1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Haralabos Voulgaris Twitter Rant: Kevin Durant should leave OKC for Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Durant isn't the type to leave a franchise or express frustrating. He'll stick it out.

2016 that's nearly 3 years from now. This is all people creating rumors out of nothing.

2. Mprice

Mprice Member

Whether we end up with Durant or not (most likely not to occur) the Harden Trade just keeps getting better and better, this deal alone has become infamous for OKC and weakened what would have been a perennial contender in the west for years that could go toe to toe with MIA. But I don't mind.;)

3. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

I've been predicting that the NBA will make Durant the bad guy of the league. I'm a nobody and so my earlier assumption was just that, an assumption.

With Dwight being redeemed in Houston (it started with Stephan A. Smith, I think)...

Everyone said no way because Durant is such a nice guy, blah, blah, blah. But, you look at the recent bad guys: Kobe, Tiger Woods, Dwight, Lebron. These are guys that started out as angels.

The next argument is that "well, these guys did *blank* to deserve that!"... the media will find the skeletons in the closet. They always do.

This is not something Durant has done, but the microscope is getting bigger and bigger and bigger. They will start finding ways.

4. mastathor

mastathor Rookie

Durant in Houston with Harden, Howard, Beverly and Parsons would be unstoppable. Now that's a strong starting unit. If Durant is willing then Houston can clear space by trading off Asik, Lin and maybe a draft pick. Make it happen, Morey!

5. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

How do you think we manage to get Durant? lol.

6. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

I don't think OKC fans think too fondly of Houston these days as is.

7. Yohohoho

Yohohoho Member

Morey will sneak a Sergibaka in this whole Rose planted fiasco.

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

I actually think that's better, cause that give Morey some time to formulate a plan to get KD to Houston. As Bima says it's currently impossible to get KD now so it's better if he becomes a FA in the future when changes to the current structure might happen.

9. droxford

droxford Member

Durant is under contract for years to come. He can't "decide" to go to Houston.

Durant is the best player in the league. OKC has no motivation to get rid of such a player.

Durant has expressed zero interest in leaving OKC.

Durant is a class act who will not demand a trade or play below his ability in order to force management to trade him.

THIS ENTIRE DISCUSSION IS UNFOUNDED RUBBISH.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Rather than bad boy I think you mean whipping boy. The NBA media/fans loves to dogpile on great players who don't have team success, guys like Pau Gasol, KG and Lebron were mocked for failing in the playoffs time after time. It already started last year when WB got injured and people started saying KD isn't good enough to carry a team. Hopefully the Rox will be in a position to swoop in when he demands a trade or leaves in FA, the guy's heart is in texas.

11. mastathor

mastathor Rookie

People can dream, can't they? LOL!

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Voulgaris isn't predicting a Durant move to Houston, and he isn't predicting an imminent Durant move to Houston. He is expressing an opinion that Durant SHOULD make a move for Houston because OKC's ownership sucks and Houston's situation is much better with a smart front office and an owner not afraid to spend.

Now, Durant's contract situation may make this move difficult to achieve. However, the same logic likely applies to a number of elite players in the NBA: If a guy is stuck in a no-win situation, and has the leverage to influence where he goes (through trade, free agency, or sign and trade), Houston is where he should try to go.

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Good to be an it franchise again.

14. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Why not bring westbrook while you're at it? Let go of Lin and Asik for Westbrook and Durant. Even though i know thats very unlikely to happen. Both players would have to take a paycut in order to make that work.

15. Grapenutz

Grapenutz Rookie

The decision the Thunder made is a decision EVERY team is going to have to make with this new CBa. Parsons will be coming up soon. Lets if Les will pay him

1 person likes this.
  16. alethios

alethios Member

Think about it - if Durant comes to Houston, then Harden would be third banana again.

17. MONON

MONON Member

I really hate to agree with you, but I do.

18. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Sounds like he was upset about losing a bet and decided to go on a rant to alleviate his frustration.

Agreed

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

If that happened, there would no longer be any OKC fans. :grin:

20. robrhodes

robrhodes Member

He's gotta go somewhere okc is falling off trading superstars for scraps. Him and Harden are boys so it's probably at least just as possible as landing Howard this year. That's a team that may even be favorited over the Lebron's.