1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Happy for CP3 - pissed at Harden and Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jun 30, 2021.

1. wekko368

wekko368 Member

When I give context to the situation (using stats), you accuse me of being dishonest...

2. Salvy

Salvy Member

Context is important, it explains how things happened. Excuses are justifications for why things happen the way they did. You create excuses for why Harden failed to beat GS and why Kawhi did beat GS..... Is there anything you don't have an excuse for? Every single game ever played could have justifications as to why a team lost or why a team won. Problem with that is, the ultimate result is still unchanged regardless of justifications for certain events.

Harden did not beat GS in 2017 because he had no help, refs, GS is unbeatable, he had to pee, he had to poo, he was thinking about his fav strip club, a fan stood up and distracted him, his beard was itchy, someone farted and he hates farts..... It could be anything, you can pick and chose but in the end regardless of any excuse he still failed. Maybe next year he won't, I think he can be the best player in NBA. I think he can win it all, but can we stop protecting this man from reality?

3. HP3

HP3 Member

Yup, exactly. No, you are calling it an excuse. And LMAO the thing about Kawhi is the exact truth. They dont beat the Warriors fully healthy. Examining the wins and losses helps with CONTEXT. You are a results oriented who doesnt care about it and just want to blame someone. Thats it. You have these stupidly high expectations while you provide me no explanation as to who could have succeeded under similar circumstances.

Oh okay, results oriented thinking without any nuance....bro, its no wonder you the kind of views you do. Please dont talk to me, you dont want to have a discussion, you want to assign blame without thinking about anything.

s3ts likes this.
  4. Salvy

Salvy Member

Discrediting Kawhi really shows how much you know about bball..... Go back to playing NBA2k21, have fun looking at the stats learning bball from there..

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  5. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

No team in the West beat Golden St. for five years. What’s the West’s excuse?The Warriors beat the Conference 15-0 in series play during an unbeaten 5 year run.

s3ts and D-rock like this.
  6. Salvy

Salvy Member

I don't have excuses, ask @HP3 for one...

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  7. DonatelloLimestone

yea but MJ didn't...until he got a couple hall of famers to play with. Hakeem stands with Dirk as one of the few in recent modern history that did it without any super stars near them, they are anomoalies, and even then it almot takes the perfect amount of debt and cohesion to make that work. Basketball was never played 1-1, its a narrative. both those guys lost yearly more than they won, thats not an indicment on them, thats realistic that it takes a whole lot to go right to win a chip. Lebrons come up short, time an time again, that doesnt make him not clutch or leading, it just illustrates it takes a team, the right team, depth, time, culture.

So citing an anomaly just doesn't add up.

He didn't handle it right, defintiely. I think harden F'd up his own case. I agree. I'm not soley "pro HArden" or whatever or "anti tilman" I just try to be objective. And the fact is as I said with harden, he spent years playing minutes, useage, aobve par of the stars in the league when he could've cashed in his checks, gotten his numbers, and most people won't blame him like they would with Dame, they ll say hes doing his best. But while he did that, while the examples of cleveland toronto all spending on not worth it role players bc depth matters and championship windows are small when you have a generational talent, while he watched the owner lie to the public, lie to us, and water the team down to the point where even Chris Paul, who is not a harden ally, said the main reason was losing their glue and veteran leadership.

Compare that to JJ watt, similarly didn't win for the texans while being in individual succcess, they respected him and let him out. Rockets said "well make it uncomfortable" while hiring a first time gm, first time coach, and cheapest option of everything. And remember, harden is at the culmination of his lifes work, 1-3 years left of his prime and then its done. And this is a guy who still owns businesses, had a rockets themed restaurant opening this year, owns a part of the local soccer team, moved his family an purchased real estate ,didn't rent...by all accounts he was a true an true adopted houstonian, but he saw the writing on the wall as did Morey, MDA(go see tillman lie in 2019 publicly about his contract negotiatoins), Jeff Bzdelik, Mcnair, Westbrook, Tucker, and anyone with clout . ITs the same thing rich paul said of why anthony davis had to leave new orleans, bc these guys will waste your prime, cash in on your merchandise sales, aND blame you after.

Its becoming more and more of a plyers leagues, and that trend won't stop. And now the new tv deal might make it so even salary is covered just by that, so the par of spending in the new age billionaire owner is only going up. Remember, Hakeem wanted a trade an badly in 1992. So even your prime example wanted to abandon houston. This is a business, just as we threw him to the raptors bc we didnt want him to keep playing despite him being what I think both you and I agree, The embodiement of Houston Rockets and the players know this. so they have to look out for their own.

MettaWorldPete and Salvy like this.
  8. HP3

HP3 Member

Im not discrediting him, Im explaining the facts, sorry you cant handle it.

9. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

No way the Raptors beat a fully healthy Warriors squad. Two of there top 3 stars go down. Hell I think Kerr tore his Achilles in that series. LOL

rgw20014life, D-rock and HP3 like this.
  10. deshen

deshen Member

did any of eastern teams beat Warriors in those 5 years? this is an excuse.

Salvy likes this.
  11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He doesn't like the truth - it doesn't fit his narrative.

DD

Salvy and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  12. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

An excuse for what. It’s facts. They only lost to Lebron and injuries when playing the East. Injuries ended the run. What team in the West beat them? I’ll wait…..

13. Salvy

Salvy Member

I Bolded your excuse for you since you cant even recognize them as you back up your fac--narritve.

14. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Only so much you can do as a poorer team owner? This isn't accounting for less wealthy team owners that put more on the line financially for the sake of their final product.

15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Still waiting for a Western Conference Team that beat the Warriors during their 5 year run….I’ll continue to wait

#435 TEXNIFICENT, Jul 5, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2021
  16. Salvy

Salvy Member

Well no one beats the team that makes it to the finals every year or 5 years straight, what is your point? That Gold State was dominant? No one is questioning that, a weaker conference in the East took two titles away from the invincible mighty Warriors.

mastan likes this.
  17. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Why do people post 12 paragraph responses to a poster and expect that poster to read it word for word?... Lol ... Never understood that concept on a message board.. Wouldn't it be easier to get his number and talk if it's that serious? Lol

18. Salvy

Salvy Member

I actually read those paragraphs, I just have to pick and chose what to respond on. And also rather keep my posts short for the sake of the thread.

19. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The point that there folks are here whine and cry about Harden not winning the big one as if it were easy, when the mighty Western Conference got their asses handed to them for five years. No team was good enough. No star in the West could drag their team past Golden St. But if Harden, who clearly came up short during that period (losing to the Warriors 4 of 5 years) , is a horrendous loser for not defeating the Warriors then the West was a Conference that was full of horrendous losers for 5 years. It was an all time great run that was finally ended by injuries to star players.

HP3 and D-rock like this.
  20. Salvy

Salvy Member

During that 5 year stretch did Harden almost win an MVP every year? Was there seriously a player who was more dominant than Harden outside of Durant and Curry? Now you want to minimize Harden and group him up with a bunch of players that were not on his caliber in order to justify his failure. If there was someone in the west who was standing up to GS with or without Durant it was Harden. Is beating Houston Draymond Green's fav memory because Houston was trash? Or was it because Morey, Harden talked ish and then failed to back it up. They did not get swept, took GS deep and gave them all they could handle. My point is the chance was there for more, there was more..... Harden could have done more, be he played abysmally. Harden did not lose with his head up high. He diapered. This is why people have this opinion of him, because he could have done it but did not. Over and over again. And again this year.

beardsanity713 and DaDakota like this.