1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Happy Chinese New Year

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by pickymen, Feb 8, 2005.

1. pickymen

pickymen Contributing Member

For those of you who will be celebrating Chinese New Year, I wish you great health and happiness in the year of the Rooster!

2. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Right back at ya'll...The year of the rooster...Who doesn't love ****...err, nevermind...;) jk...

I was born the year of the Boar and my Son the Dragon, so Happy Chinese New Year...

3. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Just remember, do not get married this year! They say the year of the chicken is the "yaear of the widows"!!

4. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Dude, it's the year of the ****! get it right!

You're a deep thinker with much ability and talent. You like to keep busy and you try hard and you hate to fail. You'd rather work by yourself than with others and your fortunes can swing high, or low. You get along best with Ox, Snake, and Dragon.

5. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

I always thought the year of the Ram (goat) is bad for getting married. :confused:

Why is the year of Rooster bad also?

6. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Man I wish I was Chinese right now so I could get me some red envelopes :)

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

My understanding from NPR this morning is that this year of the Rooster does not have a first day of spring because of how the calendar falls. Without a first day of spring, it's a bad year for new beginnings.

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Does anyone know if the Hong Kong Mall will have speciall stuff? Website with info or schedule, anyone?

Reminder: SwoLy-D is Mexican