1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Halo 3: Title Update 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LFE171, Sep 24, 2008.

1. LFE171

LFE171 Member

2. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Eh, Halo 2 multiplayer > Halo 3 ... imo anyways.

3. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

Explain this please.

4. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

And oh yeah, Call of Duty 4 sucks.

Moving on.

5. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

rankings and achievements are just a gimmick to keep people playing.

6. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I agree and disagree. I think the maps on Halo 2 are a tad bit better and are much more interesting and the gameplay in Halo 3 is a hell of a lot better. With the range of nades, and the new vehicle limitations I think Halo 3 is a big step up.

7. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

But if it works, why wouldn't you do it?

People will continue to play Halo regardless because it is a good game and they have a loyal fanbase.

8. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

Agreed.

But The Pit and Construct beat any Halo 2 map.

9. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I love the Pit, not so much construct.

10. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

What about Narrows, Isolation, Guardian, and Vahalla?

Those 6 maps are the only decent ones in the game, the other original 4(Snowbound, Epitaph, High Ground, Sandtrap) suck.

11. Anticope

Anticope Member

Psssh. Lockout owns all.

12. AGBee

AGBee Member

Those that can't hang play Halo :p

13. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

Lockout is overrated. Don't even say Midship either.

You'll disagree with me, but Turf is my favorite Halo 2 map.

14. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

LOL.

I played COD 4 for about 4 months, then got bored of it because its a lot easier than any Halo game. Almost 95% of the people who play COD 4 has at least had a game of 30+ kills or a game of less than 5 deaths. Plus the sniping is way too easy.

I just hope World at War is not so "nooby".

15. WillG

WillG Member

Yeah COD4 is alot easier IMO than HALO. I only play cod3 MP though.

16. JD2010

JD2010 Member

you're trippin

17. JunkyardDwg

Well for one, the Halo 2 maps are far more memorable than the Halo 3 ones.

And there's the matchmaking...really it's the inability for your friends to create and save profiles, so when you play split-screen, they don't have to adjust their controls every time. I'm sure this was cut because companies are leaning away from split screen, which, personally, I think is a mistake because I actually like inviting friends over to play. I also don't like the variety of playlists...one of my favorites from Halo 2, SWAT, unless things have changed, wasn't carried over. And then there's the fact that almost none of the maps are big enough to support the larger vehicles...and the only one that is big enough (keep in mind I haven't downloaded all the maps) doesn't have Scorpions. Maybe they took them out because they felt the Scorpions created an imbalance, but I didn't get that impression from Halo 2.

And then my biggest complaint is the re-configuring of the weapons. I HATE that the default weapon is the assault rifle. It's such a weak weapon, and it essentially forces you to use grenades. Now I don't mind using grenades, but I think it cheapens the action when you're basically forced to use it with the assault rifle. I loved the battle rifle...imo it was the perfect starting weapon. And when I play Halo 3, I usually race to ditch the assault rifle as fast as I can. I think they should have kept the "lock on" feature on the Rocket launcher...think it created a nice balance between vehicles and weapons. And the sword SUCKS now, with the addition of the "dual" mini-game...it actually made that weapon even cheaper.

I've heard all the arguments for these changes...but I just don't agree with them. Halo 3 multiplayer is not the same as Halo 2; I haven't played 3 nearly as much as it's predecessor.

Single player is better than 2 though...and I do like that you can veto maps.

18. JunkyardDwg

The all-time best Halo map would have to be Tombstone/Hang 'em High.

19. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

It's true, its only popular because it is easily accessible to people who play it. If it was as hard to master as Halo, Gears, Rainbow Six, or pretty much any other shooter, it wouldn't be getting all the praise.

The campaign is very cliche, the MP is very flat and nothing really changes when you go throughout the different "gametypes". Plus it has a horrible matchmaking system.

COD 4 Sucks. PERIOD.

20. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

I agree if Halo 3 would hav a map like coagulation on halo 2 it would be much better