1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

happy birthday tracy

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1RocketMac11, May 24, 2009.

1. spankyou

spankyou Member

actually he remembered right, they didn't make the playoff. That game was one of the few yao and McGrady was healthy together, JVG only got them to win some 30+ games, which results in the 15th draft pick for Rudy Gay, which then was packaged with Swift (which we signed on the same year with all the hype) for Battier

correct me if I'm wrong

2. YaoforPrez

YaoforPrez Member

ummm, he didnt demand a trade, he did the exact opposite by the whole stunt he pulled with the media. He completely ruined his value so we couldnt trade him. Also, supported his teammates? yeah he was sitting on our bench when he picked the opposing team to win. That's not supporting your team.

The one thing you did say that was right was he deserves a 2nd chance. He deserves a 2nd chance, just not with us. for your birthday the rockets let you sit on the bench during the 2nd round of the playoffs. As your party favor, you can be traded for a backup C and some players with heart. Happy Birthday T-mac.

3. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

There are only 14 non-playoff teams in the draft lottery. Since we drafted 15th, we were in the playoffs.

We lost to the Mavericks in 7 in 2004-05. Here's one of the most memorable moments from that series.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

http://t-mac.com/tmac/blogDetail/1726

5. BetterThanEver

We were in the playoffs. :)

6. Mr. Space City

actually the question was BEFORE the lakers series and the questionwas who did he think would win a championship in which he replied the lakers because they DO have the best chance to win a championship.

you'd be ignorant as a rockets fan to think we were contenders for the championship this year and he was right

7. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Wrong.

8. YaoforPrez

YaoforPrez Member

so you think at no point this year the rockets were contenders for a championship? that's the spirit!!!!

9. Mr. Space City

without yao no, i loved our run and respect all the players apart of it but in reality that team would not win an nba championship.

IF we did beat the lakers and somehow beat the nuggets and the the magic beat the cavs, could you imagine how dominate dwight would be on chuck hayes and carl landry? :eek:

i support the rockets but there is a difference between a fan and and ignorant bias

i apologize if im a realist instead of guys who come on here saying "ROCKETS NBA CHAMPS 05-06-07-08-09"

10. gotsis

gotsis Member

happy birthday....... come back strong next year :)

1 person likes this.
  11. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I think that point is kind of moot. TMac NEEDED surgery. If you trade him to another team, he still has to pass a physical and I have little confidence Tracy would have been able to do so. I believe that if we had traded him, TMac would have failed the physical and the trade would have been voided. Any team trading for him at that point wouldn't have been doing it for the cap reasons the current trade scenarios revolve around. They'd be expecting a player, not somebody who would have to have surgery and miss 6 months to a year. So it's not like any trade partner would have waived the physical requirement. No, I don't think there's any way a trade gets completed even if TMac doesn't announce his need for surgery.

I think TMac got some bad medical advice to start the season. I don't think he knew how hurt he was and he tried to play through it when maybe he shouldn't have. In retrospect, he probably should have had surgery at the beginning of the year to maximize the amount of time he had to recover before next season. But the BBS probably would have crucified him and called him a quitter.

I'm not happy with the way TMac performed last season. I'm not pleased with the way he handled some of the situations. I'm disappointed in him but there's no hate. I'm not going to fault for a guy because he's injured. Fans on here simultaneously blast him for attempting to play while injured and then blast him again for opting for surgery instead of grinding it out for the rest of the season. It's a no win situation.

And more recently, the TMac hate has turned into cheap potshots. Hey, if you don't like TMac that's fine. I have no problem with that and if you want to debate valid faults of his, that's cool too. But threads like this are complete crap. One minute after the Rockets beat the Blazers, somebody started a thread "congratulating" Tracy on getting out of the first round. Really? The Rockets had their first playoff series victory in a decade and the first thing you think of is "I'm going to use this joyous event to bash Tracy"? Wow! Now somebody sees it's his birthday and decides it's a good way to start a bash thread? That's pathetic and uncalled for. Grow the hell up. It's sad that there are posters on here that are looking for excuses to start threads to dig the knife in a little deeper. As if there aren't enough thread doing that already. You have to use his birthday to take yet another potshot.

Again, if you have legitimate problems with the guy, fine. I respect people who have valid concerns and criticisms, of which there are many. But threads like this which serve only to bash a guy for no apparent reason are pure garbage.

12. BetterThanEver

That's right blame the medical team. It's all on them.

13. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

I agree. I'm SICK and TIRED of people making absolutely ridiculous comments about his rehab progress, lack of heart, and will to make a recovery. Are you in the room with the trainer? Do you watch him rehab? Has McGrady ever said a word to you? No you say? Then STFU already.

1 person likes this.
  14. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

give it a rest for crying out loud

15. logicx

logicx Member

Happy Birthday, T. Hope your best years are ahead of you.

16. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Wow... The ,man is still on our payroll and still signed up to wear the silver red and white. I'm not a big fan of Ron Artest on the Rockets but I'm not going to sit here and rip on him any chance I get, especially on a thread about his birthday.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That is your view of what happened. I don't think he did.

He tried to play through an injury and failed. That's my view.

1 person likes this.
  18. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

happy Birthday Tmac, get well soon and best wishes.

1 person likes this.
  19. cuddie

cuddie Member

Leave...forever

1 person likes this.
  20. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

I agree the line between justified angry fan and being a illogical hateful "Four Letter Word" has been passed by now in most of these McGrady hate threads. Its like with the team ending on such a high note (although it could have been higher), some folk just want something or someone to be down on.