1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Happy Birthday Royce White!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaonlyLA, Apr 10, 2013.

1. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Singapore has laws against trash on the street.

2. HL3

HL3 Member

I think he's human waste because he's a deadbeat dad who won't take care of his kids but that's just me.

3. JoeBarelyCares

Stop disrespecting Calvin Murphy by not giving him credit for being the true record holder. When Royce is one away from breaking his record, Calvin will put the voodoo hex on him.

4. ZNB

ZNB Member

You must be 22 or younger to not think 22 is still classified as "Kid" in the context of life experience.

1 person likes this.
  5. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

uhhh, after getting to the end of your great post, I noticed that you are FOLLOWING HIM ON TWITTER? Please don't add to this guy's ego by following him.

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

Another kid for the big bust.

HBD deadbeat

7. nbalopez23

nbalopez23 Member

Are you serious come on he deserves every bit of criticism. Your right this is not about the Rockets how do you think his women feels knowing they were just a number? Your right I don't understand how he just doesn't put a damn condom. Let's talk about the kids for a min his selfish ass could pay some child support by playing basketball oh wait..... WASTE OF A HUMAN BEING

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Royce white is a professio..... Wait.... **** you!

9. andersongo

andersongo Member

No I'm older. And still 22 years olds are not kids, even in the context of life experience. You've got the capacity to reason and grasp basic moral principles. You've got no excuse. But I guess that this is just the general infantilism trend among Western young adults which goes hand in hand with wasting time at University of Complacency until you are a fully fledged adult at freaking 25.

10. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Infantilism is the natural effect of longer lifespans and material wealth.

11. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Sure it is. At 22 I was still stupid about many things. Oh how much I wish when I was 22 I knew what I know now. But there is a big difference from 22 and 20, and 20 and 18, and 18 and 16. And Royce White seems to be stuck closer to the the latter group.

I am not trying to judge his illness. I get it he has anxiety issues. I get it he has a fear of flying. He wasn't as forthcoming as he should have been but I even get he wanted a paycheck so he lied about it. But he doesn't have to tweet all over the world about his poor fate in life.

Look at Trob, He lost both grandparents and his Mom in the matter of months. His hole family existence vanished. he had no one but a young sister left. His Mom was all of his existence. Swoosh gone and he is alone. In mid season he gets dumped here. And not once do you hear him complain about his outcome or his troubles. He has been the consumate role model. Plays hard, practices hard and cheers on the sidelines hard. If anyone has the right to whine he does in many ways life has given him the short stick. Yes God gave him a talent but then he threw him in a lot of suffering to mix with that.

Look at Meyers Leonard. His Dad dies when he is very young. His elder brother becomes the father figure of the family and raises him good. His brother is sent to Afghanistan and his mother is sick in pain. he wants to stay a kid longer and stay in college. But he can't. He joins the NBA and is grateful for the opportunity to help his family. He is a model citizen. There are many of these stories out there. Even some like his and he says he wants to be an advocate but he is now advocate he is just a loud mouth talking to anyone who will listen.

Everyone is different and ever situation is different but going on every media that will listen saying Woe is me gets old. Yeah you have it difficult. Yes it may be more difficult than I can imagine. But your difficulty is not the problem it's the issues you are not complaining about. Where is the anxiety talking to the media and tweeting every second. Do you think before you tweet. The Rockets have gone out of their way to help you. But that is not there job even if you think it should be and still you complain. You want more.. you get more and then you take advantage of it.

Really that isn't even the big issue. The real problem is he doesn't want to play basketball. he just wants to get a pay check so he can move on. So he puts in a half a s s effort, doing only what he has to and complains about his difficult life and collects his paycheck. Nothing more and he wishes it could be less.I have no empathy for that. Just want to pay him what we have to and cut him loose.

#71 Old Man Rock, Apr 11, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  12. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

stay classy guys...

13. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

2 way street Morey wants to use him to play basketball

and white wants a paycheck

14. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Yeah he is getting his paycheck but not playing much basketball. No worries... he just needs to focus on those kids. His child support payments will kill him for the next 20 years.

15. andersongo

andersongo Member

Western infantilism is more like the result of cultural degeneracy which discourages personal responsibility and moral growth.

16. andersongo

andersongo Member

You get it. Good for you.

17. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate

This thread really should be locked. Too much ugliness.

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lol bunch of pathetic people in this thread

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

He didn't have 5 kids while he was in college. Also it's not like Morey didn't know White had risks, it's just that for the 18TH pick he was worth a look. You had stand up guys like Hoiberg swearing up and down for him.

I'm not sure why people like to bash on Morey for taking risky picks like White and T-will, it's not like Morey and his staff had no idea White had issues. Ever heard of the term risk and reward? Sure it didn't work out, but how many 18th picks work out? Hell, Minny had like 5 top 5 picks who became worse players than White.

20. HL3

HL3 Member

I don't understand why some people still defend this deadbeat. Maybe if he took some responsibility for his kids you could make the case that he's a decent guy outside of basketball, but he doesn't and he's not.

Did those 5 picks ever set foot on an NBA court? Because that would automatically make them better than White.