1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden Absolutely MURDERED Portland

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DallasThomas, Feb 26, 2016.

1. ibm

ibm Member

since when playing a first half of a game like shiat and then another second half of a game brilliantly qualifies as "mvp level"?

2. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Agent Zero had a gun in his locker, Harden should have ladies in there.

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Dwight is 3rd in rpg and 5th in drpg, but responsible for the team's bad rebounding? And who do you thinks has the worst impact on our defense and is rated last or near-last in every defensive category available? I think you know the answer, completely idiotic to blame the defensive issues solely on Dwight, while Harden has been hiatorically bad and complete slapstick for much of the season.

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

It's definitely a mental decision he makes, it's all about his focus and effort. I'm not talking about this one game, i'm talking about Harden the last 3 seasons. For Harden to have anything in the tank to CARRY his team at the end of the game like he did tonight and has done multiple times this season, he has conserved his energy on defense. That a decision he made his first season with the Rockets and has been doing since.

In order for him to step up on D, cut his turnovers and up his fg %'s, we need another offensive star player to lessen the load for him on offense IMO. Or at least a REAL offensive system implemented by a legitimate and established offensive coach. Once our offense isn't a one man Harden show, he can become a much better defensive player, and a even more efficient, lower turnover offensive player.

5. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

It's clear that this thread is a swamp of resentful LOFs. You guys are pathetic.

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

So why did he play like complete trash on defense from day1 this season and why do so many of his lapses happen early in the game, no matter how much rest he had? It's about effort and defensive-iq, he simply doesn't give a F and puts the blame on others most of the time.

The Harden apologists are ridiculous, there's an excuse for everything.

7. BowlingBaller

BowlingBaller Member

Forgot your antidepressants? Go take em and you'll feel better.

8. ibm

ibm Member

and the reason you dont see him take backdoor cuts is becuase no one on the team can make that pass, so harden decides to make it simple for his teammates by standing still when he doesnt have the ball in offense.

that's a brilliant new thought i learned in tonight's game thread. made me laugh... :grin:

9. ibm

ibm Member

that's a brilliant argument by you. very logical and convincing indeed.

clap clap clap.

your idol, mr. james harden, is very proud of you.

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I already shared my opinion on your questions above.

And please don't label me a Harden apologist, I'm a ****ing rocket fan sharing my opinion of one of our players, I do some on many of our players, this is one of my few post about Harden.

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I agree that Harden has a tremendous responsibility to carry the team, but if he would sacrifice to bring his Defense up to passable, the Rockets would be better for it. And he probably wouldn't have to exert as much energy throughout the course of a game.

Rockets would be getting all those transition buckets off of steals. Rockets already top in the league in steals, imagine if the Rockets had harden playing defense most of the game.

We know Harden can play D we have seen it.

12. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Well it seems obvious that this guy is also "colt45nyc" judging from his disjointed and thoroughly confused English, hatred of Harden, and use of "clap clap clap."

13. ibm

ibm Member

sherlock holmes still alve? anyway, world class analysis.

clap
    clap
    clap

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Harden already averages 1.6 steals, I'm not sure if he could even average one more steal if ALL he focused on was defense lol, but more stops ='s more opportunity for fast break offensive possessions for sure.

If he focused more on defense he would be saving a decent amount of points by making stops, and that of course would overall better the team.

But again in order for him to do this, he would have to trust in his teammates or the Rockets offensive system to not go in a scoring drought when he isn't in the game, and isn't playing on ball, which he simply can't this season for obvious reasons.

Hardens a very special player, really hoping we re-tool around him correctly this off season. Legitimate offensive and defensive coaches and systems implemented, a GOOD 2nd offensive option, higher IQ players, better passers, more 3&D and much less Brewer, Terry, Smith, Lawson, Jones, Thornton, current coaching staff etc.

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You really think his lapses are because he wants to conserve energy? Doing extremely basic boxouts, staying with his man instead of watching the ball or not letting people blow by in transition is only possible when you're not a star on offense?

Someone else explained it above, he'd have a lot more help and energy if he wouldn't destroy our defensive assignments and rotations, as the team wouldn't struggle nearly as bad.

16. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

I don't understand this? Harden is not that effective off the ball but to say he literally does nothing is wrong. He does actually cut when he sees an opening. Have you not watched the last two games? He cut baseline tonight and Smith hit him for a dunk?

Again, he needs to work on being more active off ball but it's clear you haven't watched the last two games closely. He had four or five layups against the Jazz off cuts.

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

That's why I asked you, how do you explain him being complete trash from day 1? They went to the WCF and teammates even bailed him out vs the Clippers, but before even the first official game started, he completely lost confidence and decided to stop playing D?

It doesn't make sense.

18. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

James Harden had a Brilliant 2nd half. But stop with this lame excuse that his crappy defense is because he has to carry the offensive load for the Rockets and he's tired.

He's a professional basketball player. If he wants to be a true superstar and the man on a great team, It's his job to be in peak physical condition so he can dominate on both ends of the court. LeBron and Kobe (after Shaq) within the last decade have been the primary playmaker for their teams and also all-NBA caliber defensive players. It can be done.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Those are the most frustrating ones... inconsistent and flawed brilliance

Either you are bad or you are the best (Currys of this league)

and there are players in between and those are frustrating to watch at times

20. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Kobe hasn't played Defense for five seasons at least. He runs off reputation on that end.

LeBron chooses when he wants to play defense too