1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hamas attacks Israel: Yom Kippur War, 50 years on

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Oct 7, 2023.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Unfortunately Japan unlike Germany have not addressed their sins.

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

They're far ahead of Islamic states, but who's really counting

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

you are

4. HTM

HTM Member

Good thing nobody said that...

What's with all the gaslighting today?

You can't even admit the simple fact that India, as a country/culture/society has a rape problem over and above those seen in other countries... what's wrong with you?

This is very well documented.

India was named as the world's most dangerous country for women in a survey of global experts released on Tuesday.

The Thomson Reuters Foundation survey of about 550 experts on women's issues ranked war-torn Afghanistan and Syria in second and third place, with Somalia and Saudi Arabia next.

https://www.reuters.com/article/wor...-dangerous-countries-for-women-idUSKBN1JM01Z/

Is this not a commentary on the culture and society?

tinman and AroundTheWorld like this.
  5. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

@AroundTheWorld
    @basso
    @ROXRAN

You have to admit , these Palestinians sure made a bunch of tunnels with no real subway

You can just take the tunnel to the school or hospital or drop your AK47 at some mosque

so convenient

ROXRAN and basso like this.
  6. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

@fchowd0311 views everything in terms of power dynamics (like a good Marxist). Once you understand that, his point is very clear. People do bad things because they are oppressed. No one has free will, we are all products of our environments. If you swapped the Israelis and the Palestinians they would each be behaving exactly as the other is now because the Israelis would be the oppressed and the Palestinians the oppressors. Soviets only raped more than Americans because Germany invaded the Soviet Union (oppressed them) and didn't invade America (not opppressed). Everything is simply cause and effect. The Palestinians aren't bad for raping and murdering people, that is just the result of Israeli policy. That's what oppressed people do. The Soviets were not worse than the Americans, they were just more oppressed by the Nazis. The Indians are no more rapey than anyone else, it is because of (insert oppression here, overcrowding? poverty? hinduism? whatever).

ROXRAN, tallanvor, HTM and 1 other person like this.
  7. HTM

HTM Member

Yea, I do remember that now that you point it out.

He does have this strange view where nobody is accountable for anything. Unless its someone/group he doesn’t like. Everything is the fault of some circumstance. Poverty is his favorite but he will find any excuse.

But he doesn’t apply that to say, Trump, who is only the way that he is because of his family, his father, the circumstances of his birth and life.

Thats an empathy bridge too far.

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

Actually in the 1940’s zionists groups carried out terrorists attacks against the British including the bombing of the King David Hotel
    That killed 91 including civilians. Avraham Stern who founded the group Lehi even wrote justifying terrorism in the name of Zionism.

Since many including yourself have been citing what Rome did Carthage the Romans considered Judean resistance fighters as equivalent of terrorists and leveled the second temple along with putting many Jewish men, women and children to death also.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  9. StupidMoniker

All that is true. Is there a point to posting it? Why start it with actually, as though it contradicts anything I said?

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Applying empathy is actually rather important. It helps us understand how Germany fell to Nazism for example, a lesson many Americans like yourself should learn. Understanding how disgruntled veterans who experienced brutal trench warfare believing their country was on the verge of winning losing the war and being fed propaganda that all their brothers suffered gruesome deaths for no reason because they were told leftists and Jews betrayed them is powerful. You can utilize empathy to understand how their experiences made them easy targets for propaganda to direct hatred towards specific groups and you can use their empathy to prevent these future situations. You can have empathy for the leaders, Kaiser fanboy aristocrats who pushed for total war against Europe sold this propaganda to these WW1 veterans. People with a comfortable wealthy lifestyle who get that wealth from exploitation want to make sure the ire of angry German war veterans who just lost a war placed their blame on people with less power that are easy scapegoats to deflect that hatred. That's a very human thing. Empathy allows us to understand these very human actions.

But like I said you want your cake and you want to eat it also. You want to claim that people aren't inherently evil based in where they were born or what ethnicity or culture they were born into but at the same time believe that culture is a intrinsic trait where morality of said culture is inherent.

You could simply try to answer my question why do you think Russians in war were more people me to things like rape and torture of German prisoners. Do you think it's genetic disposition? I'm assuming you do given you believe these traits are intrinsic to Russians because you can't explain how they got to that "cultural trait" you perceive.

#11410 fchowd0311, Jul 10, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2024
  11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

You were commenting on @fchowd0311 view
    And wrote
    It is pointing out that the people who founded Israel and their ancestors like Palestinians when they felt desperate and oppressed also engaged in terrorism. So yes environment and power relationships does affect human behavior.

Do you agree with that?

fchowd0311 likes this.
  12. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Can any of the woke Jew haters tell me why Gaza has so many tunnels?
    Is it just for terrorists and hostages or is it public transportation?

basso and AroundTheWorld like this.
  13. StupidMoniker

Do I agree that environment and power relationships affect human behavior? Of course I do. Do I think that those are the primary or only drivers of human behavior? I do not. More importantly, I do not think that those who do evil should be excused or sided with, simply because they felt oppressed prior to doing evil.

14. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

They thought El Chappo might take up residence there.

tinman likes this.
  15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Okay so you believe it was evil for Israel to embrace the members of Nakam, give them a permanent home in Israel, who were victims of the Holocaust, who almost successfully killed millions of German civilians by almost successfully executing a plan to poison the water supply of multiple German cities.

So we see Israeli society embrace mass murderers of civilians or people who gleefully almost successfully executed mass murder of civilians.

Anyways it's irrelevant to what's more important. Empathy as we discuss it is more important in regards to preventing things like fascism rising.

Look it's very obvious the type of person you would be in 1920s Germany. You'd be the guy who would say "the Nazis at least aren't commies"

You being void of empathy skills is why you will never notice the rise of fascism around you. You will embrace it unknowingly.

16. StupidMoniker

Well, I have a head start on you because I don't mistake libertarianism for fascism.

AroundTheWorld and tinman like this.
  17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

I haven't met a neo-nazi who doesn't talk like a libertarian waxing lyrical about freedoms and how the leftists are stifling speech.

Every political faction wants to claim they are the faction of freedom.

18. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Or jihadhism
    @AroundTheWorld
    @basso

basso and AroundTheWorld like this.
  19. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Dang they keep find these tunnels

@tallanvor

they need to blow these tunnels up because I like these videos with tunnels being blown up

ROXRAN likes this.
  20. StupidMoniker

When determining which political system someone fits into, I find it helpful to look at things like policy choices instead of mere rhetoric. If someone's policies don't focus on total centralized state power and instead have things like free enterprise, free speech, low taxes, small government, etc., they are probably not advancing a fascist form of government.