Evan Turner kissing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ScolaIsBallin, Mar 8, 2014.

1. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/X-NTSc04FHA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LMAO, Evan Turner is a fake tough guy

2. Rockets25

Rockets25 Member

He only pushed Harden when other guys were near to break it up.

3. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

On a side-note to the kissing incident..Why does every commentator give David West such praise when he shows up next to a fight/brawl? Is he like the Mike Tyson of the NBA?

4. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I am wondering that as well. Now Ron Artest (I can't call him MWP) I can understand but David West?

5. bmd

bmd Member

Because he's big and talks trash so announcers think other players are scared of him lol. Players aren't scared of him or anybody. Mario Chalmers last year in the ECF stepped up to his face to talk trash and then Haslem stepped in and got in West's face.

Larry Sanders pushed David West in the face when West got in his face.

Players aren't scared of him. Announcers think players should be scared of him for some strange reason.

6. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

only reason is because david west is a amateur boxer in the offseason..so yeah he can fight..but why was he after T jones?.. He mad cuz he was getting worked over

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I assume its because he's really strong and he's an aggressive, physical post player

8. Rockets0515

Rockets0515 Member

Pretty sure he is a big boxer in the offseason. I wouldnt want anyone on the rockets trying to tangle with West thats for sure.

9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I saw no one run from David West. Dwight Howard would destroy West and they dont want no parts of Asik. Hibbert I would run from though, lol.

10. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I don't understand why the commentator and JVG making david west a tough guy, does he have history or something, Dwight Howard would destroy the **** out of West if you ask me.

11. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Tyler prefers Ron too... "OHHHH!! Ron my bad"

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xftrwZRQspY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. YYYY1313

YYYY1313 Member

There is something to be said for someone that trains to box.

13. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

David West boxes in the offseason. Apparently he is good. Nobody in the nba should be trying to start a fight with David West...it will end badly for them. Amateur boxer > 3 fights in entire life.

14. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Thanks to everyone who responded to my question about David West!

Apparently it wouldn't be a good idea to get in the ring with him, but this is not boxing nor are they inside of a ring. Whenever you get into a fight, it really is no holds barred, and if you're like me, I don't wait to counter punch, at least that's how I was when I was younger and still acted a fool! Besides in a fight where there are several people involved (team) you can get sucker punched in no time flat and all your boxing skills go down the toilet! I personally don't like it when he runs to the scene acting like he's some type of enforcer, it's only a matter of time and someone is going to put some enforcing on him!

#14 BamBam, Mar 8, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  15. ricdose

ricdose New Member

1) Most street fight starts with punches. If one is a good boxer, he has the advantage when punches are thrown, especially if he can hit real hard. Tito Ortiz found that out, the hard way, when he got into Lennox Lewis's face. 2) If one is a good boxer, they are not affected when hit by people who do not box. Why? Because, most people who don't box (even in the martial arts realm) don't know how throw deadly punches, like boxers do. So, all cheap shots usually do is piss off a boxer...Example: When I used to box, I got cheap shotted by a college 220lb linebacker. He hit me from behind. The look on his face was priceless when I turned around and wen t right as his punk @ss... 3) Do you seriously think that all boxers do, in street fights, is fight by "boxing rules"?? :p

16. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Players are more afraid of crazy than anything in the nba, they all know the repercussions of any sort of fight. Crazy doesn't care though

17. Pukimonster

Pukimonster Member

Thing is if you're fighting someone who knows how to box, it's hard as hell to hit them

18. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

I when that happened I posted "Beard ain't havin none of that!"

And that's exactly what Harden said about it in the post game interview.

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Evan should have turned the other way.

20. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

And in real fights it is often hard for the boxer to do the same. See Larry Johnson (amateur boxer) vs. Alonzo Mourning.