1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Haralabos Voulgaris Twitter Rant: Kevin Durant should leave OKC for Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Raven

Raven Member

I don't see Durant staying unless they win a championship. I mentioned this before, what if Durant re-ups, but Westbrook bolts one year later? Then Durant is stuck, with no real chance of attracting good free agents, because stars won't be eager to join him when there are more attractive cities/teams available.

So I think Durant leaves, just to protect himself. And then Westbrook the season after that. Probably not to Houston. By then the Nets will have cap (won't they?), and Kobe might be out of the picture by then, so LA is also a choice.

Lastly, why should Durant be loyal to the Thunder when ownership wasn't loyal to Seattle?

Bottom line, if they don't win a championship before Durant becomes a free agent, he's history.

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Harden agreed to take less than the max from OKC. They didn't want to exceed the luxury tax.

I am very happy Harden chose Houston in the end. I admit I didn't think he was worth the max, but I did feel that he was better than Kevin Martin and Jeremy Lamb.

3. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Interesting... I've never read that. I always read that he wanted the max extension (somewhere between 58-60k for 4 years) and declined to take the 53k they offered. I wouldn't say he "chose" Houston -- moreso that they refused to budge on the 53k and decided to trade him instead. He acknowledged several times how surprised he was by the trade when it first went through and that it was a complete shock to him. I think he thought (like everybody else) that they'd fold.

Either way, glad they were stubborn/cheap.

4. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

You can only go as far as your dreams can take you. DREAM BIG FELLAS, DREAM BIG.

5. TheresTheDagger

Just plantin that seed.... :grin:

6. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

To be honest, if (in the future) Durant leaves to the Rox and Westbrook heads to the Lakers, there is no way in hell the franchise survives. The heartbreak would be so substantial that the fans would totally abandon them.

In that scenario, I would imagine the Ballmer-led Seattle group would make a $1 billion offer and snatch up the franchise.

...this just keeps looking better and better

7. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

KD is heading to Lakers, i feel, if things continue as they are.

It's on Presti (the wizard GM we thought he used to be?) to go get the players KD wants.

Turn OKC into the mini-lakers if he can, persuading the owners to open the books and paint OKC as a desirable place to play, disregard the 'small market' image

8. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

i dont think so, durant is the type that will get in where he fits in... the guy can score whether he is being aggressive or camping behind the 3point line.. demanding the ball really isnt his game. harden would be the primary ball handler/play maker like he is now..

9. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

Ur kidding me right? Durant does complain when hes not getting touches...

But it might be more fustration when westbrrok is trying too hard to score on his own instead of passing him the ball. Idk

10. MichaelG281713

I felt bad for Seattle. I feel bad for OKC players. There's nothing to do there at all. Bunch of meth heads and weirdo racists. Literally, the whole state is trailer trash.

I can't picture KD staying in OKC after his current contract is up. Still a long way down the road though. Too early to say where he might go.

11. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

since we are talking about dream scenarios, i actually had a dream last night that the rockets pulled a 3 team deal that sent out asik, parsons, and lin, and got back horford and gay. weird why i would pick those players in my dream. horford i don't mind as a 4/5 next to dwight. he could play the high post very well, but gay wouldn't be a great fit since we would have enough scoring options.

12. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

DING!

13. MichaelG281713

He'll go to Houston before he goes to LA. The Lakers org. isn't in good hands at the moment. The Brown and D'Antoni signings were idiotic. Bringing in Nash was a bad common sense move. Especially considering they were still in "win now" mode.

They could be just a name for a long time coming if they don't land Westbrook and Love.

14. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

A funny and ironic trade would be Durant for Harden and pick(s)...getting rid of an elite scorer for even better scorer. Beverly, Brooks and Garcia would rotate at 2. Think about it...Lin would be primary ballhandler again, Parsons and Durant would share SF/PF spots and Casspi would fill in for those two from the bench, with Jones and DMo each getting few minutes at PF spot. And you have Asik coming off the bench...

15. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Harden, Durant, and Howard. God that team is easily the best team in the league, barring nobody. I don't know if it's actually possible though.

16. Grapenutz

Grapenutz Rookie

Harden didnt choose Houston tho

17. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Technically he did not choose to be traded to Houston but he did choose to sign an extension imeadiatly after he was traded. I'll take that as a fan. :grin:

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yes, I realize that now. I am very glad he fit in as the 1st option here.

19. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

We can't re-sign Parsons if we want to pursue a third star. Parsons would eat up our cap space and would become a major stumbling block to our plan. As I said before, Parsons is overrated on this board. Over 70% of his field goals were assisted. He can't create his own shot. The Rockets would be foolish to give him a big contract.

20. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

well Parsons probably isn't on Iguodala's level, for instance, but he fits like a glove with this team - not only with his style of play, but with his character as well.
    Who would you start at SF if we get a star PF anyway? Casspi, Garcia? Would you trade Parsons straight up for Kawhi Leonard?