1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden and Dwight are FRIENDS!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FEAR THE BEARD, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Chuck_Ferrari

Chuck_Ferrari Member

[​IMG]

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

they are friends without benefits

4. sabesque

sabesque Member

Real friends, how many of us? How many of us, how many jealous? Real friends. It's not many of us, we smile at each other but how many honest? Trust issues.

5. Drogba

Drogba Member

Switched up the number, I can't be bothered. I cannot blame you for having an angle. I ain't got no issues, I'm just doing my thing. Hope you're doing your thing too.

6. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I still think Harden and Howard can work.

This season they both had their problems, individually and with each other, yes but the real problem this year has been the players around them. (Apart from JB's rotations and defense)

Players like Lawson, Brewer, Jones, Smith, JET, Capela and a part from the few good games from Ariza and Bev, the collective group around Howard and Harden have been horrid this season. None of them is playing equal to their play of last season. We should expect them to have the same type number this season, if not better, and none has done so.

You could have the prime Shaq and Kobe on your team but if the players around them stink almost every night, its not going to end well. Your stars can only do so much.

I stink think Harden and Howard can still co-exist on this team and be cornerstones for a championship run. But things must change.

- We need to get a clear number 2 option so Howard can be the 3rd option. This doesn't have to be KD but someone else that is capable of making plays for themselves and others to relieve the pressure of Harden to create everything. This was supposed to be Lawson but whatever, we need a real number 2.

- Improve the players around them that actually fit the style of the team and the stars. No more players like Brewer, Smith and Jones. Get player that can actually shoot >36% from three and play smart basketball. Get a big men or two that can shoot free throws and rebound! The league is now full of big men that can at least shoot 70% from the line, find one!

- Get a solid coach. Doesn't have to be a big NBA name like Thib or JVG, but get someone that knows how to coach the game. Someone who has a system and expects players to follow it.

I think all of these things are doable now and until the start of next season.

7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

HOward has been on camera wearing a Step Brothers movie Tshirt and 'jokingly' saying that its him and James.

This is just another 'hey look at us we just won a game and we want to look really cool'

Lets see the pic after they get dropped by 30 the next time they play a contender.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

I don't need them to be friends off the court.

I need them to be professionals on the court. Show up to work, work together, get the job done, win basketball games.

And no, it's not just made up message board fodder.

They're very professional. They work. They get their job done. ON the court. That's what James & Dwight need to be & do. Who cares if they aren't friends or don't hang out off the court?

#28 J.R., Feb 20, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  9. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

A real friend would share the basketball...

#4 ALL TIME FG % + Best % of his career THIS YEAR = < 9 shots a game.... smh....

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZX6YR9nBSws" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"Why Can't We Be Friends"

Why can't we be friends
    Why can't we be friends
    Why can't we be friends
    Why can't we be friends

I seen you around for a long long time, ya
    I really remembered you when you drink my wine

Why can't we be friends
    Why can't we be friends
    Why can't we be friends
    Why can't we be friends

I seen you walkin' down in Chinatown
    I called you but you could not look around

Why can't we be friends
    Why can't we be friends
    Why can't we be friends
    Why can't we be friends

I bring my money to the welfare line
    I see you standing in it every time

Why can't we be friends
    Why can't we be friends
    Why can't we be friends
    Why can't we be friends

The color of your skin don't matter to me
    As long as we can live in harmony

Why can't we be friends
    Why can't we be friends
    Why can't we be friends
    Why can't we be friends

I'd kinda like to be the President
    So I can show you how your money's spent

Why can't we be friends
    Why can't we be friends
    Why can't we be friends
    Why can't we be friends

Sometimes I don't speak right
    But yet I know what I'm talking about

Why can't we be friends
    Why can't we be friends
    Why can't we be friends
    Why can't we be friends

I know you're workin' for the CIA
    They wouldn't have you in the Ma-fi-a

Why can't we be friends
    Why can't we be friends
    Why can't we be friends
    Why can't we be friends...

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You know who are friends? Dwight and Josh Smith. Also, did you know they were AAU teammates in high school? well, they were.

:p

12. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

When are people going to figure out that the reason his field goal percentage is at an all time high is that we have stopped giving him sooo many of his post up touches that result in clanks and turnovers?

There are only so many shots a game you can get when you are basically only working with alleys, dump offs and put backs. You start feeding him in the post and his field goal percentage is going to drop and his turnover percentage is going to rise.

Dwight is playing just fine this year. No need to change what he's excelling at on offense.

13. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

And yet Smith left just like that last summer. They are just deep rooted acquaintances..

14. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

You know what really is sad, that fiasco alone probably contributed to McHale's firing and the team starting 2-11.

15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Amen brother.

16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Last night was the best we've seen the chemistry. Communicating with each other on defense. Constant 5's from everyone.

Adversity, allegations of backstabbing, trade speculations. What Mcgrady said was spot on and it seemed to have helped. We come out and commit to play defense on every possession and we have a shot. The next 3 games will be telling on what to expect for the rest of the season.

17. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Howard FG% is so high because guys like Harden give him easy dunks. Harden is averaging nearly 7 assists per game and is a willing passer. It's not all on Harden to get Howard going, there are times where Howard turns the ball over a few times or takes some idiotic shots on the post and they stop going to him, understandably so.

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

No, it was just that cancer Marcus Thornton.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

All the hustle players who understood and even cherished their roles are gone however. Guys who exceeded expectations via effort and selfishness. Prigs, Black, D-Mo, Paps, Canaan, Nick, Omri, etc. were the true glue guys. Former glue guys like Brew and Terry now believe they are bigger than their roles and try to do too much or feel entitled for more. Lawson is an anchor, on the court and off.

20. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Just to go a little further with Harden and his willing passing and his ability to set his teammates up...

NBA.com tracks more than just regular assists they also track secondary assists, which are just like hockey assists and then also free throw assists. Passes that lead to free throws, where the shooter makes at least 1 of his foul shots.

They then show the percentage of passes a player makes that results in any of those 3 types of assists. Harden is 6th in the entire league behind only Westbrook, Wall, Rondo, Paul and Rubio. Just ahead of Lebron and Curry.