1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden #8 on #NBArank

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Sep 15, 2017.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

They did dump all of their true sports people for diverse looking people. Its no surprise that some of the jamokes on ESPN have no idea what they are talking about.

I've heard Deshaun Watson called Desean Jackson about 5 times on sportscenter this week. Blows my mind.

ghettocheeze, BigM and Pen15clubber like this.
  2. PatBev

PatBev Member

The fact that Draymond Green is #10 says it all

jae713, Richie_Rich and ghettocheeze like this.
  3. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I like **** like this. Justifies my hate for ESPN.

4. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

Yea, they gave their ass up to westbrook

5. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

dahntay jones flat out said stephen curry wasnt a top 10 player. And espn flipped there ****

and kelly oubre was asked after a loss to the warriors when curry had like 40 againist the wizards, was curry the best player that the wizards had faced all year, and he said he said with emphasis no. It was Harden, after he said Harden the reporter cut the interview short

6. Big Uns

Big Uns Member

Maybe part of the issue is that Harden quit, in an elimination game, at home with the opposing teams two best players out. He flat out quit. How high can you rank any player who quit.

Also please save me the he wAs tired excuse.

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Durant is ranked too high.

Any really really really good prolific scorer in NBA history would have dominated on that team.

8. Le$$

Le$$ Member

top 2 vs there top 2. Of course its gonna come down to rockets vs warriors in the WCF now, but how do we have an advantage. Houston has 2 extra defensive players now. Whats going to keep draymon green from going off, NENE? Do you think capela can hold his ground vs green? Green is the possible x factor, and that of Durant going off. I think this team now could take the warriors of the old before durant.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Too much energy spent on this.

#109 daywalker02, Sep 17, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This is going to sound like a 180 from my previous position regarding Harden but being a great two way player in this league is significantly overrated. Hence why Kawhi is one of the most overrated players in the league.

Great individual defense isn't any where near as important as individual great offense especially if that great offense includes great playmaking for teammates. In today's NBA, help defense is more important. Team defense and working as a cohesive unit with great communication is more important than great individual defense. Everyone switches now a days. Coaching is far more important to defense hence why arguably the greatest coach of all time, Pop, has his teams consistently elite regardless of roster talent. Kawhi with a mediocre coach wouldn't be the Superstar unanimous too 5 player he is today.

Sure indiviudal great defense can win you some clutch plays sprinkled through out the season but indiviudal great offense can singlehandedly carry a team.

Pat's amazing defensive capabilities can't single handedly carry a team to the playoffs. James Harden's indiviudal offense can do exactly that and has done it before.

Roxnostalgia likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Overrated? He won a ship with a 37 or 38 year old Duncan.....and other 31+ old ex stars.

Against a 3 superstar juggernaut, something the 3 stars of OKC never did.

I cannot call someone overrated that was a team captain of his team and not just some starter.

Yeah sure, the Spurs are not the same with LM Aldridge, that does not mean Kawhi isn't as effective as he once was and guy is only 25 yrs old.

Harden has to show he can play his amazing Offense consistently in the Playoffs against the best teams and not quit.

Until then everything is moot IMO.

#111 daywalker02, Sep 17, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  12. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

you would have a point if espn used stats from the playoffs.

13. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Who are you to decide?

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  14. riko

riko Member

Another lin troll with an alternate id

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I like it. Eggball Texans are irrelevant and rightly so. Deal with it.

Now if they disrespect a Rockets player by miscalling his name, then I would blow them up

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Anyone else think that a #8 ranking means some voters had him at 9 or 10?

Pen15clubber likes this.
  17. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

does michelle beadle, max kellerman, @daywalker02 or @swyyyguy have a vote?

swyyyguy likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Who are we to comment on anything lol on a bbs?

you have your answer, no need to get worked up over nothing.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's funny that you single out posters like you know them right? I dun nothing to you yet you always take it personal because I talk about flaws of certain players you absolutely adore. Hey, I am just one guy out of thousands? Am I the personification of all the other who holds our players accountable in the most important games of the season?

Always mentioning me in some reference to other posters that I know little of. Borderline disrespectful.

20. PatBev

PatBev Member

I think the fact that harden who is basically a two time MVP at this point is #8 and Draymond is #10 shows how much of a joke this is