1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Happy now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

The people screaming "rebuild" act like tearing the team apart and putting it back together is so easy, like the league isn't littered with teams stuck in perpetual rebuild mode. Unless we're getting another generational talent handed to us on a silver platter you can expect decades of mediocrity.

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Hanging on right now is like the ex that’s gotten pumped and dumped asking for them to come back. Harden has not been flexible in terms of criticism, style or being coached. One more season of him staying means nothing to me, he’s a big reason morey is gone too. Wants the supermax, wants to make all the decisions, and when it screws the team wants to goto a team of his choice. Yea right, dump him for picks and let’s start over. Coulda made it work with CP but that ego of his just couldn’t. Over the years he hasn’t been kind or the sort of leader his teammates deserve. @Will said it best, he will be your floor and your ceiling.

I thank him for the memories, but the rockets and their future is all I’m about . (With our pos owner I’m struggling how the success of my team will enable his cheapass into cutting even more corners as some sort of affirmation for his obscene behavior).

IBTL likes this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Patrick says hold my beer.

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

The Knicks suck .... sure. But they never ****ed off a 65 win team like Tilman did.

The Knicks never had the best GM in the business to run outa town.

They try .... and fail , only thing Ferntits try's to do is avoid the tax.

Tilman's in a class of suck all his own.

D-rock and YOLO like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Still has to be done at one point.

The more you fear it the more you waste time.

But it is true, rebuilding with Stoned and Fertitta, I am less than confident.

6. CXbby

CXbby Member

Enjoy what you asked for. In the ass just like the Rockets. I bet you are looking forward to it.

#46 CXbby, Nov 13, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
  7. topfive

topfive CF OG

Figured it was time to bump this thread. Not that I take any joy in watching my team become inconsequential after years of contending. It wasn't really all that prophetic, either. Anyone who was paying attention saw this coming.

So thanks again, Tilman. What's the over/under on when Spike Lee gets courtside season tickets?

Deuce, SuperKev, Rocket River and 3 others like this.
  8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Damn.

You suck ONE **** and you are branded for life.

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Rockets went from the penthouse to their mom’s basement

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Abbott trying to gaslight Texans like Tilman tried to gaslight Rockets fans.

Both are Trump acolytes and sycophants.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You figured wrong.

Rockets4Life13 likes this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

it’s truly unforgivable...people are dying, people are stuck at home in freezing temps with no heat or water...people are out here boiling water just to take a bath like we’re back in the Oregon Trail days

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

And Abbott is more concerned about forcing Mavs to play anthem, investigate nonexistant voter fraud and penalize green energy/climate change programs.

Like Tilman, like Trump, Abbott is completely demented, self serving and out of touch.

Enough with the F'ing lies and incompetence.

And ERCOT needs to be held accountable.

Dankstronaut and Reeko like this.
  14. because24

because24 Member

They don't get it though. Some never appreciate what they have until it's gone. And some to ignorant to still understand after its lost. We lost a generational top talent that has changed the game forever.

YOLO and Reeko like this.
  15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Harden just needed to be somewhere where he could be a the big time option during the season and a lesser option during the playoffs when things get a lot more strategic. In Brooklyn he could do that. In Houston he couldn't and it was too much for him. Harden is a great and he did change the game but at the end of the day to win a championship as a alpha dog your all around game and mental makeup have to be on a strong enough level to lead to that... Harden is not that. To me it's that simple so go somewhere where you don't have that responsibility but still be an important factor on the team.

16. TimDuncanDonaut

I thought we'd be a mid tier team (spurs or thunder), but it doesn't look like that. We're losing to scrub teams. To the likes of wizards, knicks, hornets, and grizzles. When game announcers bring up team's historical head-to-head match up, it's al but a reminder this is not a team that was.

My brain tells me we're not very good. But when the game comes on, a the little hope that sparkles... team would make a few runs, but eventually gets extinguished by the the end of 4Q. As fans, just have to put on a brave face and go with it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I like Wood.
    He could be a generational talent.
    But
    He needs durability and consistency.
    Was he propping up a bad Rockets team
    Like Harden did?

Rocket River

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

We are what, 40% into a lame duck season where both our our stars wanted out and our entire front office turned over and everyone has been injured? I'm not drawing any life-changing existentialist conclusions from this except that we were always screwed by the timeline of how things went down. Beginning of a season without training camp is not an ideal time to trade $90M of personnel and its going to take anyone, even Morey and Dantoni if they were still here, time to recover from the Westbrook trades x2 and Harden trade.

This was always going to be the beginning of a dark age. The only question is how long. As a fan I hardly care whose fault it was at this point (Tilmans). I had a strong premonition that this was coming the day the first Westbrook trade was made a couple off-seasons ago.

Will and Rockets4Life13 like this.
  19. topfive

topfive CF OG

Wow, I was WAY off with this prediction. Let me take this opportunity to get it right:

Hope all you (anti-Harden, anti-Morey) guys are thrilled with your Houston Washington Generals.

Deuce, Scarface, YOLO and 1 other person like this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

D'Antoni looking good right now too.