1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden: “We’re just not good enough....”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YOLO, Jan 12, 2021.

1. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Lakers played a great Box and 1 zone on harden when he had the ball and sprinkled in a lot of double teams. We couldn’t make them pay from the arc.

2. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

But I thought an “ real Assassin “ pounds the ball on the floor 1 on 5 and “ find a way to get it done? Durant didn’t. The Warriors tapped that ass.Durant’s response? He surrendered the ball and got on Golden st.’s bus for in preparation for the following season after blowing that 3-1 lead. He’s got 2 rings and would have had a 3rd had he not torn his Achilles.

Nook likes this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

I see you’re 1 of those who needs months of play in order to recognize what becomes obvious in the beginning. Competitive for what exactly? Competitive for a title? Hell no. Competitive for a 1st round slapping? Sure, I guess...

U still think it’s possible for what? Possible to just make the playoffs?

Wood looks good on offense only, and that’s only when Harden is feeding him in the PnR. He is Kanter-esque on defense.

Lol, don’t worry, you’ll soon get your wish of Wall leading this team. Leading this team nowhere. What did he do in Washington? Enjoy

4. Dirt Road

Dirt Road Member

Yes it is. One of the worse times I can recall, not just because W-L, but the embarrassment and mismanagement of the teams.

csnerd84 likes this.
  5. a time to chill

I just don't see how fans can support James Harden with all that has come out about his unprofessionalism with the Rockets. I was hopeful early on that James was going to give it his all with this new team, but he's clearly quit and looking to be traded elsewhere.

I'm usually sympathetic to players who have been mistreated by the front office, but James Harden was a major part of the decisions made by the front office. All this "I agree with James" and "he needs to go elsewhere to get a ring" BS from supposed Rocket fans is pathetic. They want to excuse James and blame Tillman for everything.

The truth is that James Harden isn't good enough to lead a team to a championship and needs to go elsewhere to ride another superstar's coattail. I've known this for a while but wanted to deny the truth about James. James told us the truth last night with his statement. He needs to be traded.

6. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

But...then what?

I just don't see any big silver lining to this season no matter what. Harden's right, we suck, and it can't be fixed. It won't even get better when he's traded. We don't even benefit from tanking the season since OKC has our pick.

Easy likes this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

I am not sure what the Rockets front office has been thinking. He was not going to continue to play forever without voicing his displeasure.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Please refer back to earlier @Haymitch posts in this season where I said this team is still basically Harden and The Hardenettes. He is right; we aren't very good. Take Harden off this team, and we are going to be awful - one of the worst teams in the league.

Delusions of him falling in love with Wood and then wanting to stay were always going to come crashing down. I guess it's a good thing for those folk to get their anger out of the way so they can continue to progress towards acceptance of the inevitable - a Harden trade that nets a meh return.

(But don't worry - the same delusional folk will convince themselves that our meh return is actually great! And the cycle will continue.)

Nook likes this.
  9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Truth hurts. He's right this team is poorly assembled and poorly coached with no sense of direction. Of course he's not helping anything - the toxicity is spilling over onto the other players. Hard not to believe that everyone missing shots and playing like cheeks isnt because of all the drama.

What are ya gonna do? Damned if you do, and damned if you dont. Its reached the boiling point. Management must do whats best for the team and thats to make the move.

Silas aint it. Vogel was running circles around him last night (and the game before). So as much as Harden deserves to get sht on - Silas needs to be next in line.

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

don't even take Harden off this team . . .

hakeem94 and Haymitch like this.
  11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Harden has won 1 game this season. We are god awful with him too

hakeem94, Haymitch and fchowd0311 like this.
  12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Touché

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If this current Rockets team had Lebron, or any other real superstar player instead of Harden, they'd be a contender.

Hell if they even had Harden they would be

14. vick

vick Member

Now we will know how the New York Knicks has felt for the last 25 years after the Rockets beat them.

15. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Woke up with someone’s balls in your mouth again today?

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Well, it's all Tilman's fault that we got here. Now it's James's fault that we are staying here. Blow it up.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

cause he'll be traded by then and there's no such thing as not paying him

and no you don't get a better deal next offseason because then the teams can just wait and get him for free. especially when they know harden is leaving

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It can never be overstated how terrible the Westbrook trade was. One of the worst in history.

19. bmelo

bmelo Member

Theres no Golden State rn though, he also had Westbrook alongside him

20. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

It's obvious he's trying to inflame the situation to force a trade.