1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Harden and Dwight Superstars?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by webattorney, Jul 21, 2013.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Call 'em whatever you want. I know they are two damn good players.

2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Why? Was Lebron labeled a Superstar after his 1st season. Was Tracy McGrady labeled a Superstar after his 1st year in Orlando. I can go on and on. James Harden should everybody he is a Superstar in this league. Even his peers and players who played before him calls Harden a SS.

3. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Thank your sir, well said

4. ada32

ada32 Member

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
    By any other name would smell as sweet."

Romeo and Juliet (II, ii, 1-2)

Just enjoy the game and the ride! :cool:

5. VBG

VBG Member

Both of they play much better defense than James Harden did last year.

6. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

If Dwight can get back to were he was in Orlando he is a superstar for sure, and if Harden improves like most think he will, he will be one too.

7. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly. Considering where this team was a little over a year ago, people around here would be absolutely besides themselves to have two top 10 players. My, how people forget. The Rox currently are the best chance for this city to get a championship again. Who would have thunk that last year???

8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

yep, Lebron called James Harden a superstar after he dropped 36 points 12 rebounds on them back in feb when Houston played in Miami this year. If anybody is qualified to label someone a superstar it's Lebron.

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

There are only two true superstars in this league at this moment. Kevin Durant and LeBron James. You guys are setting the bar too low to be called a superstar.

10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Superstars get national media attention, have the ability earn a max salary on the open market, are household names with casual fans, and draw other players to play with them on a team. (In my opinion, I guess.)

Clutchfans has had this debate several times; everyone is across the entire spectrum on what a superstar is, as you can see from Red's post above mine. ^^

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

With Kobe being done and Wade in steep decline, Harden is the best SG in the league, Howard is the best center in the league. IMO if you are the best in the league at your position, you are a "superstar"

12. VBG

VBG Member

I disagree. Those are first ballot hall of famers. All time greats.

13. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

Correct, Being a superstar has more to do with the players life off the court. On the court, you just have to be able to put up all-star numbers. Superstardom comes from Media, Money and Mentions. Granted I believe there can only be anywhere from 5-10 of them in the leauge at anytime. Carmelo.is a good example. Is he a Supers. Atar? He's a one-way player. He also demands a Max contract, Best scorer in the leauge, Plays in Ny, Is he still a superstar?

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Superstar is a personal opinion - there is no quantifying metric that defines what one is or is not.

Just give me the wins.....and then we can see how they stack up.

DD

15. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Mike Conley schooled CP3 in the playoffs... So I don't know what you mean by much better defenders.

16. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Heck yea Melo is a super star. At the end of the day basketball has been, is, and will always be about buckets. Problem with him is he spent most of his career with George Karl...Lol..

17. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

Harden is not not yet a "superstar". He's an allstar.

18. conquistador#11

wtf? howard is a game changer defensively, who just happens to score 20 points. If he is healthy and the coach plays to his strengths, he is one of those top 5 players. Harden is the best sg in the game, hands down. but you're right, he can't guard a turtle, and that has to improve. together, they should be the best combo in the league. Yes I said it.
    wade has lost 1/8 of a step with that knee.

19. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Yes, they ARE superstars

20. gengar

gengar Member

lol....

He's good at getting points, I'll give you that. But his assists come from the expense of taking over the PG role and his score is high because we play iso-Harden every other play. The team took the team to playoffs, not just 1 player. And he plays zero defense.