1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden’s Drawn Fouls Against the Lakers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Reeko, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

No .. it was definitely a foul. . . .
    I think it was foul even if he was not in the area

Defense should not just be .. . .run in front of a guy . . . .
    If the man with the ball and the defender are side by side. . . . .
    going toward the basket. . . . .the defender being faster (mainly cause he not dribbling)
    and runs in front of the offensive player. . .should not be rewarded as good defense

Rocket River

2. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Tilman can only afford to buy us regular season calls. Come playoff time the zebras will engage in their annual practice of swallowing all whistles for us. Or only when it’s convenient for the narrative, likethe 3rd quarter of every game vs GSW.

juanm34 and hakeem94 like this.
  3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I have a strong suspicion that James is going to be even more motivated in the paint in the next game

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

This is the video we all should fear. This is becoming more and more of a setup / prelude to the playoffs. They know there is a be decent chance we play LeBron. They know the reason why Harden if drawing all those fouls - they just ain't saying it because they rather appeal to the league's highest priority which is to have a more entertaining product to watch on TV. The reason he gets those calls and should continue to get those calls on specifically the Lakers is that their entire roster is filled with young scrubs.

The fact Stephen A is making this take public says a lot about their allegiance to LeBron. Everyone pray and hope we don't get them in the playoffs. It will be ugly and the entire media will officially flip the script on Harden. If anyone thinks he's had a rough going with the media thus far, just wait till we get this kind of post-game energy for a 7-game series. It will be insufferable.

What pains me about the unfair post-game coverage about these fouls is that not one has bothered to analyze a single play (minus CWebb, bless his heart) involving a foul. Stephen A tries to get cute and cite CP3's known rip thru foul which is 100% dishonest because 1. CP did not attempt that move even once last night and 2. He states Harden initiates that move when I've never seen him do it once. A little honest analysis of every one of those correct calls will suggest that Harden's skill to get to a position quicker than the defender - not his ability to decelerate - is what makes him elite at drawing fouls. That's right - Harden has a quicker first step than the media is willing to give him credit for.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Exactly.
    This is all theater to get the calls later

Rocket River

6. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

James Kodiak Harden is getting ready to steamroll through Memphis

7. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I don’t see which one of those isn’t foul. Or even like, questionable. The look on kuzma’s “landing space” foul is the kind of look I expect lowers a referees respect for individual players. Like, young man, I am not explaining obvious **** like that to you.

People in comment sections straight up lie with how far the young take the disrespect and hate for Harden. It’s embarrassing.

Hmc415 and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  8. HakeemOnlyFan

HakeemOnlyFan Member

After making the mistake of reading some of the replies to the NBA ref's twitter account's rebuttal of Chris Webber's nonsensical takes on Harden's drawn fouls, I was left pondering something that I've never quite given myself a clear-cut answer to, no matter how many times I've thought about it. Researching this matter is just too painful for me to actually dedicate any significant amount of time to. Perhaps some of ya'll have an opinion on the matter.

Out of Twitter and YouTube, which platform is the bigger cesspool for zero-bbiq, casual NBA fans, all without the slightest understanding of the NBA rule book, but nevertheless more than willing to offer up some idiotic or insulting take regarding anything to do with the sport?

I tend to lean towards YouTube, but in all honesty, it's probably just a coin flip.

Hmc415 likes this.
  9. Hmc415

Hmc415 Member

Both are really bad but it really is truly amazing how clueless people are of the rules and when people try to educate them, they act like they are still right.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.