1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hard Knocks 2016 - LA Rams

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Rocket River, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

2. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Keenum for Heisman

4. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

After watching AZ Cards All or Nothing, Hard Knocks will be a letdown.

I'm sure we'll get tons of insight from Coach mediocrity!

5. val_modus

val_modus Member

Fisher doesn't seem very charismatic. That cut seemed like a little much...

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You can't be breaking team rules when you are an on the bubble type of player. This kind of thing happens every year.

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I have HBO now so might as well.

Could get some good betting ideas

8. val_modus

val_modus Member

I get that. It was just that Fisher's mannerisms during the whole scene had a very Joe Philbin-esque vibe to it.

9. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

The Rams and Fisher will finish 7-9 (again) and he will tie the record for most loses of all time by an NFL head coach. He will cement his place as the most average coach of all time.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Ah, gotcha. He's never struck me as someone that had an awful lot of people skills.

11. val_modus

val_modus Member

Ya I have no idea why I had the opposite perception of him. I guess his avatar from ESPN NFL 2k4 made him look amiable, and that just stuck with me forever.

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Seems like Fisher's been hitting the sauce a ton over the years... its started to affect his speech patterns (either that, or he was super nervous and different because the cameras were on... probably a little of both).

On the flip-side, if you've ever heard or seen how Belicheck addresses his staff/team in private... he's entirely different from how he is with the media. Very amiable, personable, funny, and a master motivator.

From an HBO standpoint, I'm sure they're longing for a BOB or Rex Ryan persona for these shows... definitely was the most entertaining aspect of last year's season.

13. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

eric kush is Hard Knocks Week 1 mvp based on his wardrobe alone.

14. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I watched the first episode last night and good lord it was lame.

I can't tell if it's the homer in me, but the Texans were far and away better last year.

Hey Jeff, you've never won more than 7 games here, so why should we trust that you know what you're doing?

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The part where they cut the player due to having a girl over seemed like the most scripted piece of bull**** HBO/Hard Knocks has ever tried to put over an audience.

That and beating the dead horse on the unfunny Goff sunset/sunrise joke... lets just hope it was just a slow week or else this will be the worst season of HK yet.

16. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope that Foles knew his release was coming, because that would have been a horse**** way to find out.

"Hey, how as your summer? How's the family? Great? Um, you're being released. Later."

17. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fisher seems like a bad personality for this show. BOB was fiery and intense, which added some good drama to the season.

18. PhiSlammaJamma

Keenum is my guy, but he's going to be boring as shiot too. Fisher is too political, boring. The Rams move could have been interesting but they barely showed it. Goff will be sort of interesting to see how that develops. Kenny Britt is probably the gut to follow to a drug deal. I've never watched it before, so I have no way of comparing it to others. I did like the first episode and I was surprised by the high quality of the film and camera work. A lot of those shots had to be planned and edited later, much like a movie.

19. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

How do people not know how to swim?

20. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

On the new Hard Knocks episode last night, it seemed Fisher was really pumped up that they came back and won the preseason game in the post-game locker room...acting like winning the game was the most important thing. This conflicts with Fisher comments not seen in the show where he was attempting to downplay the win with a comment like "I had to remind the guys that it was our first preseason game. You would think we just won the Super Bowl". That's not how he was acting in the post-game locker room. Winning in the preseason is nowhere near the most important thing...evaluation of players is.