1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Happy for CP3 - pissed at Harden and Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jun 30, 2021.

1. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I dont even blame him for leaving - but i detest him for everything leading up to and surrounding his departure...

IF he had soured on Frittata to such a degree that he wanted out - fine. If he wants to be an asshat and demand a trade even though he's under contract - unprofessional but his prerogative i guess...
    but for everything ELSE (out of shape, covid disregard, ragging on the team, driving down his value, hiding behind his mommy's words...) - for all that... he can go screw himself. For all the crap he forced while Morey was trying to coddle him - he can go screw himself.

but hey... we ALL shoulda known he was a self absorbed narcissistic diva ass... we all watched him quit from the opening tipoff of game 6 against SAS... although some are STILL in denial...

fool's gold... always has been - always will be... maybe he can find someone to carry him to chip (KD made a heckuva an effort...) but this loser aint gonna do it as the top dog. He simply does not have the heart of champion - period.

I wish him nothing but strife and heartache... i hope he becomes unemployed and homeless - then his appearance will match his circumstances...

yeh... i'm still more than a little miffed... lol

bmelo, Pat and DaDakota like this.
  2. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

But for once he’s got some valid points though. Outside of his girl- like grudge against Harden, he’s on to something. JH13 showed up out of shape and tried to take a shortcut and got injured. He’s got EVERY right to want out after Tillman made it clear that he wasn’t going to spend but to show up out of shape was ridiculous. Allowing yourself to be filmed giving rappers money that close to the start of the season is ridiculous and it ended in an injury. I like Harden but over 30 & overweight = injury every time. You can’t cheat the game. You have to prepare.

CP3 is no savior but he took care of his business in the off-season and the injury bug broke his way this year. Give him credit, CP3 prepared & got out of his own way.

Rockets4Life13 and kjayp like this.
  3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Has zero to do with the point.

Dude who is never right thought he had a good one by claiming Harden sucks in the 4th and Kyrie was a badass who had to show Harden how it’s done.

False. Both were badass. Regular season and playoffs. Both faced the same competition. No one had to show the other how it’s done or carry the other one,

HP3, fckbandwagons and D-rock like this.
  4. HardenVolumeOne

always moving the goal post when it comes to harden. I would t wish what happened to harden in Houston on any young player

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I thought it was funny.

DD

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Yeah funny how he didn't do that in 2017 when we traded for him. Instead we got a CP3 missing a hamstring for two seasons

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Booker is better than him, he is the number 1 man on the team. You don't go 8-0 in the bubble if the team isn't on the rise. Won the first 2 games of the Western Conference Finals without Paul as well. they were already going to be very good even if they didn't get Paul, he was the cream on the top

8. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

When Harden shouldn't have played because he had concussion because he got hit in the head late in game 5 and was amazing in that game. Just because a team misses a player, doesn't mean they shouldf be automatically bad, especially one like the Spurs who rely on team basketball, not just off one players brilliance

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Harden in game 6 was at the Strip club until 6am - how do I know? I have a friend that was there - he told me before the game that Harden was out drunk the night before game 6......and he played like it.

DD

hakeem94, Le$$ and Rockets4Life13 like this.
  10. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I did. Post #168.

11. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Critical thinking. If Embiid were offered for Harden, then we would have Embiid.

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Fair. Not sure about the concussion theory, but second part is fair.

Not fair then to just say "CP3 made the finals because of injured opponents" though.

13. wekko368

wekko368 Member

It's absolutely relevant. If you're going to point at playoff stats, it's reasonable to look at the opponent. Boston was pretty beat up.

14. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Not when the argument he is making is that Harden was a no show in the 4th quarter and somehow needs Kyrie to show him how to do it or “carry” him.

Harden and Kyrie are the two players we are comparing. They play on the same team. So whether they played the best competition or the worst competition is irrelevant. Their 4th quarter outputs were very similar. Neither one was sucking and the other having to carry the weakling.

Their overall playoff ranking compared to the rest of the league is likely inflated based on their 1st round competition. But again it’s irrelevant when the “dig” the poster was making was that Harden was a 4th quarter no show and needed Kyrie to carry and show him how it’s done.

DatRocketFan, YOLO and HP3 like this.
  15. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I don't think Harden/Kyrie were being directly compared for this postseason run. Rather, I think the comparison was for their "clutch" reputations that they've cultivated over the years. Irving has the reputation of wanting the big shots, and he's made some memorable ones. The same can't be said for Harden.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

Just plain dumb. You’re like 60 years old and an embarrassment with such a stupid take. Harden wouldn’t be at any of the places you or your so called “friends” would be at. Stick to the bingo halls

#236 YOLO, Jul 1, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
    TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  17. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Well reputation doesn’t mean ****. Give me the results of what actually happened this season when they played together.

HP3 and DatRocketFan like this.
  18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

the poster is moving goal post, bro u are just wasting your time.

HP3 likes this.
  19. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I'm not moving anything. Read the post to which Jordnnn originally replied.

20. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Reputations are born from accomplishments, and accomplishments mean a lot.