1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Happy 4th

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rimrocker, Jul 4, 2009.

1. rimrocker

rimrocker Member

Here's a couple of Jefferson quotes that capture the spirit...

"May [our Declaration of Independence] be to the world, what I believe it will be (to some parts sooner, to others later, but finally to all), the signal of arousing men to burst the chains under which monkish ignorance and superstition had persuaded them to bind themselves, and to assume the blessings and security of self-government... All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man." --Thomas Jefferson

"The flames kindled on the Fourth of July, 1776, have spread over too much of the globe to be extinguished by the feeble engines of despotism; on the contrary, they will consume these engines and all who work them."
    --Thomas Jefferson

2. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate

Happy 4th to my fellow clutchfans.

3. Kam

Kam Member

This thread came first, so I am bumping you.

HELL YEAH AMERICA.

4. logicx

logicx Member

Happy 4th to all of you.

Go freedom, go America!

5. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

Bump again for being first!

6. Uprising

Uprising Member

Guess I'm headed to Lufkin for the celebration. Cheaper than making a trip down to Houston. I have to pay for our get away next weekend anyways.

hmmm BBQ....Music....Fireworks. ....and beer.

7. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Happy 4th Everyone! Great quotes, rim.

8. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

My first D&D move?

We have become a Nazi monster in the eyes of the whole world, a nation of bullies and bastards who would rather kill than live peacefully. We are not just whores for power and oil, but killer whores with hate and fear in our hearts. We are human scum, and that is how history will judge us. No redeeming social value. Just whores. Get out of our way, or we'll kill you. Who does vote for these dishonest ****heads? Who among us can be happy and proud of having all this innocent blood on our hands? Who are these swine? These flag-sucking half-wits who get fleeced and fooled by stupid little rich kids like George Bush? They are the same ones who wanted to have Muhammad Ali locked up for refusing to kill gooks. They speak for all that is cruel and stupid and vicious in the American character. They are the racists and hate mongers among us; they are the Ku Klux Klan. I piss down the throats of these Nazis. And I am too old to worry about whether they like it or not. **** them.

- Hunter S. Thompson